Co-written by Zak Penn, the screenwriter of movies X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand, and legendary comic book writer Chris Claremont, X-Men: The Official Movie Game immerses players in an original storyline that provides the back-story for the upcoming X-Men: The Last Stand feature film. For the first time ever, the game enables players to truly command the powers of popular characters from the X-Men movie universe by allowing players to assume the roles of Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Iceman as they wield and upgrade their signature powers and maneuver through unique environments designed to showcase their Super Hero abilities. Assisted by other X-Men characters, players will use an advanced control scheme to master and control the characters like never before as they unleash Wolverine's combat rage, experience Nightcrawler's acrobatics and teleportation powers, and glide through the air on Iceman's ice slide.
More DetailsLess Details
* Become three legendary heroes — Players will immerse themselves in the signature powers of their favorite X-Men heroes -- hack and slash with Wolverine's brute strength to decimate foes; as Nightcrawler, players will scale walls, spin and BAMF through environments to stay one step ahead of enemies; and experience incredible speed on Iceman's ice slide while shooting ice beams and creating hailstorms to freeze the opposition. For even more power, players can utilize fury and adrenaline modes to launch devastating attacks.
* Experience events leading up to the X-Men: The Last Stand feature film and play beyond – Players will experience epic Super Hero action as the game explains Nightcrawler's mysterious absence from the movie, and in-game events foreshadow the roles of the X-Men and Brotherhood in the film. The game's climactic ending sets the stage for the movie with intersecting characters and storylines intersecting.
* Become a part of the X-Men movie universe — Embark on aglobe-spanning conflict that delivers every element of the X-men universe—from costumes and enemies to the voice of Patrick Stewart. Explore Alkali Lake, the Statue of Liberty, Dark Cerebro and more.
* Battle fierce enemies, join forces with X-Men comrades — Face off against villains from both the movie and beyond as favorite X-Men allies join forces with the player in gameplay that includes melee fighting, stealth-style action and time-based missions.
* Experience gameplay environments specifically designed to showcase each character's Super Hero abilities – Uniquely engineered environments empower players to use different gameplay strategies as they harness their Super Hero powers and defeat enemies. Players will have ultimate control over their heroes as they improve their superpowers over time through the Mutant Evolution System.
* Game console features and exclusives – Experience the X-Men universe in amazing HD on the Xbox® 360 version of the game.
X-Men The Official Game is rated
3.9 out of
Rated 4 out of
Cookie cutter X-menIt's X-Men cliche'... Nothing Wrong but Nothing Special. Good AI and fighting interface.
Date published: 2020-04-01
Rated 4 out of
It's ok.It's ok I like xmen but I wish I could play more if the characters.
Date published: 2019-04-10
Rated 4 out of
A great game if all the levels were Nightcrawler!I played this game when it originally came out and I loved it. Well, most of it. I have been a huge X-Men fan all my life and my favorite mutant has always been Nightcrawler. When I played as him in this game, it was an amazing experience. I loved every second of his levels. But, he was the only positive in this game. I dreaded every Iceman mission and the Wolverine ones were very repetitive, but not entirely boring. The graphics on the XBox don't look like they belong on a next gen system, but graphics aren't everything. I wish the game had more Nightcrawler missions than it did, but the ones that were there made me feel happy playing them. This game is only worth a rent though, since it is a very short game.
Date published: 2011-07-28
Rated 4 out of
good game by marvelfirst off the graphics could be a little better but overall there good i got this about a week ago and its good but a little hard for my five year old brother. the game is good thats all i have to say.
Date published: 2011-06-24
Rated 1 out of
Wow, A game based on a movie, What a good concept!I bought this game used for $****. I got ripped off. First of all, I am a fan of the superhero genre of video games and this was my worst experience on xbox360. The camera is awful at times. There were several occasions where I died because I couldn't see where I was going or what I was doing. The idea of being able to upgrade your characters abilities is something we have seen in many games nowadays, but I don't think it works with the xmen in this game. I beat the enemies just as easily when I didn't have my abilities maxed. So what's the point? The graphics are quite poor compared to games that came out at the same time. Playing as iceman and nightcrawler are fun, but because the controls are qlitchy at times it is frustrating. You go to do one thing and do something completely different.
Date published: 2008-08-24
Rated 3 out of
Iceman and Nightcrawler = Decent/fun respectively. Wolverine? Boring, boring, boring.Another blockbuster movie tie-in game. X-Men the Official Game can be fun in small doses...that is if you're playing as either Iceman or Nightcrawler. The 3 X-Men you play with all play very different from one another and that's definitely a positive as all 3 ARE uniquely different. Let's start with the good, Nightcrawler. His levels are without a doubt the most fun as you can "bamff" (teleport) to just about anywhere and get the drop on enemies. I think that Z-Axis has captured the spirit of this character better than anyone else. His portions are, once again, the highlight of the game. Now on to the decent, Iceman. Iceman's levels are more like flight levels but instead of flying your forever on your "Ice bridge/slide". It sort of reminds me of Panzer Dragoon. What I hated about Iceman's levels is that all of them are timed. I REALLY HATE THAT. Other than that it's just get to your targets and shoot most of the time. Now on to the TERRIBLE, Wolverine. Wolverine's levels are just downright BORING. ALL you do in his levels is beat generic bad guy #1 until you get to generic bad guy #500. That's ALL you do in his levels. Now it wouldn't be so bad if you had a good amount of combos to dish out punishment, but all you get is about 3-4 combos TOPS. It's just so mind numbingly boring playing as Wolverine. It also doesn't help that Wolverine takes up a HUGE portion of the game, I would say about 65%-70% of the entire game are Wolverine levels. This game is for DIE HARD FANS ONLY.