I've been using Your Shape Fitness Evolved for a couple of months now and I find that the game is frustrating to use, boring to play, and lacking many features in EA Sports Active 2. Your Shape requires you to do every exercise in precise rhythm with your trainer and often doesn't give you any credit even when you are completing the move. At times it is impossible to stay in rhythm because the exercise requires your head to be looking away from the screen. The Zen Yoga exercises do not work at all. The light stepping game refuses to recognize when I step forward. EA Sports Active is completely different. After the automatic updates from EA I've rarely had trouble with EA Sports Active 2 tracking me or recognizing my motions with Kinect.
Here's a quick rundown of features that Your Shape Fitness Evolved is missing compared to EA Sports Active 2:
- No floor exercises like crunches and push-ups
- No heart rate tracking that pushes you to work harder
- No 2-player mode to workout with a partner
- No stretches before and after each exercise
- No custom workouts that you create and save
- No nutritional recommendations
- No voice control to quickly navigate menus or to pause a workout
- No calendar for scheduling workouts & establishing rest days
- No custom music option that allows you to workout to your favorite songs
- No resistance bands so you get more results out of each exercise
- No workout games integrated into your personal training routine
Your Shape's stat tracking just gives you calories burned daily or total. The online stat tracking in EAS Active 2 is far more extensive than Your Shape. Active 2 tells you the amount of calories and your heart rate during each exercise you've completed. It tells your max heart rate and avg. heart rate as well as the distance of miles run, the duration of your workouts, and so much more.
No: I don’t recommend this product