Spider-Man: Battle for New York allows gamers to take on the role of their favorite Super Hero, Spider-Man, and one of his famed nemeses, Green Goblin, in an original storyline which builds upon their legendary comic book rivalry. For the first time in a handheld Spider-Man game, players can personalize their gaming experiences by choosing what abilities and powers to upgrade and when, such as Spider-Man's web maneuvers or Green Goblin's fire attacks, as they progress through the game. Playing as both good and evil, gamers will experience levels packed with frenzied action, in-depth combat and a host of unique super moves as they embark on the ultimate quest to save New York City from almost certain disaster.
More DetailsLess Details
* Battle as Spider-Man and Green Goblin – As the heroic Spider-Man, players use fancy web work, quick reflexes and acrobatic assaults to defeat the evil characters plaguing the city. As Green Goblin, fans experience the demonic, beastly Super Villain's fury and wreak havoc around town on a quest for revenge.
* Customize Each Character's Combat Ability – Gamers personalize their gameplay experience like never before by choosing which abilities to improve and upgrade for both Spider-Man and Green Goblin. From Spider-Man's enhanced web slinging to Green Goblin's ultra devastating attacks, this is the most customizable Spider-Man handheld experience to-date.
* Execute Special Moves – In the battle for control of the city, special moves make all the difference. To protect New York City as Spider-Man, players utilize powerful web whips, spin-kicks, crouch kicks and other cool maneuvers. As Green Goblin, gamers terrorize the Big Apple with ferocious fireballs and a full-body wall of fire.
* Experience Unique Nintendo DS Gameplay – Players use Spider-sense to play Nintendo DS Touch Screen mini-games, take advantage of the Wi-Fi multiplayer feature and battle friends in head-to-head, Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin action.
* All-New Original Storyline – The ghastly Green Goblin has escaped S.H.I.E.L.D. custody and joined forces with the notorious Kingpin to unleash a diabolical plan to turn the city's gang members into super-human, Oz-enhanced soldiers. Now it's up to Spider-Man to thwart the evil duo's scheme and make the streets of the Big Apple safe, once again.
Spider-Man Battle for NY is rated
4.5 out of
Rated 4 out of
A Good Follow Up To Ultimate Spider-manIf you played the EXCELLENT DS version of Ultimate Spider-Man then there really is no reason why you would'nt like Spider-Man Battle For NY. Taking over developing duties was Torus Games, who I'm glad to say did a very nice job. It runs on same engine that was used on Ultimate Spider-Man and it was definately a good choice. Once you start playing BFNY you'll feel right at home. The games story re-introduces us to the first meeting between Spidey and Green Goblin, but it's told in a completely different way than in the Ultimate Spider-Man comic. Goblin want to take over NY and Spidey has to stop him. When controlling the Green Goblin your main objective is to just destroy anything and everything that gets in your way. As Spidey you'll have to save citizens and battle bosses on your way to stopping the Goblin. Unlike Ultimate Spider-Man though, when controlling the Goblin you dont use the touch screen for any type of special attacks (Venom was ALL about the touch screen, and it worked wonderfully), you just tap it for a power move. Other than that no big deal. Spidey controls exactly the same as Ultimate so you'll be instantly familiar with him. I also like the cameos and appearences from other Marvel characters as it adds a nice touch to all overall game. Torus Games has to be applauded for the presentation and production values as they are FANTASTIC. Cutscenes look very "comic bookish", and there is a TON of voice work. I was quite surprised at how much voice work there actually was in this game. If your a Spider-Man fan then you should consider picking this up. I would have given it an 8 but being that its a very short adventure in which you can beat in an afternoon...I'll compensate and give it a solid 7. Great production values, awesome comic'ish scenes, cool story, nice cameos, good game overall.