A supernatural horror action game with a story devised by the master mythmaker, novelist and filmmaker Clive Barker. Mingling the darkest elements of Barker's horror fiction and films, Jericho deals with the mysterious reappearance of a lost city in a remote desert. When a form of evil that goes right back to the dawn of days resurfaces from there, a Special Forces squad, trained in both conventional warfare and the arcane arts, is sent in. Their mission: hunt down and destroy the evil that lurks at the heart of the city before it destroys humanity.
Clive Barker's Jericho is a squad-based Action/Horror game based on an original concept and story by acclaimed horror writer and film maker Clive Barker.
The most ancient of evils has broken through into our world and is threatening to spread its taint across the whole of the earth unless it's stopped. At ground zero lies the Middle Eastern city of Al-Khali, a modern city built atop the ancient ruins of a dozen previous conquerors. All attempts of contacting the citizens of the city have failed. With tensions already running high in the region, this is just the sort of thing that could trigger the apocalypse…
In Clive Barker's Jericho, players assume the role of the leader of the Jericho Squad – a seven man Special Forces strike team that protects U.S. interests against paranormal threats. Each member of the squad is an expert in modern warfare as well as their own different para-psychological disciplines, including clairvoyance, alchemy, blood magic, exorcism, etc.
Players must lead the Jericho Squad into the flaming ruins of the city, moving block by block towards the dimensional rift tearing away at its heart. Along the way, they encounter the horrific armies of hellish denizens that now rule the city and corrupt everything they touch. As players incrementally approach the source of evil, they will have to rely less and less on traditional weapons and instead focus on the combined psychic talents of the Jericho Squad.
An Original Cast of Characters – The Jericho Squad consists of several team members, each with their own special weapons and paranormal powers:
- Capt. Devin Ross – the Jericho Squad captain and team psychic
- Father Paul Rawlings – the dual-pistol-wielding priest and exorcist
- Sgt. Frank Delgado – a fire-demon-wielding alchemist and pyromancer
- Lt. Abigail Black – a telekinetic sniper that can control bullets in mid flight
- Sgt. Billie Church – a blood mage that uses her own blood to cast spells and wards
- Capt. Xavier Jones – a seer that uses astral projection for reconnaissance
- Cpl. Simone Cole – the Jericho Squad's reality hacker that can alter time and teleport supplies and personnel
- Story Penned By Clive Barker – Codemasters has teamed up with the master of horror, novelist and filmmaker Clive Barker, on this original paranormal Action/Horror gaming experience.
- Unique Gameplay Mechanics – Squad mechanics allow players to jump back and forth between Jericho Squad members, allowing them to use the best suited squad members in particular combat situations. Additionally, Jericho Squad members can combine their paranormal powers for even more substantial attacks.
- A Layered Environment – The ancient city of Al-Khali is formed of layers of different ages that have tried to battle the evil in the past…and have lost. Players will traverse through multiple planes of existence, including the Crusades, WWII, Rome, and more as they try and make theirway to the source of evil.