About Batman Arkham Asylum:
Batman: Arkham Asylum returns with a GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION that includes extra content and now, for the first time, Trioviz 3D vision on home consoles. Batman: Arkham Asylum launched to critical acclaim in summer 2009 and has often been referred to as the best licensed game ever' and a must buy' on gaming websites and magazines. It's been praised for delivering a compelling mix of action, stealth and puzzle-solving gameplay tied with a dark, original storyline penned by five-time Emmy award-winner Paul Dini and supported by a famous cast of voice actors, including Mark Hamill as The Joker and Kevin Conroy as Batman.
- Four additional Challenge Maps offering new combat and Invisible Predator™ scenarios set in different locations, including: Scarecrow Nightmare Challenge Map Crime Alley Challenge Map Totally Insane Challenge Map Nocturnal Hunter Challenge Map
ORIGINAL GAME FEATURES
- Utilize the unique FreeFlow™ combat system to chain together unlimited combos seamlessly and battle with huge groups of The Joker's henchmen in brutal melees.
- Investigate as Batman, the world's greatest detective, by solving intricate puzzles with the help of cutting edge forensic tools.
- Face off against Gotham's greatest villains including The Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow and Killer Croc.
- Become the Invisible Predator™ with Batman's fear takedowns and unique vantage point system to move without being seen and hunt enemies.
- Explore every inch of Arkham Asylum and roam freely on the infamous island, presented for the first time ever in its gritty and realistic entirety.
- Use Batman's unique weapons—Batarangs, explosive gel aerosol, The Batclaw, sonar resonator and the line launcher.
About Batman Arkham City:
Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City - five times larger than the game world in Batman: Arkham Asylum - and the new maximum security home for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new, all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.
The Harley Quinn's Revenge mission sends players back into Arkham City to face their final challenge as they interchange between playing as both Batman and Robin. Gamers must utilize each of the characters' unique combat and investigative skills to uncover Harley's vengeful plan and shut the gates on the urban mega-prison forever. In addition to experiencing a new storyline, fans can explore new environments and face-off against Harley's all new gang of thugs.
The DLC included on disc includes the Catwoman Pack, Nightwing Bundle Pack, Robin Bundle Pack, Challenge Map Pack and Arkham City Skins Pack. All told, Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition packages new gameplay content, seven maps, three playable characters, and 12 skins beyond the original retail release:
- Maps: Wayne Manor, Main Hall, Freight Train, Black Mask, The Joker's Carnival, Iceberg Long, and Batcave
- Playable Characters: Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing
- Skins: 1970s Batsuit, Year One Batman, The Dark Knight Returns, Earth One Batman, Batman Beyond Batman, Animated Batman, Sinestro Corps Batman, Long Halloween Catwoman, Animated Catwoman, Animated Robin, Red Robin and Animated Nightwing