The Sims 2, is going to the dogs—and for that matter, to the cats, guinea pigs and birds too! The addition of a new friend is guaranteed to enrich the daily lives of your Sims! Not only will players have the opportunity to choose from a variety of existing breeds, and hot designer mixes, but they'll also be able to personally design their new friend with the Create-a-Pet feature. The ability to customize gives fans the opportunity to create their ideal pet by choosing their body shape, unique markings, even their pet's personalities! With so many different animals to choose from, there's no telling what unpredictable experiences could occur! Players will also be able to teach their pet new tricks, take them for a romp in the park, outfit them with new pet accessories and even give them a job! As in real life, your Sims' pet will require care and training. A neglected cat with an urge to scratch might claw up your new couch if you aren't careful, and leaving your dog unattended near a freshly planted flower bed probably isn't wise!
More DetailsLess Details
* Sims Have New Friends - Pets! Sims can share their lives with their new pets and add more fun to the Sims experience. From dogs, cats, caged animals and more, your Sims share new friends to experience life's precious moments. With so many different animals to choose from, there's no telling what unpredictable experiences could occur!
* Create-A-Pet: Choose from dozens of dog and cat breeds or customize features for a one-of-a-kind pet. You can even modify your pet's body shape by choosing from specific colors and unique markings. Don't like the way they act? Change their personality – from smart and sweet to silly and sloppy – anyone can create their ideal animal friend in The Sims 2 Pets.
* “Sit, Spike, Sit”: Your Sims can encourage and discipline pets, training them to shake, roll over, play dead, and more. Unruly pets might dig in the yard, claw the sofa, or topple the trash. Thankfully, a little training can go a long way.
* Classic Sims Open-Ended Gameplay: Create and control digital characters over a lifetime, setting their goals in life from popularity and romance, to fortune and family– their stories are in your hands.
* Share unique Pet unlocks: Use special codes to share unlockable pet accessories, fur types or markings with other The Sims 2 Pets players.
* Manage a Pet Care Center: Pamper, preen, and nurse all the neighborhood pets at your new Pet Care Center that you create and customize.
* How Much Is That Doggie in the Window? In a pet store that you own and operate, you can help other Sims pick out the perfectpet. Earn extra Simoleans by selling the pet products that include the latest pet fashions and accessories!
The Sims 2 Pets is rated
2.9 out of
Rated 3 out of
Not the best, but still engaging.I adore the Sims and animals, so I had high hopes for this game. I enjoyed it as a kid and decided to repurchase it many years later. It still engages me, but only for short periods of time. Definitely made for a younger game player.
Date published: 2017-11-23
Rated 5 out of
❤ My favoriteStill have my DS and Pets game, I love it. April 06
Date published: 2017-10-16
Rated 1 out of
Not The BestI have seen EA show it's chops before. This is just embarrassing. Sims, you have disappointed us, and I don't recommend this to ANYONE.
Date published: 2012-03-18
Rated 1 out of
horrible game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I first bought this because it looked really good. I played for 5 minutes and got bored. Worst thing is your sim has to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME! Take my advice and dont buy it.
Date published: 2011-05-05
Rated 4 out of
It was okayI liked it and my little sis liked it a lot too.I don't think it's the BEST sims game,but it was a good one
Date published: 2010-11-20
Rated 1 out of
One of the WORST sims gamesI love the sims. i got this game because of that one reason! but. well. here's the thing. The graphics were bad the game had no seeable goal and it was just plain confusing and stupid. The graphics, well all sims games graphics are that way, but it just didnt work. The game was just take care of this take care of that, which i didnt mind with Animal Crossing. it was stupid because it didnt let our pets work like they do in the other games. in other words- BIG SMELLY THUMBS DOWN!
Date published: 2010-10-08
Rated 2 out of
Fun and then ... nothingi was totally addicted to this game at first but now that i have seen more and more games it is waaaaay boring. it is the same retarded people and the same boring animals each time. you get an animal, treat it, and get paid. the music is totally annoying and the animals are so ugly!!! if you want a good animal game, get nintendogs. you won't regret buying that game. this one... it is very likely. in nintendogs, you buy your own dog, train it to respond to your voice, teach it to go through an obstacle course (agility), use the commands you taught it to compete, or catch a disc. once they have learned it you enter contests for money to buy basic care items (shampoo, food, water, and more) and toys to have fun. you can also buy up to 8 dogs! if you don't like your dog donate it. it is soooooooo much better than this.
Date published: 2009-04-08
Rated 1 out of
boring.....totally dull.I bought the game a few months ago, thinking it was going to be like the PC version or the other system versions. Boy was I disappointed when I started to play it! The day in the life of your Sim is to... boring, just uneventful. Unlike all the other Sim games, your day only lasts from the time the pet clinic opens, till it closes at the end of the day. When your not taking care of the patients, your stuck with near nothing for your Sim to do. The interaction between your Sim and the environment is very limited. Half of the time in the game, your taking care of animals who's owners are too stupid to figure out how to bathe their animal, or just want their pet to "look better", i.e. dressing them up in weird outfits. This game is just a waste of time, money, and thought. I don't suggest it to anybody.