Updated March 22 @ 9:00 PM CDT
To Our Valued Guests,
Over the last week, you've continued visiting our stores to purchase the entertainment and connectivity products and devices that are enabling you to find some degree of normalcy in these very trying times. We thank you for your continued loyalty to GameStop and your trust in us to deliver the products that you need. With customer and employee safety as our paramount concern, we're announcing a new way of making our stores and our wide array of gaming, accessories and collectibles products accessible to you during this time.
New Store Pickup Procedure: Delivery@Door
Beginning today, Sunday, March 22, only employees will be allowed inside our stores. To continue to serve you from these locations, we are offering a contactless delivery service called Delivery@Door at all store locations across the country where state or local laws allow. The process is simple - just go online via GameStop.com or the GameStop App to place your order and simply select the pick up option for your local store. Your order confirmation email will contain additional instructions, including a notice when your order is ready and the phone number of the store. Just call when you arrive and one of our associates will meet you at the door with your product. Of course, you can also continue having items delivered to your doorstep also through GameStop.com or the GameStop mobile app. If, for any reason, you were unable to order your products in advance and the product is in stock in the store, one of our associates can also assist you while you remain in your car. Credit Card chip and GameStop Gift Card transactions can be processed onsite.
While we are operating under Delivery@Door protocols, we will not be able to accept returns and exchanges. We will, however, be adjusting our exchange and return policy to allow you more time to return recent purchases once our stores are fully reopened. Finally, in order to ensure your and our associates utmost safety, we have temporarily suspended our product-trade-in service. Please make note that we have reduced our store operational hours to 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.
It is important to take a moment to recognize the unending commitment and efforts of our store associates during this time. They are truly passionate about the service they provide our customers and the gaming community. All U.S. GameStop employees have been ensured that they do not have to work if they are not comfortable, or need to stay home to care for a family member. They have also been instructed to stay home if they feel sick or in any way they may have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19. GameStop will pay all U.S. employees impacted by this an additional two weeks at their regular pay.
We thank you again for your patience and loyalty and look forward to continuing to provide you with the gaming, entertainment, and connectivity products you require to stay virtually connected while at home.
While GameStop is best known as a provider of gaming and home entertainment systems, we also offer a wide array of products and devices that are important to facilitate remote work, distance learning, and virtual connectivity. As millions of Americans face unprecedented challenges adapting to virtual learning, working and interaction, there is significant need for technology solutions and we are one of many providers of these products that are remaining open at this time. Schools, businesses and families are now suddenly dependent on being able to connect through technology. While there are many businesses and organizations far more critical than ours, we believe we can have a positive impact during this very challenging time. The health and safety of our employees and customers is of utmost importance and we have and will continue to take extensive precautions consistent with CDC guidelines. We are complying with all state, county, city and local ordinances and we will continue to adjust to any future developments.
GameStop is working diligently during this unprecedented time to provide our customers and associates with the safest environment possible. We are implementing changes to our retail operations so that we may continue to provide products to our customers that allows them to stay connected, and provide products that allows business and consumers to work remotely.
Specific actions we have taken include:
- Instituting multiple social distancing practices in our stores, up to 10 people in the store, including store associates.
- Following CDC recommended guidelines to adopt in-store line management practices that creates a 6-foot parameter between customers in checkout lines.
- Reducing our store hours of operation to 12 – 8 p.m., which will be in place until Sunday, March 29th.
- Rolling out delivery @ door service to allow customers to pick up their purchases at the front door of our U.S. store locations.
- Suspending temporarily our video game and consumer electronics trade-in practices until further notice.
- Postponing all gaming events and midnight launch activities until further notice.
- Disabling temporarily all interactive gaming stations in our stores.
- Encouraging customers to leverage our online ecommerce capabilities and direct deliveries to their homes from our warehouses or stores.
We are all in this together. We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic closely and adjusting our business practices to align with CDC recommended guidelines.
Dear GameStop Customers:
The customer is at the core of everything we do, and in light of the World Health Organization declaring the coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic, our top priority is keeping our customers, associates and communities safe as we continue to closely monitor the situation.
We have assembled an internal COVID-19 taskforce dedicated solely to this issue and have instructed our associates to follow the procedures and guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help stem the spread of COVID-19.
In response, GameStop is taking the following steps:
- We are providing all our stores with the necessary supply of disinfectant materials and hand sanitizer to frequently clean high-touch surfaces to kill germs and ensure our stores are a safe environment for both our customers and store associates.
- All associates have been instructed to stay home if they are sick and are experiencing any flu-like symptoms related to COVID-19, no matter how mild, and until they have been cleared by a medical professional to return to work.
- We want to remind all customers to consult the CDC for COVID-19 symptom information and request that you follow recommended self-quarantine guidelines if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, no matter how mild. You can visit GameStop.com or the GameStop mobile app to make your video game purchases from the comfort of your home.
As we all adjust to the new precautionary measures that everyone is taking to help prevent the spread of this virus, we want to reassure you that your safety and well-being continues to be our top priority.
At GameStop, we take great pride in having the most passionate and knowledgeable store associates in the video game industry. We welcome you to visit any of our more than 5,400 global locations, but if you have any concerns, please know that our associates are only a phone call away to answer any gaming or collectible questions you may have.
To help simplify your shopping experience, we want to remind you to also visit GameStop.com or the GameStop mobile app, which offers Buy Online Pickup at Store to make your digital shopping experience seamless, personal and faster.
We are all in this together. That’s what makes the gaming community so strong and special. Thank you for being a valued customer and doing your part in helping our communities be a safer environment – game on.
Chief Executive Officer, GameStop