After the mysterious and untimely death of the Emperor, the throne of Tamriel
lies empty. With the Empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and
demons march upon the land-laying waste to everything in their path. To turn
the tide of darkness, you must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel
the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.
In keeping with the Elder Scrolls tradition, players will have the option to experience the main quest at their own pace, and there will be plenty of opportunities to explore the vast world and make your own way. Numerous factions can be joined, such as the thieves or mages guilds, and each contains its own complete storyline and the chance to rise to the head of the faction and reap further rewards.
Oblivion is a single-player game that takes place in Tamriel's capital province, Cyrodiil. You are given the task of finding the hidden heir to a throne that sits empty, the previous emperor having been killed byan unknown assassin. With no true Emperor, the gates to Oblivion (the equivalent of hell in the world of Tamriel) open, and demons begin to invade Cyrodiil and attack its people and towns. It's up to you to find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.
- Live another life in another world, create and play any character you can imagine
- An all-new combat and magic system brings first person role-playing to a new level of intensity
- Groundbreaking AI system gives characters full 24/7 schedules
- New lands to explore in the Shivering Isles expansion
- Challenging new foes, hideous insects, Flesh Atronachs, skeletal Shambles, amphibeous Grummites and more