- Sci-Fi action/adventure combines aerial and on-foot combat for a totally unique third-person shooter experience
- Will's jetpack delives total freedom of movement allowing players to race against UFOs in high-speed chases and rain death from above onto unsuspecting otherworldly foes
- Speed and scale unmatched by any other action title: send Will zipping through tight corridors and then out into immense canyons and futuristic geoscapes
- Gravity-defying vertical combat system, where moving up is the only way to bring your enemies down
- Seemless transition between jetpack flight, ship-to-ship dog fighting and third-person shoot-‘em-up action all exists within the same level – not broken up into different “areas”
- Unique grip system that allows the players to scale walls by jumping from surface to surface and hijack UFO's while in mid-air
- Huge bosses that require fast reflexes and aerial barnstorming manoeuvres to defeat
- Developed by Airtight Studios, a new group featuring team members from the Crimson Skies series of video games
Dark Void is a sci-fi action-adventure game that combines an adrenaline-fuelled blend of aerial and ground-pounding combat. Set in a parallel universe called “The Void,” players take on the role of Will, a pilot dropped into incredible circumstances within the mysterious Void. This unlikely hero soon finds himself swept into a desperate struggle for survival, joining forces with a rebel human group called The Survivors. Trapped in the Void, these resistance fighters are battling to hold off a mysterious alien race that plans to threaten Earth.Dark Void's unique combination of jetpack-booster aerial dog fighting and third-person combat creates a thrilling new gameplay dynamic to the third-person shooter experience. Taking 3D action to a whole new level, Dark Void's unique vertical combat system allows players to dangle from thousand foot drops as they take cover and hurl enemies to their doom, bringing a whole new sense of tension and thrill to the player. Will is also equipped with a powerful rocket pack which allows for fierce in-air combat, hurtling through the Void at blistering speeds while shooting down anything that gets in his path.
|Only at GameStop||No|
|Only at GameStop||No|
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this product?
Share your thought with the community
Top Customer Reviews
Very cool FPS with a new twist...Refreshing in a time when FPS are mostly repitive wit ha constant, and produced more then any other genre of game. I personally am not a FPS addict, or even a abuser, but this game has made me a user...lol. You gotta love the flying around, manuevering with instant trick manuevering...very compelling game play with excellent graphic's, as well as a good story line making this an all around awesome kill, or be killed. Capcom has come along way from the days of old holding there own in the big boy world of PC gaming, campared to strict console produced games they started off with, and are basically known for. I would like to see more awesome shooter's like this. Thumbs Up Capcom, for a great game...keep them coming!
When I heard that the creators of Crimson Skies was back with another arcade flight sim, my heart skipped a beat. I was a huge fan of the game to say the least. So I rushed home, copy of Dark Void in hand, and loaded it into my pc all the while dreaming of the epic sky battles I would participate in with my jetpack. The game loaded successfully and disppointment soon replaced my enthusiasm. First of all, the start icon actually led me to an empty "windows" folder. In order to launch the game, I have to launch the install program. When I finally got the game launched I was disappointed to find that some aspects of game (such as catching your grip on a shaking ledge before you fall) require that you tap certain joystick keys. I fell to my death 5 times before I realized tapping the equivalent key bound to my Nostromo n52 game pad was pointless. Isn't that the point of porting a game to pc - understanding that you are dealing with individuals who may only use pc type gear like game pads? I mean other than the lousy start icon issue and the fact that I have to use an x-box-like joystick, this game is awesome!!!! The transition from running to flight is seemless. If not for the fact that I have to switch from my game pad to the joystick, this would be one of those ground breaking totally emersive games that people alluded to 10 years from now. Sadly, in it's current state, Dark Void will never reach the pinnacle of pc gaming greatness. Would I recommend this game? Absolutely without hesitation! However, the pc gamer purist should be warned - a game pad is not optional it is required!!!