In Call of Duty 3, get closer than ever to the fury of combat as an Allied soldier in World War II's most harrowing military operation, the Normandy Breakout Campaign. Melee combat and destructible cover bring you face-to-face with German forces. Multiple attack routes mean you decide whether to flank your enemy or hit him head on. Varied terrain, next-gen graphics and sound, and a dramatic story deliver Call of Duty's signature cinematic intensity.
* ALL-NEW CLOSE-QUARTERS COMBAT: In a new feature for the Call of Duty series, close-quarters battle mechanics bring you face-to-face with your enemy. Fight hand-to-hand, disarm traps, improvise explosive devices, and execute a host of other battlefield challenges that require cunning and swift reflexes.
* NOWHERE TO HIDE: Environmental physics let you destroy enemies' soft cover hideouts, such as wooden walls, barrels and crates—forcing your foes out in the open. But watch out they can eliminate your protection as well.
* CHOOSE YOUR PATH TO VICTORY: Flank your opponent, or hit him head on. Next generation level design provides multiple attack routes that let you decide how to confront the enemy. Each choice you make requires you to use special tactics, from sniping and demolition to straight out frontal assaults.
* UNPRECEDENTED COMBAT OPTIONS: Execute parachute drops, armored assaults or SAS commando raids. Riddle battlefields with tank shells and explosives. Drive tanks totopple barricades and invade enemy emplacements.
* TEAM-BASED MULTIPLAYER WITH VEHICLES: Intense multiplayer functionality has been built from the ground up. Up to 24 players can battle it out as a variety of player classes, including riflemen, infantry, scouts, and others. Multiple-occupancy vehicles let you coordinate attacks with friends, driving while they fire a mounted machine gun from the turret. The game's wide range of vehicles include tanks, jeeps and motorcycles with sidecars.
* LARGE-SCALE WAR: Call of Duty 3 is the story of the Normandy Breakout Campaign,the Allies' valiant campaign to drive Hitler's most elite troops out of western France, across the Rhine, and back to Berlin. Play as American and Canadian infantry, British Special Forces, and Polish armored division troops.