The East, now known as the Atlantic Alliance, symbolic of their union with Europe, puts its faith in surviving this new world in cybernetics, an established yet evolving technology now more than 150 years old. On the other side of the flooded continent, the Western states, now called the Republic of Pacifica and having allied with Asia, resort to solving their problems at the genetic level, effectively restructuring the DNA of its inhabitants – a method the Atlantic Alliance finds morally reprehensible.
By 2161, it only takes a hint of unauthorized military preparation in Pacifica for the newly restored president to order a strike in the heart of Pacifican territory - an outpost in the now dry San Francisco Bay. This strike leads to the unthinkable: an epic conflict with global implications fought on U.S. soil. As a soldier in this struggle, Mason Briggs uses explosive, terrain-deforming weaponry to change the face of battle: He not only destroys the land in his path, he outright transforms it to gain the strategic advantage in completely unscripted ways no game has ever seen. With such a devastating arsenal at hand, Briggs never leaves any battlefield the way he found it.
In addition to extraordinary weaponry that allows players to do things previously only imagined, each side of the conflict, Pacifica and the Atlantic Alliance, boast soldiers with powers beyond those of ordinary men. Genetic augmentations provide Pacifican forces with amazing abilities, while Atlantic Alliance soldiers like Briggs counter the threat with the more traditional method: cybernetics. The differing states of superhumanity result in balanced yet stylistically different combat tactics that have never been seen before.
- Truly next-generation gameplay – Groundbreaking terrain deformation allows players to reshape the battlefield on the fly with futuristic weaponry of the year 2161, allowing for unprecedented power, freedom and control.
- All new story and characters from the company that brought you Star Wars and Indiana Jones, as well as Mercenaries and Thrillville – Players assume the role of Mason Briggs, a demolitions expert in the mighty Atlantic Alliance army and the next great action hero.
- Plausible future conflict – As stem cell research continues to proliferate and spirals out of control, ideological differences over genetic enhancement place the player at the threshold of an epic battle of tomorrow between genetics vs. cybernetics as two powerful armies, with vastly differing tactics and advantages, square off. The battlefield will change forever.
- Reshape the battlefield with terrain shattering weapons: Experience a dynamic battlefield that is unique every time you play. Use never-before-seen weapons to fracture, crater, freeze or elevate the earth. Unleash a subterranean torpedo toward your enemy and literally blast the Earth from beneath his feet. For the first time, players can mold a war zone to your advantage to push the attack or mount a defense.
- Experience a story of betrayal and revenge: Follow the journey of a patriotic Atlantic Alliance soldier when an act of treason launches him into the lethal battlefield of the 22nd century, as forces wage a battle of genetics vs. cybernetics. In a war that divides loyalties and tests the bonds of a country and family, this soldier's discoveries will ultimately decide the fate of North America and perhaps, the world.
- Multi-player & co-operative play allows the terrain deforming battles to rage one: Choose the side of the genetically enhanced Pacificans or the cybernetically powerful Atlantic Alliance, then jump online and exploit your chosen side's advantages as Terrain Deformation and Genetic vs. Cybernetic elements allow for endless hours of fun with friends online.
- Fight for control of familiar locations and landmarks: The last World Wars were fought in Europe, but the next great global war will be fought on American soil. Battle in famous locations across the United States. Defend the Atlantic Alliance in Washington, D.C., fight the decisive battle for control of Pacifica in the basin of the now-empty San Francisco Bay and uncover the secret that will determine the world's fate in the Southwestern Desert.