In the late 1980's, the stars of the Tokyo Motor Show were without doubt, the sports cars. However, the sports car category was not forever glorious as it approached the 21st century. Up against the head winds of subjects such as energy crisis or emission control, the sports cars faced a period of lying low, awaiting their time to come around.
Their time is now.
October 26th, 2007. The opening day of the 40th Tokyo Motor Show 2007, will introduce to the world a colorful range of sports cars, which over-ride the head winds with their striking innovations. The new GT-R, successors of the NSX and the Supra, the Lancer Evolution X, the Impreza Sti version, the Lexus LF-A and so on. Big names across the Japanese sports car genre, new and better, as if this were a revival of the 1989 show.Together with these revolutionary sports cars, Gran Turismo will take another big step forward starting with the introduction of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Those who have the opportunity to play this title are sure to be taken by surprise with the overwhelming advancements to Gran Turismo made possible by the PLAYSTATION®3 and its network features.
10 years from its debut in 1997, Gran Turismo will paint the history of car life simulation another color.
The award-winning Gran Turismo™ franchise returns with its 5th installment,Gran Turismo™ 5 Prologue, exclusively for PLAYSTATION®3. With its signaturerealism and unrivaled physics, this highly anticipated precursor to GranTurismo™ 5 continues to blur the line between simulation and reality.
- Race over 60 cars from worldwide automotive manufacturers, precisely modeled both inside and out.
- All-new interior dash view, featuring full driver animation and working gauges.
- Compete on 6 tracks with 12 total layouts, including Fuji Speedway, Suzuka Circuit, and for the first time ever, Daytona International Speedway.
- Online racing with up to 16 players, complete with detailed rankings, plus downloadable ghost cars and race replays of top racers.
- New online community features including Gran Turismo TV, featuring worldwide automotive and motorsport programming.
- Tune vehicle performance, from suspension and tires to gear ratio and engine modifications.
- Rendered in stunning 1080p at 60 frames per second with crisp, realistic lighting and camera effects (replays rendered in 1080p 30fps).