Nintendo 3DS XL Red
Product Replacement Plan
- Play games and watch videos on the go in full, eye-popping 3D… All without the need for glasses.
- Experience games from some of the most popular franchises of all time
- Nintendo 3DS is backwards compatible with nearly the entire library of Nintendo DS games
- Comes built-in with the ability to take photos in 3D, thanks to the two outward-facing lenses.
Want an even more immersive 3D experience? Games and videos look stunning on the super-sized screens of the Nintendo 3DS XL system—90 percent larger than those of the Nintendo 3DS. An updated form factor, increased battery life, and included 4GB SD Card make for the grandest way to experience portable gaming.
- Built-in fun, right out of the box - Watch games appear right on your desk with AR Games™. Create your own Mii and interact with other players in StreetPass™ Mii Plaza™. Plant a friend's face in the game, or your own with Face Raiders™—and more. Every Nintendo 3DS system comes packed with a collection of built-in software that will amaze you from the moment you turn the system on.
- Downloadable games, Netflix, & more - Nintendo 3DS comes hard-wired for quick and easy access to hundreds of new & classic game downloads starring your favorite Nintendo characters and more. Access to streaming TV shows and movies via Netflix, and a constantly updated stream of amazing 3D videos are also just a quick download away. It's all found in the Nintendo eShop*.
- 3D Screen - The Nintendo 3DS system opens up a whole new world of eye-popping gameplay possibilities. The stereoscopic 3D display of the upper screen gives objects within the game world a feeling of space and depth that extends far into the back of the screen. It becomes easier to see the position of characters and obstacles in the world, making many game experiences even more intuitive for all types of players.
- 3D Depth Slider - A built-in 3D Depth Slider allows you to immediately adjust the intensity of the 3D settings on the Nintendo 3DS system to your liking. The 3D effect can also be turned down completely—all Nintendo 3DS games and applications can be played in 2D, and look better than any Nintendo handheld before it.
- Motion Sensor & Gyro Sensor - Portable play control reaches a new level with these amazing features, allowing for new & unique gameplay mechanics. A built-in motion sensor and gyro sensor can react to the motion and tilt of the system, so whether players are twisting their systems side to side or moving them up and down, their motion-compatible Nintendo 3DS games respond instantly.
- Two Screens - Game graphics have never looked better on a Nintendo handheld system, thanks to the two screens of the Nintendo 3DS system.
A widescreen display on the top screen shows 800x240 pixel resolution, allocating 400 pixels for each eye to create the 3D effect.
The bottom LCD touch screen operates at a resolution of 320x240—with both screens capable of displaying a brilliant 16.77 million colors.
- Analog Control - With the Circle Pad, located above the + Control Pad, Nintendo 3DS offers full analog control in 3D game worlds. Combined with the touch screen, traditional buttons, camera and microphone input, and advanced motion control of the Motion Sensor and Gyro Sensor, the potential is extraordinary.
- 3D Camera - The Nintendo 3DS system uses its two outer cameras to see the world in 3D, much like the human eye. This allows for the creation of 3D photos, 3D video, and even 3D stop-motion animations, that make for an eye-popping addition to your next photo op.
Check out the Nintendo 3DS Photo Showcase. Browse featured galleries of user-submitted photos updated weekly, and submit your own.
- Stylus - All Nintendo 3DS systems come with a Stylus to allow for precise touch controls on the bottom screen. The original Nintendo 3DS comes with an Adjustable Stylus that can be shortened or lengthened to your liking, while the Nintendo 3DS XL comes with a comfortable, full-sized Stylus.
- SD Memory Card Included - Every Nintendo 3DS system comes packed with a SD Memory Card*. You can use this SD Memory Card to store your 3D photos, and sound recordings created on the Nintendo 3DS system, and music** from your PC. You can also use it to store games downloaded from the Nintendo eShop. The Nintendo 3DS system has SDHC card compatibility to increase your storage space even further.
* Nintendo 3DS systems come with a 2GB SD Memory Card and Nintendo 3DS XL systems come with a 4GB SD Memory Card.
** Nintendo 3DS is compatible with MP3 and AAC file formats.
Almost all existing Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games can be played on a Nintendo 3DS system in 2D. With backwards compatibility, your existing portable games look and play just as well*.
* Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games will be displayed in 2D graphics. Select Nintendo DS games that use accessories in the Game Boy™ Advance slot of the Nintendo DS system are not compatible with the Nintendo 3DS system.
- StreetPass™ - Social and wired like no Nintendo system before it, Nintendo 3DS brings fellow players together in exciting new ways with StreetPass? communication. Set your Nintendo 3DS to Sleep Mode and carry it with you wherever you go to exchange game data like Mii™ characters, high scores, and custom characters with other users you pass on the street. You control what data you exchange, and you can exchange data for multiple games at once, making virtual connections with real world people you encounter in your daily life.
StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find out more about StreetPass Mii Plaza and how to interact with other Nintendo 3DS owners.
- SpotPass™ - Your Nintendo 3DS system can automatically connect to a wireless internet access point. Once connected, special items will download automatically to your system via the SpotPass feature, even while in sleep mode. Some of these surprise items include exclusive content and promotions from Nintendo Zone™, unique 3D videos from the Nintendo Video™ service, and add-on game content from your favorite Nintendo 3DS games!
Not sure if you've received something? Look for the blue LED light on the outside of your Nintendo 3DS system or a blue dot on your favorite HOME Menu icon to find out what's been delivered to you.
Getting SpotPass on the go is easier than ever! Enjoy a free and automatic connection to Wi-Fi at over 29,000 Nintendo Zone locations across the U.S. and Canada. To find a location near you and learn more about Nintendo Zone
- Size (when closed): 3.66 inches high, 6.14 inches long, 0.866 inches deep.
- Weight: Approximately 12 ounces (including battery, stylus, SDHC memory card).
- Upper Screen: Wide-screen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses. Capable of displaying approximately 16.77 million colors. 4.88-inch display (4.18 inches wide, 2.50 inches high) with 800 x 240 pixel resolution. 400 pixels are allocated to each eye to enable 3D viewing.
- Lower Screen: LCD with a touch screen capable of displaying 16.77 million colors . 4.18 inches (3.34 inches wide, 2.5 inches high) with 320 x 240 pixel resolution.
- Cameras: One inner camera and two outer cameras. The resolution is 640 x 480 for each camera. The lenses are single-focus and use the CMOS capture element. The active pixel count is approximately 300,000 pixels.
- Wireless Communication: 2.4 GHz. Enabling local wireless communication among multiple Nintendo 3DS systems for game play and StreetPass. Enabling access to the Internet through wireless LAN access points (supports IEEE802.11 b/g with the WPA™/WPA2™ security feature). Recommended distance of wireless communication is within 98.4 feet. This can be shorter depending on the environmental situation. WPA and WPA2 are marks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Input Controls: A/B/X/Y Button, +Control Pad, L/R Button, START/SELECT, Circle Pad (enabling 360-degree analog input), Touch screen, Embedded microphone, Camera, Motion sensor, Gyro sensor
- Other Input Controls: 3D Depth Slider (enabling smooth adjustment of the 3D level effect), HOME Button (brings up the HOME menu), Wireless switch (can disable wireless functionality even during game play), POWER button
- Connection: Game Card slot, AC adapter connector, SD Card slot, Cradle connector, Audio jack (stereo output)
- Sound: Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen (supports virtual surround sound).
- Stylus: 3.78 in long (not telescoping).
- Electric Power: AC adapter (WAP-002 [USA]). Nintendo 3DS XL Battery Pack (lithium ion battery) [SPR-003].
- Charge Time: About 3.5 hours.
- Battery Duration: When playing Nintendo 3DS software, about 3.5 – 6.5 hours. When playing Nintendo DS software, about 6 – 10 hours. Battery duration differs depending on the brightness setting of the screen. The information regarding battery duration is a rough standard. It can be shorter depending on what functions of the Nintendo 3DS system are used.
- Game Card: Nintendo 3DS Game Card. The size is approximately the same as a Nintendo DS Game Card.
*Manufacturer's suggested retail price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
**Some of these features may not be available at launch
***There is a limit to how many times transfers can be made. Some software may not be transferred.
****Additional features added through system updates may also be subject to Parental Controls.
Some of these features such as the Internet browser, Nintendo eShop, system transfer and the ability to download software and videos using SpotPass will be available after system updates are performed.
|Only at GameStop||No|
|Developer Name||GameStop Inc.|
|Only at GameStop||No|
|Developer Name||GameStop Inc.|
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this product?
Share your thought with the community
Top Customer Reviews
Console is in great shape and have not had any issues with it. Great job !!
Glad to hear it! Hope you're having loads of portable fun! Thanks for your review!
Its a great system at home and on the go I would suggest this for family players Also its good for layed backed players also
I have owned many generations of Nintendo handhelds. Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced, and now the Nintendo 3DS. I was disappointed by the original DS and the DSi and so I did not purchase them, but when Pokemon White was announced I began to consider my options. I eventually bought a Red 3DS, Pokemon White and Black 2, and now I can't stop searching for more good games. I can not wait to play Ocarina of Time and other amazing games on my 3DS. I am more than satisfied with the function, the image, the 3D (which was a big worry), and the time I get out of the console. I have spent more time in a month playing this system than I would spending $200 on anything else. If you get a handheld this one is for you. The 3DS is almost perfect, aside from my fear of its fragility. I'm very protective because the system does feel very flimsy from minor impacts. I hope never to drop Ruby though.
The graphics are just amazing. The controls work fairly well, although the control stick gets stuck from time to time. The buttons are sturdy and feel solid. The cameras has pretty poor quality, but not everything can be perfect. The 3D takes some time to get used to, but it is phenomenal. Regular DS games are slightly enlarged on the screen, so they look a little different. Also, BUY SCREEN PROTECTORS. The bottom screen gets scratched VERY easily. There is no current way to take screen shots of your games, but this might change with a future update of some sort. The larger screens are much better than the normal 3DS screens, especially if you want to download Colors! 3D (a drawing app) or Netflix. The battery life is decent as well, and you could always turn on power-saving mode. That's all! (sorry for all the negatives, but I feel like people should know before they buy.)
The 3ds is awesome.Red is the best color for it.The size is way better than the original.I play mario tennis open and mariokart 7on it .So awesome.