Major League Baseball® 2K6, the only MLB® game available on every major console, brings you the definitive baseball simulation. With a truly immersive pitcher-batter showdown featuring the most accurate pitching and batting A.I. ever created, Major League Baseball 2K6 delivers the true Big League experience like never before.
More DetailsLess Details
* World Baseball Classic™ Mode – The epic new international baseball tournament is exclusively captured – all sixteen teams, logos, and uniforms, as well as the authentic all-world tourney structure.
* MLB® Perfection – Experience Major League Baseball® in its purest form, as next generation graphics create true-to-life player models, breathtaking diamond details, and stunningly accurate stadium accurate.
* Inside Edge™ - Three years of actual scouting reports and analysis literally built into every player, every pitch, and every swing of the bat.
* Swing Stick™ - Analog stick batting brings baseball video games to a new level. Control power swings, check swing and bunts all through simple and intuitive analog controls.
* Pure Motion Physics – An all-new physics engine brings running, throwing, fielding, tag outs, and player-to-player collision animations to life with more detail and variation than ever before.
* V.I.P. (Virtual Identity Profile) – The popular 2K Sports exclusive feature is now available in our MLB franchise! Save your friends' profiles to compete when they're not available! Learn their tendencies, moves, & logic for more heated battles. Get the upper hand in online tournaments by downloading other players' VIP profiles.
* Player Morale System – Successful team decisions and well-balanced team brings optimal performance to the field and the plate. Your team's morale now hinges on every franchise move you make at any time in the year.
Major League Baseball 2K6 is rated
3.1 out of
Rated 1 out of
Game doesn’t even workMust have bought a bunk disc, because every time I tried to play it, the game just freezes. During my last visit, I was going to buy another game as well, but upon inspection it was found to be too scratched up to even sell.
Date published: 2018-07-08
Rated 4 out of
Fun and entertainingMLB 2K6 is a really entertaining and fun game to play, cause there's so much to do. In Franchise mode, you can not only assume the role of team manager, but also live the life of one. You can visit the "skybox", which is like this team clubhouse, there's an arcade, trophy room, and a plasma TV, the ultimate virtual hangout. With the other game modes, you can play in the MLB All-Star Game or the Home Run Derby. A small lack of realism is what I don't find appealing about the game. While playing, if your in the right place at the right time, you can jump over walls and rob the other team of a home run. Now that is pretty fun, except I've never seen that in real life. But overall, the game is still a lot of fun.
Date published: 2013-01-08
Rated 5 out of
LOVEI love the 2k series, no matter if its baseball, basketball anything. I love this game!
Date published: 2011-05-11
Rated 4 out of
Not out of the park, but still a good gameBefore my friends or I had XBox's or Wii's, we would play the GameCube. I would go over my friends house and play MLB 2K6 for GameCube, and we would have a blast. That was back in 2006, and now it is 2011 (about 5 years later). I am going to get MLB 2K11, but for now me and my friend decided to visit an older MLB game for a cheap price. Well we searched this website, and eventually found MLB 2k6 for XBox 360. To prepare ourselves for 2K11, we picked this up for 2.99. The game plays good. Batting is hard, but I switched the controls to bat with the A button and it works fine. Pitching works very well too. There are a good amount of modes from exhibition, season, franchise, creat a player, home run derby, online, and more. There is rarely anyone online, so if you pick this game up, try to get a friend to buy it with you so you can battle him on live. PROS: Gameplay is good, good amount of modes for a 2006 game, simple and cheap fun. CONS: Some unrealistic actions, you have to swing VERY early to hit the ball. CONCLUSION: This is a very good game of baseball. For only being $2.99, it is a very good way to prepare for MLB 2K11.
Date published: 2011-02-02
Rated 2 out of
its lamei just bought the game and played for about 1 1/2 with my friend and couldn't stand it i played about a game and a half and the got so annoyed and bored with the controls they switch camera angles and to different players so suddenly it glitched up all the time over all with a little practice could be fun but i dint have 2 days to "perfect" my skills and iam mostly judging this game to games ive played recently and a few other sports games in ive played in my time.i like sports games and action games and this is by far the worst base ball game yet... now i am going to go buy the latest madden game because i have played some football games and i seriously recommend any madden or "blitz" game evan the old school "blitz" for the n64 it had better game play and graphics. trust me i just pulled out my n64 to play it and turned on a game of "blitz 2000"