Experience the famous battles of WWII through the eyes of a squadron leader and ace fighter pilot.
Experience the greatest air battles of World War II in famous locations from across the globe. Whether it's the Battle of Britain, the attack of Pearl Harbor or the fierce fighting for the desserts of North Africa, the player and his squadron of Blazing Angels will be tasked with turning the tide of war. Command three separate AI-wingmen and make use of each ones special abilities to both attack and defend their squadron leader. During the course of the twenty mission campaign, the pilot will be accompanied by his squadron and they will grow together as an ace fighting force through the entire length of WWII. Fly in close to Germany's industrial terrain for a bombing raid, strafe the islands of the pacific, or emerge from the cloud cover over London and engage the enemy. The environment is so real you'll feel like you're the pilot in a famous WWII movie. • WWII's most epic and famous air battles. Experience the greatest air battles of World War II in famous locations from across the globe. Whether it's the invasion of the Philippines, the fierce fighting for the desserts of North Africa, or the battle of Britain, the player and his squadron will be tasked with turning the tide of war.
• Innovative squadron-based gameplay. AI-controlled wingmen will obey player commands. As the pilot's skills improve, so will the skills of his squadron. The pilot's heroism and leadership will grow during the course of the campaign as players fly with their squadron and evolve together into an ace fighting force.
• A large variety of realistic-looking WWII aircraft. Pilot 40 authentic WWII aircraft including the famous P-51 Mustang, the P-38 Lightning, the B-17 Flying Fortress, the Luftwaffe's Messerschmitt, the Spitfire of Britain and the Japanese Zero. From the wing rivets, to the nose art, to the detailed cockpits, these planes are just like the real thing.
• Twenty heart-stopping missions in a compelling storyline. Pilots will begin as untrained recruits and evolve through battle experience into ace combat pilots. WWII missions will take place around the globe in places like England, Germany, France, Morocco, Midway and Okinawa.
• Authentic WWII atmosphere. Fly in close to Germany's industrial terrain for a bombing raid, strafe the islands of the pacific, or emerge from the cloud cover over London and engage the enemy. The environment looks so real you'll feel like you're the pilot in a famous WWII movie.
• Planes are easy to handle and fun to fly. No need to attend the Air Force Academy to pilot these planes; players can jump right into air combat action.
• Xbox Live™ for up to 20 players online. Engage in head-to-head dogfights or cooperative team play between squadrons on huge maps with large formations.
Blazing Angels is a fun arcade WWII fighter plane game. Blazing Angels is no masterpiece, but when played online or with a friend, the game really is a fun ride. If you're a fan of arcade flying games then you should at least try this one out.
Ok just to say the only thing you do is fly and shoot. Gets boring in 5 min. trust me.(i actually have it for ps3) Nobody is ever online on this game...i see why??You cant ever land(only in various places)AND BTW every time I take it out of the ps3 it says this disk is dirty or scratched..ITS BRAND NEW.It was a gift BTW.
Come on people, what do you expect for less then ten dolors. If you just want a basic dogfight game for a little cash, go for it, but if you want the best dogfight game available for the Xbox 360, for 40 bucks, get top gun hard lock. Seriously, that's the best
This is a good "flight simulator" I bought this, beat it, then told my friends and they said to get over G, so I did and compared them and this in many ways is hands down better than over G.Trade over G for the 1 dollar it's worth and get this!
I love the flying games; but the 2 Blazing Angels games were opposite all of the other flying games out there with the default controls - to start. I never was able to navigate a few tasks that were required due to the touchy controls and after attempting to play several different times, gave it up and traded in the games. If I thought they were worth retaining (like my Ace Combats on PS 2 w/flight sticks) then I would have kept these as well. For your money i might suggest the IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey game as a better alternative for your purchase.