Want to host a multi-user gaming party, stream high definition content from the internet or your own local storage, surf the internet at blazing speeds, or video chat with friends in glitch-free HD? The NETGEAR Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Switch is an Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch solution that brings it all to you, without competing for bandwidth on your wireless network. The Nighthawk S8000 switch is an addition to the NETGEAR Nighthawk family that encompasses the fastest WiFi routers on the market. The Nighthawk S8000 switch extends the speed and performance of the Nighthawk WiFi routers to bring ultra-smooth gaming and streaming to your wired devices.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk S8000 switch is a versatile, ultra-performance, easily configurable, Layer 2 switch for expert gaming and HD media streaming, all in a cool, sleek design that you won't want to hide.
With one-click optimized advanced preset configurations, the Nighthawk S8000 brings low latency, port and traffic prioritization and Quality of Service (QoS) management into your home network without needing to be an IT networking expert! Its sleek and modern design makes it the perfect fit for any modern home or small office. The Nighthawk S8000 switch comes with an intuitive web browser-based graphical user interface (GUI), simple enough for everyone, but with rich features and advanced functions for techies, all accessible from your computer or mobile device.
Each Gigabit Ethernet port can be configured differently, bringing complete versatility to the users. Pre-configured presets automatically configure ports for gaming, media streaming, or as a standard LAN port for seamless surfing, VoIP or video calls. In addition, link aggregation (LAG) or “port trunking” allows for using multiple ports to create an aggregated connection of up to 4Gbps concurrent connection to any other link aggregation capable devices, such as NETGEAR ReadyNAS storage.
What's more, users can even define their own one-click personalized configurations to be saved on the switch and accessed from the management GUI for their own completely personalized network setup.
The Nighthawk S8000 Switch also includes the full set NETGEAR Web Managed (Plus) Switch software features including:
- Port-based and 802.1p/DSCP-based QoS (Quality of Service) for traffic prioritization
- Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
- IGMP snooping support for multicast optimization
- Broadcast storm controls
- Rate limiting and priority queuing for better bandwidth allocation
- Port trunking/link aggregation (LAG) allows for increased throughput beyond 1G or to provide redundancy across the link(s)
- Cool-touch premium zinc-alloy housing for durability and looks, with soft-touch no-slip base to ensure it stays where you put it, even on smooth/glass surfaces like entertainment centers
- Ease of setup/use, preconfigured one-touch optimized settings for gaming, media streaming, standard networking, plus two user-defined configurations.
- Simplified installation and configuration for best performance.
- Offload high-bandwidth applications/stress from your wireless network (which allows down everyone's access/experience) ensuring best performance and experience for gaming, media steaming, etc.
- Link Aggregation/port trunking provides up to 4Gbps connection to other link aggregation-capable devices (such as ReadyNAS)
- Seamless integration with Nighthawk routers for the best performing home network anywhere