Acclaimed game creator Michel Ancel and the Montpellier studio collaborate with triple Academy Award-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson and visual-effects company Weta Ltd. to develop Peter Jackson's King Kong, a video game that will capture the imagination, vision and emotion of the epic film. Delve deeper into the film experience through alternative viewpoints designed to immerse the player into the action and truly feel the tension of the adventure.
* Unprecedented Alternating Gameplay: Battle for survival on Skull Island in first-person as Jack Driscoll AND experience the staggering power of King Kong in third-person taking on massive beasts.
* Cinematic Quality: By integrating Weta assets directly into the game engine, and taking a true cinematic approach, from both a visual and audio perspective, players are thrust directly onto the Skull Island where the dark jungles, over-sized environment and lurking danger become reality.
* Cooperate with Your Expedition Team: Each team member plays a crucial role and complements each other with valuable skills and abilities. The player relies on them and vice-versa to succeed. The unique resource management system keeps the action seamless and plausible while keeping items, weapons and assets readily available.
* The Power of King Kong: King Kong is one of the most powerful of all the creatures on Skull Island and players will learn first-hand what it means to be feared, respected and dominant. Kong will use both his agility and his raw, brute strength by any means necessary to battle enemies and navigate though the perils of Skull Island.
* Experience All Key Movie Moments and More: Journey through the explosive action of all the key movie moments, as Jack and Kong, and even explore the beautifully-rendered mysterious jungle environments not seen in the film.
* Engage in Climactic Battles: Intense and unbelievable battles with all creatures featured in the film challenge players' nerves and skills in fighting the savage beasts created by Weta – some of which are exclusive to the game.
* Film Cast Likeness and Voice: Full immersion into the dynamic King Kong universe realized via inclusion of film cast member's likenesses and voice-over.
Sure current Windows PC’s may treat the PC version like a virus by making it brick your computer but the Xbox 360 version (especially utilized on an Xbox One X) is just nostalgic for anyone that grew up with the game or had played the game for any of the different platforms. (PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PC, GameCube, Or GBA)
Classic. First game i played when 360 came out and it was on the display at the store. Loved playing as kong. Only thing that bothered me is my store didn't have the case for it but that's unrelated to the game itself
King kong the game of the movie does an admiral job of creating a licensed game of a flim. However, that doesn't save it from predictable linearity.The graphics were impressive in 2005 and are not bad now in 2013. The survival elements are short and not fleshed out since there are about forty two chapters and each of them are short and action based. Took me roughly a day and three quarters of a day to beat. All in all I'd say keep in mind do you really want to spend $9.99 on a game from 2005 that you could likely beat in a day and that doesn't hold any replay value or fun. Or would you rather find a game that is fun to play and costs $9.99 and could give you a weeks worth of fun. I'd suggest thinking how much you like King Kong the flim and having your fond memories dampened by a short and tedious licensed game.
As I had this for P.S.2 it was a fantastic game for me to play. My brother would always have to take that game out and put a different in. I couldn't keep my eyes away from it, the game was so addictive to me. Just me. My brother would always say " Hey, look at this " and I said " Just a moment", but I never did. I would buy this game because it was the best. Hope this would persuade you to buy this.
i love the way you use your environment to your advantage you can bern your foes and you are the kong it has epic boss fights in all it is a amazing game full of mystery tarrer and action if you wont to see a good walk threw go to lets play king kong mst3kforever at youtube
This is a great game, being that it was a movie title. If you're one of those people who like to get achievements, I would definitely recommend this game to you. And it's not bad either! It's a first person game, you get to play as both Jack and King Kong. It's roughly around 4-5 hours of gameplay and you could easily get 1000G for just beating the game.