Standing before the majesty and bitter isolation of the Wall or walking through the streets and alleys of King's Landing, players will not simply pass by locations and characters integral to the series; they will explore and interact with them, meeting and learning about the people and history that defines them and their importance. Key decisions and major events will have meaningful impact on Westeros, allowing the player to witness how the game world evolves over time based on their actions or inactions.
Moreover, Game of Thrones introduces an innovative “active slowdown tactical combat engine” in which combat mirrors the series' thoughtful approach to war and politics: fighting slows but never stops entirely, forcing the player to make quick, pressured choices before their enemy strikes again. In this way, combat mirrors the series' thoughtful approach to war and politics. In early 2012, with this epic new Game of Thrones game, fans will have a chance to not simply read or watch the story, but to take an active role in the riveting drama as it unfolds.
With an original story written under the supervision of George R. R. Martin, filled with characters and locations straight from the pages of the beloved fantasy saga—including the likenesses of stars from the cast of the hit HBO TV adaptation, Game of Thrones promises to deliver the ultimate interactive RPG experience for fans of its gritty, sophisticated medieval fantasy.
- BECOME A PART OF THE GAME OF THRONES SAGA
- Play as multiple characters, embark on numerous quests, and make key decisions that have meaningful impact on Westeros in this 30-plus hour action RPG epic!
- AN EXCLUSIVE NEW ADVENTURE DRIPPING WITH AUTHENTICITY
- For fans hungry for more Game of Thrones content, the game's story—available nowhere else— opens up another part of George R. R. Martin's enthralling world, putting players in the shoes of two former soldiers of Robert's Rebellion who have made choices that led them in different directions. Now, despite divergent goals, they must come together to deal with common enemies, surviving countless battles and foiling the plot that threatens the kingdom.
- FEEL TIME SLOW IN THE HEAT OF BATTLE
- Combat mirrors the series' thoughtful approach to war and politics: fighting slows but never stops entirely, forcing the player to make quick, pressured choices before their enemy strikes again.