After much anticipation and hype, it’s safe to say the Sony PlayStation 5 (PS5) console has absolutely delivered. The PS5 console has brought true next-gen gaming to life, with stunning 4K graphics, silky-smooth framerates and a controller, the PlayStation 5 DualSense controller, that creates unparalleled immersion with new features, such as haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.
With two different console models available, the PlayStation 5 (with physical drive) and the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, gamers now have their choice between using physical discs or talking the all-digital route.
Some of the most exciting features of the PlayStation 5 include:
· Lightning Speed - Harness the power of a custom CPU, GPU, and SSD with Integrated I/O that rewrite the rules of what a PlayStation® console can do.
· Breathtaking Immersion - Discover a deeper gaming experience with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D Audio technology. Ultra-High Speed SSD Maximize your play sessions with near instant load times for installed PS5™ games.
· Integrated I/O - The custom integration of the PS5™ console's systems lets creators pull data from the SSD so quickly that they can design games in ways never before possible.
· Ray Tracing - Immerse yourself in worlds with a new level of realism as rays of light are individually simulated, creating true-to-life shadows and reflections in supported PS5™ games.
· Up to 120fps with 120Hz output - Enjoy smooth and fluid high frame rate gameplay at up to 120fps for compatible games, with support for 120Hz output on 4K displays.
· Up to 8K Output - PS5™ consoles support 8K Output, so you can play games on your 4320p resolution display.
· Tempest 3D AudioTech - Immerse yourself in soundscapes where it feels as if the sound comes from every direction. Through your headphones or TV speakers your surroundings truly come alive with Tempest 3D AudioTech in supported games.
PLAYSTATION 5 - FROM THE DESK OF GAME INFORMER
Here’s a quick description for some of the most exciting Sony PlayStation 5 console features from the experts at Game Informer magazine:
The PlayStation 5 features a solid-state drive, an enhanced GPU capable of delivering ray tracing, and an 8-core, 16-thread CPU based on AMD’s Zen 2 microarchitecture. The PlayStation 5 controller replaces the rumble technology found in the DualShock 4 with haptic feedback, which will give players a wider range of feedback. You’ll feel the difference in textures as your car drives over rocks or mud through the haptic response. The controller also boasts new adaptive triggers that give developers the freedom to determine how much resistance is applied to the L2 and R2 buttons. Meaning one could get a little harder to push as you draw a bow.
The PlayStation 5’s user interface is being expanded in innovative ways, one allowing players to see what is happening in a game without even booting it up. From the PlayStation 5 menu, you can see which multiplayer matches are available or what single-player missions you are on in the game.