Star Trek: Tactical Assault is a real-time spaceship combat game for 1 or 2 players, featuring a wide array of authentic Star Trek races, ships, and weaponry from the universe of the original Star Trek series. Players take command of powerful Federation and Klingon warships and must outthink and out duel their opponents in order to succeed. Play through either the Federation or Klingon campaigns in single-player mode or go head-to-head against a friend in wireless multiplayer action.
More DetailsLess Details
* Based on the films of The Original Series. Space is the final frontier, Kirk is in command, and the Klingons are the bad guys. Play through the era that started it all with this classic Star Trek game.
* Real-time combat involving multiple warships. The true test of a Captain is his ability to act under fire. Every second counts as you attempt to out-maneuver enemy warships and expose their weaknesses while protecting your own.
* Two full campaign modes. Become a hero of the Federation or a champion of the Klingon Empire in two full-length, independent campaigns.
* Branching missions with multiple outcomes. You are in command. As the Captain, it is up to you to make the best decisions for your crew. With a multitude of paths to choose from, you will decide the direction and ultimate outcome of your campaign.
* Head-to-Head wireless multiplayer. Test your skills and tactics against the most challenging opponents you'll find…your friends.
* Five playable races. In Skirmish and Multiplayer modes, command ships from the Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Gorn, and Orion fleets. Each fleet has its own combat philosophy, strengths, and weaknesses. Tactics that lead to victory for one race will result in disaster for another.
Star Trek Tactical Assault is rated
3.0 out of
Rated 5 out of
a very good game for fansi got this game and was very inpreesed with it the ships are good quality and the sound are good . the story is good in both campains. the only problem was the story chariters where very cartoony but the story was good. there are a lot of ships to chouse from . i love the game. and got it for a freind.
Date published: 2011-08-11
Rated 2 out of
OkOk so I am a GIANT fan of Star Trek so when I heard about this game I was like got to get it!! Well I got it about 1 week ago and it and I was hooked on it for about 3 days. I mean when you get it its awesome but the gameplay just gets dull. Dont get it unless you are 100% sure you will want this game.
Date published: 2011-08-08
Rated 4 out of
Xander The Ninja Poet from
Hmmm.....This is an okay game, but it has a few flaws, so how about I lay down the pros and cons list: The pros are that this game has great graphics for a DS game. It has an original story. It makes good use of the touch screen. And it's very challenging. The cons are that it's very difficult to move your starship any faster than a snail. And I forget which controls do what, from time to time. That usually results in trying to use the weak spin force from going in circles for five minutes to deflect an incoming photon torpedo. Which always fails. And despite this game having the word "tactical" in its title, every level has you fighting an enemy without giving you much choice in the matter. I recommend this game, only to the die-hard fans of Star Trek, who already own a DS. If you are a Trekkie planning to buy a DS for the sole purpose of buying this game, you will most likely feel let down. I'm not saying it's a terrible game-there's just a lot of better games out there. Live Long And Prosper.
Date published: 2010-05-22
Rated 5 out of
Best Star Trek Game Ever!--This is one of those hidden jewels that Nintendo and their publisher just really didn't advertise or push. Ok the best way I can explain this game is based on what you liked about Star Trek. Was it all that gobbledeegook about tachyon fields and warp fields damaging the time space continuum? Or did you like the space battles and the neat technology behind the ships? If it was the latter and you're more of a "person"(or alien) of action like most James T. Kirk fans then you'll love this game. You start off as either a low ranking Federation or Klingon officer and you work your way through 16 different adventures. Along the way you can unlock different ships which include Romulan, Orion, and Gorn(the lizard dudes) Ships. You can even duel your friends in space combat. It's a really fun game and not that pricey either. I thoroughly enjoyed it and wish it had more missions. I would definitely buy the next one in the series!