Tomb Raider Underworld - Xbox 360
Product Replacement Plan
FeaturesIn an ancient ruin on the floor of the Mediterranean Sea, Lara Croft uncovers proof of the Norse underworld and the mythical hammer. As she attempts to unravel the secrets behind these myths, Lara's perilous journey leads her toward a forgotten power that, if unleashed, could lay waste to all civilization.
EXCLUSIVE Wii FEATURES
- Built specifically for the Wii: Level design and environmental challenges are designed to take advantage of the unique capabilities of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
- Exclusive Multi-Tool: Excavate hidden secrets with this modernized and expanded tool kit that includes:
- Compressed Air Gun: A high-powered instrument used to clear away dirt or silt.
- Acetylene Torch: An advanced, multipurpose torch used to weld metal objects, set fire to objects, and melt ice.
- Chisel: Pry apart objects or chip away sediment in order to discover hidden secrets.
- Pliers: Extract elements from ancient devices.
- Exclusive Active Aim Combat System: The combat system has been enhanced for more fluid character control and more precise aiming with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
- Expanded Camera Control: Take more control of the camera using the Wii Remote. If the Wii Remote is not pointed at the screen, the camera will follow Lara automatically. If it is pointed at the screen, the game will enter a “free look” mode.
- Master your surroundings: Reach new heights with the broadest range of acrobatic abilities and utilize objects within the environment to uncover new paths to explore.
- Explore epic and unknown worlds: Discover ancient mysteries of the underworld hidden within the coast of Thailand, frozen islands of the Arctic Sea, the jungles of Mexico, and more.
- Treacherous and unpredictable challenges: Each level is an elaborate multi-stage puzzle masked within an interactive environmental playground offering more flexibility over how the area is solved.
- New state-of-the-art gear: Utilize the latest technology in Lara's upgraded inventory to navigate the world including:
- Multi-purpose grapple: A claw-like device with a high-tension cable designed for climbing, rappelling, performing wall runs and manipulating objects within the environment.
- All-terrain hybrid motorbike: A unique vehicle design built to drive on everything from mud to snow and ice.
Designed specifically to take advantage of the latest technologies Tomb Raider: Underworld represents a new advancement in exploration-based gameplay. As fearless adventurer Lara Croft explore exotic locations around the world, each designed with an incredible attention to detail resulting in breathtaking high-definition visual fidelity that creates a truly believable world and delivers a new level of challenge and choice.
|Only at GameStop||No|
|Brand Name||Eidos Interactive|
|Developer Name||Eidos Interactive|
|Only at GameStop||No|
|Brand Name||Eidos Interactive|
|Developer Name||Eidos Interactive|
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this product?
Share your thought with the community
Top Customer Reviews
I have played all the Tomb Raider games, and I was expecting an outstanding game in Underworld, and although I did enjoy it, if fell a bit short in some places. First of all the graphics and controls are great, along with the story line, it's all good. The camera angles are annoying, not being able to see where you are jumping to really starts to anger a person. The thing that really bothered me was how short this game is. 14 hours is how long it took me to beat this game, I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I like a game that takes a while to complete, and I was looking forward to a boss fight at the end at least, but I didn't get one. This game lacked enemies, I know Lara is a Tomb Raider, and that is the point of it, but previous TR games have featured many more enemies, and boss fights, so this was a big disappoinment. All in all I did enjoy the game, it was good to play,and I don't regret buying it, I just regret beating it so quickly.
This game is great. The only problem I had with this game is the length. I finished it in about 24 hours. Which isn't very long . But otherwise, I recommend this game to anyone who likes this genre. The graphics are quite amazing especially in the Thailand and the Andaman Sea levels. This game is so much less linear than the other Tomb Raider games. Although this game is still linear. The game is quite challenging for people who are new to the series. Which is not me because I have played them all. But then again I had to use the strategy Guide to get through this game. So it was pretty tough on the parts where I didn't choose to use it. The sound/music is one of the best soundtracks in the entire game. It has that feeling of "what's going to happen next?" And I absolutely loved that feeling. The Mediterranean Sea was one of my favorites. This level had so much feeling of journey and exploration of tombs. And then later on in the level ow she was on Amanda's ship was one of the best parts of the game. I got the feeling of being in an Urban environment this was actually quite a nice change from before. Thailand was also a great level. It was a beautiful lush green jungle and then later on in the level how it went down into the area with the note left by Richard. Croft Manor was okay. The only reason for that is because it was so short. Also, I wanted to explore all of the Manor like we did in the previous games. Otherwise, this level was pretty good too. Mexico was great. It was very long and spread out with lots of space and area.the tombs were cool and the puzzles were fun. Jan Mayen Island was my least favorite level in the game. To me it was just very repetitive and boring. That's all I have to say about that level. Andaman Sea was the best level in the entire game. Sending people flying out into the Sea. The only problem is that it was so freaking short! The ending cutscene at the end of the level was just totally epic. Amazing! Arctic Sea was a pretty good level. The ending with destroying the buttresses was very cool. The ending was very sad but I think Tomb Raider is never really about happy so if that's what they wanted then that's what they wanted. All in all this game deserves a 9.5/10. The problem once again is that it is so short. This is my favorite video game currently. I hope Crystal Dynamics can make something as good as this again.
Alright, This game will amaze you in every way i can think of, i bought this game Friday, not bad for its descent price and very worth it. The game has amazing looks and lara is better and a lot cooler then the past games. In my opinion i like this better than TRL, who wouldnt right? The game has lots of places to explore and may get lost of where to go but I'm sure you will find out, and unbeliveable graphics in some places are just jaw dropping , because mine did in almost every level of the heights and scenery is just gorgous. You will not be dissapointed beside the horrible camera angle thats in the game but thats overlooked since its an amazing game. Somewhat short game but not too short where you will not get bored, the treasures who are hidden somewhat good and some are in your line of sight, in my opinion theres too much of them in the game thats just not needed but the game is very well made beside the bugs like once your running in a corner you get stuck and you start to twitch, weird, but overall Buy THIS GAME!
This game is great and like all other Tomb Raider games it takes you all over the world with a very compelling story line to boot. Lara in search of her mother following her fathers work has her to search for the mythological weapon Thor's Hammer, which might be as good or better than the last weapon she found, Excalibur. This game has a lot great cut scenes and lots of extras if your willing to work hard for it or if you just want to take your time and play it out on easy. I really enjoyed the stages where you get to ride on her motorcycle and even though it was required to help you reach certain places it did not take the fun out of it at all. Again I say this game is great and the best feature of this game would have to be the hint system you can find on the items menu. Now anyone can continue to play without having to stop and look online as to where to go because you can get help direct from the game itself! Also Lara Croft has never looked any Better! Great Game 9/10! Also for those who like a challenge, I read online somewhere that there's a secret ending if you play it on the hardest difficulty. Definitely something for everyone.
I had heard good things and bad things about this game long before I bought it. But no matter what I heard, I knew I was gonna buy it. First the graphics and especially lara look fantastic, a true next gen game. The underwater levels were beautiful and just watching the surface of the water was amazing. Gameplay was good, but I would enjoy a tomb raider game with less gunplay and more exploration. The bike levels were done better than previous games, but I would prefer if they were not included at all. Handling felt sluggish and late and I was finding myself constantly having to reverse and turn around or back up because I ran into a wall or some trees. The storyline is forgettable, which isn't a problem because the gameplay is so good, but I really liked the story for legend and I would have loved to have a bit more in the storytelling process. Overall I would definitely advise anyone that loves action/adventure games to buy this or even rent it for a weekend, I'm sure the real tomb raider fans already have.