Be the playmaker in Madden NFL 16 with all-new controls that allow you to dominate in the battle for air supremacy. New QB mechanics including body-relative throws and touch passes provide unprecedented depth and control while under center. Combined with a new risk/reward catch and pass-defend system, get ready for the biggest WOW moments in franchise history.
It's #MaddenSeason! What else do you need to know? Well, here are ten very excellent reasons why you and all your friends should play Madden NFL 16!
#1: On Offense
Air Supremacy revolutionizes passing and catching on both sides of the ball with new user and AI mechanics. There is also a new multiplayer catch interaction system with more than 400 new two-player catch animations with a wide variety of outcomes.
#2: On Defense
Forget everything you remember about Pro-Tak. Madden NFL 16 delivers the most dramatic tackles in franchise history with a fully organic, physics-based gang tackling system. We now have fully-realized momentum-based organic interactions on tackles that support a limitless number of defenders attaching to the ball carrier.
#3: Beyond Broadcast
Madden NFL 16 is the second year the franchise has leveraged the experience of Brian Murray, former NFL Films Cinematographer, in presentation. This year, the team wanted to continue to push the envelope and go beyond what normal broadcasts are able to do.
#4: In The Franchise
Everything in Connected Franchise is done thinking about our players first, and all these new features came directly from community feedback and play-test sessions. We're committed to making an easy-to-use, deep Connected Franchise Mode that hits on all the features you crave.
#5: On Draft Day
Draft Champions adds to the Fantasy Football experience by paying off draft night immediately. As soon as the draft is over, players can take the new squad onto the field. It combines the best parts of Fantasy Football with an exciting Madden event that can be completed in an evening.
#6: Master Your Game
Returning to Madden NFL 16 is Skills Trainer, a mode that teaches players new game mechanics and basic Madden NFL skills. Madden NFL 16 builds on this foundation by bringing up the total content to more than 60 tutorials and drills, including a brand new set of tutorials.
#7: With Real Life Ratings
Check out all your favorite players and stay connected to the real-world NFL with the Madden Ratings Hub, updated throughout the 2015-16 NFL season. Check back all season long as more Madden 16 player ratings are added.
#8:With Your Ultimate Team
For the first time this year in Madden Ultimate Team (MUT), players will experience Ultimate Moments. These special Solo Challenges feature exciting, game-changing turning points taken from actual NFL game situations.
#9: Listen to EA Trax
Madden NFL 16 marks the return of the legendary EA Trax soundtrack, recognized as the industry's foremost music showcase. The Madden NFL 16 soundtrack features more than 30 tracks from artists you already know and love,
#10: The Most Realistic Madden Ever
Madden NFL 16 includes added logic for QBs, RBs, WRs and defenders so that each head and eye track (the ball and players around them) uniquely based on their position. This year, we made huge strides in pre, post and during play motion quality. When it comes to in-game animation quality improvements, the list is endless.
New to Madden
Battle for Air Supremacy
- Total Control Passing – Place the ball where only your receiver can get it with body-relative throws including high-point, low-point, and the ever popular touch pass. Become the ultimate dual-threat and terrorize defenses with new pressure avoidance and QB scramble controls.
- Receiver/Defender Controls – Dictate the outcome of each passing play while the ball is in the air for the first time ever in Madden. For receivers, go for the highlight reel with the ‘aggressive' catch or move the chains with the ‘possession' catch. On defense, disrupt the outcome of each play using the new ‘play ball' and ‘hit receiver' mechanics. Receivers and defenders deliver the most authentic exchanges to date with new press and zone-chuck interactions, contextual hand-fighting, and a variety of 2-man interactions at the catch point including pass interference penalties, tip balls, knock outs and simultaneous possession catches.
- Integrated Broadcast Graphics – Your playmaker highlight reel has arrived with new player spotlights, dynamic goals and achievements, and innovative on-the-field cameras bringing you closer to the game than ever before. Making plays has never been this much fun and rewarding!
A New Way To Play
- Draft Champions—Draft your fantasy team of NFL superstars and legends and prove your superiority in this new and fastpaced way to play Madden. Whether you're playing solo or head-to-head campaigns, every decision matters from the moment you're on the clock to the final play in your undefeated run. Once you've completed your campaign, implement your new strategy and begin your next Draft Championship.
- EA Trax – Celebrate your playmaker journey in style with the return of licensed music in Madden, complete with 30+ new tracks featured in-stadium and in menus.
- Connected Franchise – Whether playing solo or online with friends, your quest to build an NFL dynasty begins with Connected Franchise. Interact and build your team with more control with Game Prep. Want to develop your backup QB? Between matchups, spend extra time on him each week to earn training points without having to force him into the real games before he is ready. Build your teams' confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping player's confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP.
- Madden Ultimate Team – Build your ultimate team with your favorite NFL players from the past and present while dominating the opposition in head-to-head seasons, solo challenges, and more. Earn coins to buy packs through the online store, where you can trade and auction off items on the road to building the Ultimate Team. Engage with the NFL year round thanks to live content and service updates in the fastest growing mode in Madden.
- Skills Trainer – With 60+ tutorials and drills, Skills Trainer focuses on teaching the strategy behind different passing and run concepts, as well as how to play Madden for new users to the series. Fan favorite Gauntlet mode returns with all-new Boss Battles, Extra Life challenges, and opportunities to jump or fall levels in a single play.