For 16 years it has been embraced by its fans, honored by critics, and envied by its rivals. It has endured the test of time and satisfied a demanding public like no other game in history. It's been recognized as ‘the game the players play,' ‘the benchmark in sports video gaming,' and ‘the number one selling football video game in history.' It is MaddenNFL Football. Since its inception, the Madden NFL Football franchise has reigned supreme as the preeminent sports title in the video game industry. Selling more than 51 million units, the all-time best in North America, and bringing home a countless number of gaming awards, it's the most critically acclaimed sports title in history. This year the Madden NFL Football phenomenon celebrates its 17th Anniversary.
More DetailsLess Details
Gamestop Exclusive Inteview with premiere NFL quarterback for the Tennesee Titans and Madden 2008 cover boy Vince Young
1. So, the natural question, what are your thoughts/concerns on the supposed ‘Madden Curse'? No, no concerns whatsoever. I've always been a man of God and I put my faith in him to keep me healthy and if something happens it happens. But hopefully I'll be able to stay healthy and help my team make it to the Super Bowl.
2. What superstitions, if any, play into your own pre-game rituals? What's the most bizarre one you've ever witnessed? The only thing I do is put on my iPod and get jamming, maybe some dancing too. Can't say that I've seen anything bizarre…Kevin Mawae walks around the locker room in a Hawaiian skirt but nobody is going to say anything to him about it. Whatever it takes to get ready for a game
3. Of all your teammates, who would be the toughest to beat in a game of Madden? I've played against a lot of guys who take it serious. Probably the best I've played against on a regular basis is Roy Williams. He wins sometimes, I win sometimes. We have a lot of fun playing though.
4. After one year in the league, who's the hardest hitter in all of football? I would say either Sean Taylor from Washington or Robert Griffith from Arizona. I've watched lots of film on both of them and you always have to know where they are every single play. They can bring it big time. But after going to the Pro Bowl I have much respect for defensive players. They can be out there trying to make the big hit but and take you down but they're not out there trying to hurt you. Ray Lewis – tough guy and he comes to play but he treats you with respect.
5. Who had the best touchdown celebration of all time? No question, Ernest Givens doing the electric slide for the Oilers back in the day. I remember playing Pop Warner football back in Houston and everyone was doing it.
6. Of all the great players, both past and present, who would make up your “dream” backfield and receiver corps?Oh, I would have to say LT (LaDainian Tomlinson) in the backfield, Chad Johnson and Andre Johnson at receiver, Reggie Bush in the slot with Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates at tight end. Throw Deion Sanders in with my defense now and nobody's going stop us.
Wi-Fi Enabled Multiplayer—Play head-to-head against a friend over Wi-Fi, includingsingle-card mode that allows you to challenge anyone with a Nintendo DS, or play with upto seven other players in Wireless mode.
An All-New Look and Feel—A redesigned Touch Screen menu system makes it easier tofind and play all game modes. Use all-new Touch Screen controls to score touchdowns andkick field goals in Paper Football, an old-time classic made exclusively for the Nintendo DS.
Madden NFL 08 is rated
3.4 out of
Rated 5 out of
My favorite Madden gameIve been a fAn of this game ever since i first got it on Nintendo DS and was upset thAt it got ruined. That is until i find it and am really pleased. The reason why i like this is because everyone feels even, nobody over powered, or feels under rated. The gameplay is great. While graphics isnt really to right home about, but for Nintendo ds standard its good. This is a classic and will play it as long as possible.
Date published: 2019-09-04
Rated 1 out of
Happy and healthy from
Fun while it lasted!I bought this game for my son for Christmas and he was so excited. He played it that day and then went to play it the next day and it wouldn’t work. He’s tried it a few other times and it still won’t work. He is so disappointed now.
Date published: 2018-01-05
Rated 4 out of
recomendedIdk why no one likes this game... it was my first DS sports game (my first sports game in general...) and i was impressed.]
I'm trying to buy a game for my son. I don't know much about electronics and video game. He has a DS2 and I'm not sure if this game will work on it? I bought him a game before and it wouldn't work. How do I know if this is compatible with a DS2?
Asked by: LarryDaisy
This game should be able to work with any form of a DS. I used DS games all the time in my 3DS and it always works fine. The problem might be coming from the DS its self, if its getting pretty old then it might be having problems with reading game cartridges. Try blowing into the game cartridge clot or the cartridge itself tohelp remove some dust it has could that also could've been a problem. But this gameshould be perfectly fine to work with any type of DS.