The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - PlayStation 3
Product Replacement Plan
- Includes a remake of the classic title “Escape from Butcher Bay” visually re-mastered for next-gen systems
- Recognized as one of the best games of 2004
- Includes added content from the PC version
- Immersive new story campaign as a seamlessly integrated sequel to the Butcher Bay title
- Intuitive stealth system unique to the FPS genre
- Advanced melee combat & parrying system
- Brutal Stealth Mode Executions
- Engaging Multi-player
- Use of stealth & melee combat included
- Unique Multi-player game modes such as “Capture Riddick”
- Development done by Starbreeze Studios – the award winning developers of “Escape from Butcher Bay”.
With The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, players will not only be challenged to survive Butcher Bay, but will also engage in a new single-player experience and, for the first time in the Riddick universe, take action in intense multi-player combat. The game introduces the ominous Merc-ship Dark Athena, which sits silent like a marauding spider, awaiting helpless prey in the dark reaches of the galaxy. Players must face a large, bloodthirsty operation led by the dreaded Captain Revas and her slaves-turned-controllable combat drones, storm though death-defying events and fight fierce enemies in a battle of malice and gore.The newest title in the Riddick franchise, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena brings the hit action / stealth FPS to a new audience and a new generation of consoles. The action-packed game features an entirely new chapter in the Riddick Saga, and takes the player deeper into the universe of Universal Pictures' films The Chronicles of Riddick and cult classic Pitch Black, which first introduced Vin Diesel as enigmatic anti-hero Riddick.
In The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena the player takes the role of Riddick as he escapes Butcher Bay prison with the bounty hunter Johns. Their ship is captured by rogue mercenaries under the command of the nefarious Captain Revas. During his quest to escape the ship, Riddick learns terrible secrets about the Dark Athena. He is forced to face down the piratical mercs, and put an end to the vile plans of its evil captain.
Set before the events of both Universal Pictures' 2004 summer release, The Chronicles of Riddick, starring Vin Diesel, and the 2000 breakout hit Pitch Black, which first introduced Diesel as enigmatic anti-hero Riddick: the game tells the story of Riddick's dramatic escape from the previously inescapable triple max security slam Butcher Bay, home to the most violent prisoners in the universe. This classic title has been graphically re-mastered for next-gen systems and it's included free, along with the new “Assault on Dark Athena” campaign.
- DEATHMATCH (up to 12 players) - All against all. Weapons, ammo and power-ups are scattered around the levels. Some smaller levels do not have the most powerful weapons on them for balancing purposes. Ulaks are also not included. Supports up to 12 players. Some smaller maps support less than 12 players, ie 4-8.
- TEAM DEATHMATCH (up to 12 players) - As above, but the players are split up into red and blue teams. Supports up to 12 players, but some maps are for smaller teams, as with Deathmatch.
- CAPTURE THE FLAG (up to 12 players) - Red and Blue teams try to penetrate each others' base and take their flags. Weapons, ammo and power-ups are distributed similarly to Deathmatch, but with other CTF unique maps as well as some Deathmatch maps. Supports up to 12 players, but some maps are for smaller teams as with Deathmatch.
- BUTCHER BAY RIOT (12 players) - 12 players split up into teams of Guards, Prisoners and Mercenaries. There is one powercell in the level. Capture the powercell and return it to the capture point in the opposing teams base to win the round (match can be won with 3 or 5 rounds depending on settings). Players buy weapons before the round starts. Winning rewards them with more cash, as does killing the opposing players. All weapons can be purchased. All maps support 12 players.
- ARENA (up to 8 players) - Either 1 on 1 or teams of 2 on 2 (default setting is 2 vs 2 but can be changed in advanced options) . Winning team/individual stays on. Other teams watch as spectators. All weapons are in the player's inventory when the game is started. Supports up to 8 players.
- PITCH BLACK (up to 6 players) - Play as a Mercenary with up to 5 others and hunt down Riddick. When you kill Riddick you become him. All levels are sheathed in darkness, with only weapons and flashlights to see by. Riddick starts in the darkness, the Mercenaries start in a lit room containing shotguns, SMG's and Assault Rifles. Drop into the darkness to hunt down Riddick. Riddick is armed with the Ulaks and his unique nightvision/eyeshine. The more powerful the Mercenaries weapons are, the weaker the power of the flashlight is.
|Only at GameStop||No|
|Product Dimensions: (H x W x L)||0.40X3.53X4.40|
|Only at GameStop||No|
|Product Dimensions: (H x W x L)||0.40X3.53X4.40|
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this product?
Share your thought with the community
Top Customer Reviews
since I play the Escape From Butcher Bay for PC/Xbox(Original) I have to say, and may friends agreed with me, that this is the best movie-based game ever!! Even the AngryJoe say it!! go now buy and PLAY IT!!
- Lasting Appeal
i saw this game on a comecial and let me tell yah it caught my attention. Then a day later i bought it, and i was not disapointed. Not only does it come with dark athena but it also comes with escape from butcher bay. both of these campaines are solid and have lots of action. My favorite id escape form butcher bay. If you want my advice go buy this game. If you are on the fence about, it buy it. You are saving money because you are getting two games i one and it has multiplayer! Who the hell doesnt love that. The voice work is great but vins one liners can get pritty cheese, but there still freikin awsome anyway.But I have yet to play multiplayer so i dont know if thats good or not, but i bet its going to be a bloody good time like the campaines.
Seriously I kept telling myself I needed to take a break but this game was so fun I would just keep playing for hours. It's definitely on my list of favorite games.
- Lasting Appeal
I received this game about a week ago from gamestop and i've been playing it ever since. First off, i own the two movies pitch black and the chronicles of riddick, and riddick is my absolute favorite anti-hero. The character has so much depth, and vin diesel, while not the greatest actor, really brings riddick to life. The game has both the escape from butcher bay campaign that was released back on the original xbox, and the new assault on dark athena campaign. Graphically, the game, at least on the butcher bay campaign, varies between very good and mediocre. The gameplay is unique for a 1st person game in that it is more designed around stealth than gunplay. The controls are spot on and very tight, and no other developer does a full body 1st person shooter better than starbreeze. The story touches on the events that happened right before pitch black and explains a few things about riddick, such as the truth behind his shined eyes. Vin diesel also reprises his role as the infamous riddick and, while the script can be a little dull at times, Diesel's performance is very solid. Multiplayer is a little weak right now due to the fact that no one has the game, but the pitch black mode is very promising. Overall, a very solid game.
Ok, first off this game absolutely rocks! It was seriously one of the best games when it first came out. It still is awesome and adding the new game with also online in it is a major plus. Its part stealth and part shooter. Very nicely put together i must add. Graphics look awesome, so i dont get why anyone would critisize that. The lighting is fantastic. The gameplay is really where it shines. Its fast paced and great gameplay make this one a keeper. It seriously is better than the movie and has quite a different story. I enjoyed the first one when it came out so much, i was looking forward to playing it again and in HD! The second game on the disc is quite good too, but if you never got to experience Butcher Bay then you have to play this. Its very worth it and just a great fun Riddick game. I personally think outta every movie based game out there that Riddick is definately the best one by far. Usually movie based games are pretty bad, but not this one by any means. To tell you the truth, i am having much more fun with this game than i am with KZ2. Pick this game up, its great and to have Vin doing the voice acting for the game is a major plus! Fans of Pitch Black will enjoy this.