Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - Nintendo Switch
Product Replacement Plan
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is a beautifully drawn and animated remake of the unforgettable Sega Master System game Wonder Boy III . The game's developer, Lizardcube, reverse-engineered the original game in order to faithfully replicate the character movements, item drop logic, secret door locations and much more. Nicalis and DotEmu are teaming up to publish physical retail editions of the game for Switch and PS4.
The remake of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is presented in widescreen HD, with enhanced interface functions, a new playable character (Wonder Girl) and the option to toggle between the all-new hand-drawn visuals and the original sprite/tile-based graphics on the fly.
- Huge interconnected world
- Six playable forms for the main character, each with different abilities
- Multiple dragon enemy types: Zombie Dragon, Mummy Dragon, Samurai Dragon and more!
- Beautiful hand-drawn animated graphics
- Memorable soundtrack based on Shinichi Sakamoto's original compositions, re-imagined and recorded with classical instruments
- Play as the game's classic character, Hu-Man, or as his brand-new, long-awaited co-star Hu-Girl
- Switch the graphics and/or sounds from the modern versions to the 8-bit originals at any time—even during gameplay!
- Three difficulty levels catering to players of all types
Stricken by a curse and transformed into a half-human/half-lizard by the Meka-Dragon, a lonesome adventurer is facing the challenge of a lifetime! In search for a cure, our mutated anti-hero will explore the many traps of Monster Land and defeat many stuff-throwing, curse-wielding dragons. The six different forms of our shape-shifting hero—human, lizard, mouse, piranha, lion and hawk—make up just a small percentage of the cast of this non-stop action/adventure platformer!
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this product?
Share your thought with the community
Top Customer Reviews
Amazing game!! I've been eying it for a while and finally pulled the trigger. I am so happy that I did! The artwork is wonderful, the story is entertaining, and music is unbelievably amazing :) I cant reccomend this game enough.
This game is sweet to look at and I see till feel it plays really well. I had a Sega master system so this is heavily biased nostalgia.
Perfect platformer has old school and new school looks and sounds good if you want to use them. Also the hand drawn animation is a major win. It's a shame this wasn't promoted better I had to search for a gamstop that had it and get them to transfer it to me. Great game.
I bought this a little while ago andmy daughter and grand kids enjoy it.
- Lasting Appeal
The game is VERY easy to beat; if you've played it in the past on the Master System, Mega Drive/Genesis or PC-Engine/TurboGrafx 16.