Delivery:
Out of stock In stock at
Order within to pick up today!
Available for pickup
Order by to pick up by release date
unavailable
Out of stock In stock unavailable
for delivery to Verify Address
Please provide your address to verify you are within our delivery area.
Same Day Delivery for $12.99 Order within - Order within
FREE shipping on Orders $79+
Out of stock
Select Condition / Platform For Availability

Features

• Play as both Antea and Red, and battle supernatural forces with magic, weapons and spiritual powers.
  • Unlock new gear and abilities to unleash the full power of the Banishers.
  • Uncover the ancient secrets and hidden mysteries of a mystical, lore-rich world.
  • Characteristic of renowned studio DON’T NOD, make meaningful and morally ambiguous choices that affect the story, the world and the fate of all characters, dead or alive.
  • Buy the physical version of Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden now and get the Wanderer Set DLC including the Wanderer outfit and Cortador and Ascua, fabled weapons from a long lost, noted banisher.

Product Description

Step into the haunting world of Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, where reality and the supernatural collide in an epic RPG adventure. Immerse yourself in a gripping storyline as you navigate the dark streets of New Eden, a city plagued by restless spirits. With stunning graphics and immersive gameplay, Banishers will transport you to a realm where you must uncover the secrets of the afterlife and battle malevolent ghosts. Unleash your inner ghost hunter and harness supernatural powers to banish these spectral beings. Are you ready to face your fears and become the ultimate ghostbuster in New Eden?

New Eden, 1695. Antea Duarte and Red mac Raith are lovers and Banishers, ghost-hunters who vowed to protect the living from the threat of lingering ghosts and spectres. Following a disastrous last mission, Antea is fatally wounded, becoming one of the spirits she loathes. In the haunted wilds of North America, the couple desperately searches for a way to liberate Antea from her new plight.

Immerse yourself in a beautiful, intimate and powerful story between two fated lovers. As Banishers, enter the lives of New Eden’s communities and solve haunting cases in a mystical, lore-rich world plagued with supernatural creatures and ancient secrets. Use your wits or combine Antea’s spiritual powers and Red’s arsenal to defeat and banish the souls tormenting the living.

Challenging decisions will lay on your path, dramatically impacting your story and the fate of New Eden’s inhabitants—be they living people or wandering souls. How much will you compromise your ghost-hunting vow for the sake of your lover who became one of such spirits?

Bonus   

BANISHERS: Ghosts of New Eden Physical Copy Bonus Offer

Purchase the physical version of BANISHERS: Ghosts of New Eden and receive:

• The Wanderer Set DLC, including the Wanderer outfit, the Cortador, and ASCUA weapons skin set for Red.

Redemption will be packed in box.

BANISHERS: Ghosts of New Eden Physical Bonus

Game Informer

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden Preview

Paranormal Partners

by Charles Harte

Dead wives are among my least favorite tropes in fiction. It’s not the fact that they die that bothers me, but the way they’re denied any semblance of a personality in the process, reduced to being a motivating factor in the protagonist’s history. Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden avoids this problem, but it’s not because it doesn’t kill the love interest – it’s because her ghost becomes the second protagonist.

Developed by Don’t Nod Entertainment and published by Focus Interactive (a duo that previously collaborated on 2018’s Vampyr), Banishers tells the tale of Red Mac Raith and his ghostly partner Antea Duarte. Red is who you’ll control most of the game since he’s the person who is actually able to speak with most of the characters in the world, but Antea will always be nearby to provide advice and commentary. Outside of conversations, she’s the pair’s gateway to conversing with spirits and can touch certain corpses to see glimpses of their past lives.

The story starts with the banishers arriving at a settlement in the woods. Taking place in a fantasy version of colonial America in 1695, civilization is sparse, and helpful people are few and far between. In my demo, we encounter a character named Thickskin who enlists our services to hunt down a beast that’s been terrorizing her village. She gives us a whistle to blow in case of emergency and says we’ll need a rifle, which her angsty younger sister Kate begrudgingly gives up.

This rifle quickly comes in handy, as the forest is full of Bonewalkers, aggressive, ghostly skeletons that can reanimate corpses. Red is the partner with the corporeal form, but Antea can still swap in during combat at the tap of a button, complementing Red’s slower sword swings with fast phantasmal punches. She has more powerful ghostly abilities, too, like an explosion of spectral energy, but using her slowly drains your spirit meter, and using those abilities depletes it even faster. As a result, you’ll be forced back over to using Red, but the spirit bar replenishes as you damage enemies or drink a decoction, which you also use to heal Red.

As I play a few hours of this demo, the combat system gradually grows on me, and I look forward to swapping between the two characters. Mechanically, it’s nothing too special; it’s a standard, third-person action game. But it feels so cool to tag team undead that I didn’t mind the simplicity. As you progress through the game, you also gain the ability to upgrade your equipment and unlock new skills, which will, hopefully, deepen combat mechanically to make it a bit more distinct.

After forging through the forest, an abandoned mine, and some more forest, Antea glimpses into the lives of enough corpses so that we have an idea of what happened. Thickskin was traveling with a group of settlers and decided to split them into two – her faster group would travel ahead, and a slower group would meet them at camp. When the stragglers got swarmed by wolves, they called for help by blowing their whistles, identical to the one Thickskin gifted Red. Turns out, it only summons more wolves. Thickskin lied to them, leaving them to die while ensuring her group’s safety.

I reach the beast’s home and perform a ritual to summon the dog-like monstrosity made from the bones and the corpses of the settlers left behind. The boss battle is challenging but a little tedious for my taste – the boss’s health bar is large, and it takes a lot of hits to bring down. Luckily, I defeat it on my first try. Shortly after, I’m greeted by Thickskin, who has wandered suspiciously far from her settlement.

I confront her, and when she confesses to dooming her fellow travelers (and expressing no regret about it), I have the choice to either kill her and get revenge or let her live and keep her existing community whole. The decisions also have a note at the bottom in yellow text, saying that one will contribute to Antea’s Ascent while the other will contribute to her Resurrection, and I’m unsure of the implications of either choice. Ultimately, I choose to spare Thickskin to break the cycle of violence, but I could have gone either way. Decisions like these are something Don’t Nod is known for – it did develop the story-driven Life is Strange, after all – and I’m curious to see how much of an impact the choices have in the finished product.

After the decision, the demo ends, and I’m left in roughly the same spot where I began. I’m not fully sold, but I am intrigued. I like the dynamic between Red and Antea; the world-building is unique, and the combat system excites me, but I can imagine growing tired of all three of these elements if they don’t get any more complex than they are now. I’m eager to find out when Banishers is released next February.

This preview originally appeared in Issue #361 of Game Informer

Combat

New Eden is plagued with supernatural creatures and malicious spirits, and it is your Banisher duty to eliminate them.

Exploration of New Eden

On your powerful journey to save your soulmate, Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden will take you to the eerie wilderness of 1695 North America.

Embodying two characters

In Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, you embody two spirit hunters and lovers: Antea and Red.

Rituals

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is filled with mysteries waiting to be discovered.

Bestiary

You will face many dangers in the haunted wilds of New Eden. The dead and cursed alike will try to stop you.

Specifications

General

Brand Name Focus Entertainment

Gameplay

Number of Players 1
Perspective 3rd Person
Genre RPG

Compatability

Compatible Platforms Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 5

Fandom

Publisher Name Focus Entertainment
Developer Name Don't Nod