AD 2560. Earth stripped of its natural resources. Global warming caused the melting of the northern polar ice cap, tropical storms ravage all areas that didn't suffer from desertification.
Pockets of humans are crawling their lives away in a few slums, descendants of those who were left behind or refused to leave. Others created huge conurbations, based upon some of the most populous cities once on Earth. Most of humanity, though, has moved on the Moon, Mars, Titan, and other Saturn's moons. Earth is often used as a location for entertainment events like hi-speed races, futuristic amusement parks and zoo parks, which allows local communities to work and profit in a harsh environment.
One of the most popular sports is the SRRL, or Solar Redout Racing League: the fastest racing league ever created, where humanity's best pilots drive high speed anti-gravity ships on magnetic tracks, risking their lives at each and every corner, in exchange for never-ending glory.
- Online multiplayer: Challenge up to 12 players from around the globe to find out who the best Redout pilot is.
- Career mode: Carve out your path to glory with 93 different racing events, varying experience, and an array of challenging levels.
- Customizable Ships: Invest in improving your Engine, Magnets, Structure and Energy to get your ship track-ready.
- See the world: Put the pedal to the metal on 25 different tracks scattered around 5 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth. Push the envelope on additional boss circuits to see what you are made of.
- 10 Event Types: Test your skills in 10 different events: Race, Pure Race, Time Attack, Pure Time Attack, Speed, Instagib, Survival, Score Based Endurance, Last Man Standing, Arena Race.
- Team up: Drivers will have their pick of 6 different racing teams with each team requiring a different driving approach and 4 increasingly fast racing classes to see if you make the cut.
- Power ups: To get that competitive edge, you have the option of 12 upgradable power-ups: additional turbo, shields, self-repair drone, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers, and more.