Silent Hill Downpour - Xbox 360
Product Replacement Plan
- All new and updated Silent Hill experience that visually stands on its own with the current competition. Utilizing Unreal 3 technology, the game brings the town of Silent Hill, its characters, the creatures and the alternate hell world into vivid and spectacular display.
- Free-roaming and deep exploration that will take players into all-new ‘Side Quests' unlocking areas within the game, special items and bonus content.
- An ever-changing game world including day and night ‘Normal' world and ‘Otherworld' world, all manifested and sourced from character actions throughout the game.
- First-time ever 3D technology will bring Silent Hill a step closer to the player with three-dimensional immersion.
- Renowned story and music talent attached to the game including:
- Silent Hill comic writer, Tom Waltz
- Original music directed and composed by renowned composer, Dan Licht, of the Showtime series, Dexter.
- Theme song performed by hard-rock multiplatinum group, Korn.
Murphy Pendleton makes his way into the sleepy town of Silent Hill where mysterious locals welcome him into a slowly developing personal hell.
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this product?
Share your thought with the community
Top Customer Reviews
I wasn't sure that this game was compatible with the One X, but after noting to the salesman that I saw it played on YouTube on an Xbox One, he said if it works with the One, it should work with all of the series. That said, definitely a creepy game, as I would expect of Silent Hill (love the movies, but then they're based on the games). There are some things I haven't figured out yet, like how to bring up the map at any other time than when you find something to add to the journal. Graphics are pretty good given its age (2012).
Mainly I play the series titles for the puzzles and I like to see how developers use the Silent Hill backstory to create an original entry. I consider the Silent Hill backdrop to be quintessential to any nightmarish type of gameplay: a mysterious scenario, singular but powerful protagonist motivation, many harrowing invisible threats that can only be run or hidden from (survival), and oft-times zany, outrageous, and mostly impossible environments. Technically speaking though, videos games have lost the intense dark nature they originally portrayed in the early 90's. I blame this on advancements in graphics and more mainstream attention. There will never be another game as satisfying as the original Silent Hill with current gen tech because it would be far too revolting, and a remake might take away from the "video-gameness" that rough pixilation gave it.
While this game is getting bad reviews from IGN and other places...even other Silent Hill Fans are complaining....But why ? Yeh, sure.. the game needs a little more polish and starts out kinda slow, it gets better, a i'm not just sayin' this either! The gameplay is solid, the soundtrack is so good that I even downloaded one of the songs to my Ipod...! Oh...and it has a great story! Now, the choices in the game are very generic though,as it doesn't change anything except the ending, but it doesn't mean that the game should be bashed on because of a few small reasons to replay...like if you play through it three times like me it's nice to see a new ending and get some gamerscore,lol ! Give it a CHANCE !
- Lasting Appeal
When I first started playing Silent Hill Downpour,I expected the rock group Korn to be playing the theme song, but they didn't. Maybe the song will be at the ending credits, I don't know? But I really like the way hte game is presented, & how it plays. It didn't take me long to get used to the controls at all. Other players of the game have complained that the game lags a lot, but that's due to the autosave feature, no big deal to me. The thing I hate is when I encounter that entity that wants to suck Murphy dry, I've never seen anything like that in a game before. But for the most part, despite the game lagging when it autosaves, it's a gem, so GO BUY IT!!!
- Lasting Appeal
It may not have much monsters but I enjoyed the side quest lots of mysteries.The plot is pretty awesome.Hope when u buy this u have fun with it
- Lasting Appeal