- New Gauntlet Experience - Classic dungeon crawling action is melded with innovative new features for the ultimate Gauntlet challenge.
- Online and Couch Co-op Multiplayer - Explore on your own if you dare or play with friends in 4-player same-screen and online co-op. Your friends can become foes as you compete to see who can claim the most kills and the most gold.
- Four Classic Characters - Gauntlet's four classic characters: Warrior, Valkyrie, Elf, and Wizard return but with more distinctive play styles and their own unique skills.
- Discover New Powers - Players can scour the dungeons for gold and loot to unlock mystical Relics that grant the holder deadly new abilities. But beware – if used incorrectly they can be detrimental to your party's health!
- How Will You Die? Fiendish traps, monstrous hordes, epic bosses and even your own friends will cause you to die in confounding and extraordinary ways.
The classic Gauntlet 4-player co-op action gameplay returns in a completely new experience! Play as one of four distinct heroes in an intense monster filled dungeon brawler with a combination of both uniquely built and randomly generated levels to explore. Battle the endless hordes of foes as you and your friends fight for treasure and glory via both local and online co-op multiplayer. Invade the Darkness this Summer on PC and Steam Machines!
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this product?
Share your thought with the community
Top Customer Reviews
After putting around 4 hours into this game i feel like i can safely say that for the price you can't go wrong. The difficulty is hard on normal settings until you get some experience under your belt after that you will want to crank it up and go for the higher difficulties. I was hoping for the camera being a little closer in on the characters, but staying true to the source they opted to keep it pulled back so i cannot complain too much. Over all i can see my self putting in a good amount of time in this in between larger release titles.
- Lasting Appeal
Gauntlet was one of the best co-op games in the arcades back in the day. Some console ports of it are better than others. This is one of the better ones. It keeps enough of what made the original fun, while innovating enough to feel like a modern game. I'm glad that the timer is gone as it was one of the few things about original Gauntlet that I didn't like. This doesn't mean the game is a cakewalk though because the enemeis have trickier A.I. and the traps are more devious too. Luckily, each of the four heroes can do more than one basic attack and you can even upgrade them. It's worth playing.
- Lasting Appeal