A tropical paradise seethes with hidden evil in Far Cry, a cunningly detailed action shooter that pushes the boundaries of combat to shocking new levels.
Venture through an utterly realistic tropical island, with no limits placed on where you can go or how far you can see. Become embroiled in a thriller movie-style storyline, controlling one man in a bid to escape from the island with his life. Encounter and defeat highly intelligent enemies in stunning tropical locations, as you jump into a game world modeled to an unparalled level of detail - with next generation physics-on-demand and a view distance of over half a mile.
Real time editing, bump mapping, static lights, network system, integrated physics system, shaders, shadows and a dynamic music system are just some of the state of-the-art features the CryENGINE offers.
The CryENGINE comes complete with all of its internal tools and also includes the CryEDIT world editing system. Licensees receive full source code and documentation for the engine and tools. Support is provided directly from the R & D Team that continuously develops the engine and can arrange teaching workshops for your team to increase the learning process.
The engine supports all video and hardware currently on the market. New hardware support is constantly added as it becomes available.
CryEDIT: Is a real-time game editor offering What you see is what you PLAY feedback.
Renderer: integrates indoor and outdoor technology seamlessly. Offers rendering support for OpenGL & DirectX 8/9, XBoxusing latest HW features, PS2 and GameCube.
Physics System: supports character inverse kinematics, vehicles, rigid bodies, liquid, rag doll, cloth and soft body effects. The system is integrated with the game and tools.
Character Inverse Kinematics & Animation Blending: Allows a character model to have multiple animations while looking believable.
AI System: Enables team based AI and AI behaviors defined by scripts. Ability to create custom enemies and behaviors without touching the C++ code.
Interactive Dynamic Music System: Tracks and responds to the player's actions and situations and offers CD Quality playback in full 5.1 surround sound.
Environmental Audio & SFS Engine: Ability to accurately reproduce sounds from nature with seamless blending between environments and interior/exterior locations in 5.1 audio. Includes EAX 2.0 audio support.
Network Client and Server System: Manages all network connections for the multiplayer mode. It is a low-latency network system based on client/server architecture.
Shaders: A script system used to combine textures in different ways to produce visual effects. Supports real time per-pixel lighting, bumpy reflections, refractions, volumetric glow effects, animated textures, transparent computer displays, windows, bullet holes, and shinny surfaces.
Terrain: Uses an advanced heightmap system and polygon reduction to create massive, realistic environments. The view distance can be up to 2km when converted from game units.
Lighting and Shadows: A combination of precalculated, real time shadows, stencil shadows and lightmaps to produce a dynamic environment. Includes high-resolution, correct perspective, and volumetric smooth-shadow implementations for dramatic and realistic indoor shadowing. Supports advanced particles technology and any kind of volumetric lighting effects on particles.
Fog: Includes volumetric, layer and view distance fogging to enhance atmosphere and tension.
Tools Integration: Objects and buildings created using 3ds max™ or Maya® are integrated within the game and editor.
Polybump: Standalone or fully integrated with other tools including 3ds max.
Scripting system: Based on the popular LUA language. This easy to use system allows the setup and tweaking of weapons/game parameters, playing of sounds and loading of graphics without touching the C++ code.
Modularity: Entirely written in modular C++, with comments, documentation and subdivisions into multiple DLLs.
* Heart-pounding tropical island isolation: Experience unprecedented drama and realism with incredible lighting and shadows, adaptive audio, and weather effects that impact gameplay.
* Next-generation engine: A new standard of action gaming with advanced environment and character physics, destructible terrain, dynamic lighting, motion-captured animation and total surround sound.
* Unparalled long range gunplay: Battle to the ends of the earth with Far Cry's utterly unique, 800-meter scalable view system. Lock into enemies from a distance with motion-sensing binoculars. Then choose your style of attack - from long range sniping to ballistic close-quarter firefights - and everything in between.
* Cunning and complex artificial intelligence: Gameplay never becomes repetitive with units including snipers, stalkers, scouts, and grenadiers engaging you from all angles, distances and terrains in coordinated strikes. Commanders will even call for reinforcements by land, sea or air.
* Diverse combat action: Master a dynamic slate of combat skills - close-quarters combat, long-rnage shooting, search and destroy tactics, stealth operations, and combat driving skills through indoor and outdoor environments.