amiibo in Mario Kart 8
- Receive special racing suits for your Mii™ character based on each amiibo character's look.**
- Dress up your Mii like fan-favorite characters such as Mario, Yoshi, Kirby or even Samus Aran.
- Compatible with the following amiibo figures:
- Mario™, Luigi™, Peach™, Yoshi™, Donkey Kong™, Link™, Captain Falcon, Kirby™, Samus™, Fox
- Coming 4/23 through a software update: Nine new racing suits will be available with the following amiibo figures: Bowser™, Mega Man™, PAC-MAN™, Pikmin & Olimar, Rosalina, Sonic™, Toad™, Villager, and Wario.
Rocket Around the Curves
Wii U was made to kart! Try different controller combinations to compete with local or online* rivals on the big screen. Driving up a waterfall or across the ceiling can provide an intense adrenaline rush, but that's not all anti-gravity is good for. It also provides a wild new gameplay mechanic: if you collide into other racers in zero-g, you'll earn speed boosts worth bragging about.
Upload and Share
Share highlight videos of your greatest moments with friends via the Mario Kart TV feature, YouTube and Miiverse*. Crisp HD graphics and fluid animation offers players the most visually stunning Mario Kart yet.
When the wheels flip up the glowing anti-gravity kicks in, letting you drive along walls and ceilings. The rules of the road also change when you're in anti-gravity mode: bump into opponents for speed boosts. Soar through the air with your choice of glider. Take the plunge and bring the race into the bubbly depths of underwater caverns.
Get ready for pop-or-be-popped action on the following courses as you compete to burst balloons attached to other players' karts.
Victory is only an Item Away
Grab awesome items on the fly to turn the tables on opponents.
- Boomerang Flower
- Piranha Plant
- Super Horn
- Crazy Eight
Build the Best Vehicle
Combine a chassis, tires, and a glider to create a dream machine that suits your driving style and a character's stats. New Vehicle: ATV. Not a kart or a motorcycle, but something in-between: a 4-wheeled, all-terrain vehicle with unique handling.
Driving up a waterfall or across the ceiling can provide an intense adrenaline rush, but that's not all anti-gravity is good for. It also provides a wild new gameplay mechanic: if you collide into other racers in zero-g, you'll earn speed boosts worth bragging about. Luckily, you can upload and share your best moments and watch your friends' using the all-new Mario Kart TV.* Returning features include 12-player online play*, gliders, underwater racing, motorbikes, and custom karts. You can even race as Bowser's seven minions, the Koopalings!