There's a trope in myths and fairy tales that when you release a magical being from a state of imprisonment, it owes you one. Which seems fair, but also a pretty good deal since it's magical. So, for instance, in Hesiod's Theogony
, Zeus frees the Cyclopes (giant immortal beings whose dad Ouranos locked them away in Tartarus because he didn't like what they looked like, but Zeus, who was apparently all it's what's on the inside that counts, busted them out), and, in return, they gave him the thunderbolt.
You, on the other hand, do not have to go to Tartarus in order to obtain this thunderbolt - Zeus's Knife. (Unless that's where you keep your wallet.) This wicked jagged blade inspired by the thunderbolt was custom-designed for ThinkGeek by a two-eyed Cyclops. The handle is modeled on Doric columns and the stainless steel blade has the word laser engraved on it, the Greek word for thunderbolt. In case anybody was confused.
- Zeus' Knife
- A ThinkGeek exclusive, custom designed for us
- Wicked jagged blade inspired by the thunderbolt
- Handle modeled on Doric columns
- Comes with a leather sheath with a 2 belt loop and a snap that features the great seal of the state of Oklahoma
- (Greek for thunderbolt) laser engraved on the blade
- Materials: Stainless steel
- Blade Length: 9 3/4
- Total Length: 15
- Weight: 1.9 lbs. unsheathed
PRODUCT DISCLAIMER: These products are not intended for any unlawful purpose as defined by applicable local, county, state, and federal laws. By agreeing herein, purchaser acknowledges that he/she is 18 years of age or older. Purchaser also acknowledges that he/she is permitted to purchase this product pursuant to his local, county, state, and federal laws.