OFFICIAL RULES FOR "GAMESTOP® POWERUP REWARDS™ SWEEPSTAKES" FOR STAR WARS™ MAY THE 4TH
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. The "GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Sweepstakes" for STAR WARS™ May the 4th ("Sweepstakes") begins 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") April 23, 2014 and ends 11:59 PM ET May 21, 2014 ("Sweepstakes Period").
2. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. A minor should have his/her parent's or legal guardian's permission to enter.
3. You may enter the Sweepstakes in one of two (2) ways: (i) log into your GameStop® Rewards™ Member account (or, if not an existing PowerUp Rewards™ member, follow the instructions provided at http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/powerup/ to join). Then, redeem accrued points for entry into the Sweepstakes as follows: two hundred (200) points to receive one (1) entry; one thousand (1,000) points to receive seven (7) entries; or two thousand (2,000) points to receive fifteen (15) entries. The number of points redeemed for entry will be deducted from your GameStop account. No points will be refunded or credited to your GameStop account once redeemed. You will not be permitted to submit any number of entries into the Sweepstakes if you do not have the required number of points to redeem for entries into the Sweepstakes. Online entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET May 21, 2014 to be eligible via this method of entry. Or, (ii) to enter the Sweepstakes via mail without a GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Member account, hand-print on a 3" x 5" card your first and last name, date of birth, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number (including area code) and e-mail address (optional) and send in a stamped #10 envelope with proper postage affixed to: "GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Sweepstakes" for STAR WARS™ May the 4th, P.O. Box 982, Gainesville, VA 20156. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by May 21, 2014 and received by May 28, 2014 to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per outer envelope. Limit fifteen (15) entries per person, per household and per e-mail address per day, regardless of method of entry, provided you have the number of points in your account required for the number of entries submitted (in regards to online method of entry). The maximum number of entries attainable during the Sweepstakes Period per person is four hundred thirty-five (435). All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. If entries are received in excess of the stated limitation from any person or household or e-mail address on any day, regardless of method of entry, only the first fifteen (15) entries received from such person or household or e-mail address on that day will be eligible for entry. No mechanical reproductions or facsimiles of mail-in entries will be accepted and all such entries will be void. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account subscriber of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant and required to comply with these Official Rules and all requirements set forth herein. "Authorized account subscriber" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
4. A random drawing will be conducted on or about June 2, 2014 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Grand Prize (1): one (1) Life-Size Han Solo in Carbonite (stands 7ft. tall) (Estimated Retail Value ("ERV") $7,000.00). First Prize (1): one (1) Darth Vader Supreme Edition Adult Costume (standard size) (ERV $1,000.00). Second Prizes (4): one (1) Santa Cruz Limited Edition Star Wars™ Collection Skateboard Deck (design to be determined by Sponsor) (ERV $250.00 each). Third Prizes (4): one (1) Star Wars™ Limited Edition Street by 50™ On-Ear Wired Headphone (design to be determined by Sponsor) (ERV $199.00 each). Total ERV of all prizes combined is $9,796.00. Winners will be responsible for all taxes (including federal, state and local taxes) and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize not described herein as being awarded. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Limit one (1) prize per person and per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Employees of Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C. and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, retailers, distributors and suppliers, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
7. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone. If a potential winner is contacted by phone, Sponsor will make one (1) attempt to leave one (1) message. In the event that any e-mail to a potential winner is returned as undeliverable, any phone number provided by a potential winner is incorrect or no longer in service, a response to any given e-mail is not received within three (3) business days of date of its issuance or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Potential Grand and First Prize winners will, and potential Second and Third Prize winners may be required (or his/her parent/legal guardian if potential winner is a minor), in the sole discretion of the judges, to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release within fourteen (14) days of date of issuance of those documents or prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. If any winner is a minor or at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her state of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be required to comply with all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein. In the event any potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
8. By participating, entrants agree as follows: a) to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b) to the use of their names and/or likenesses and/or biographical data by Sponsor and its designees if selected as a winner for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any or all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification (except where prohibited by law); and c) THAT GAMESTOP, INC. ("SPONSOR"), TRYMARK CONSULTING GROUP, L.L.C., AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. PRIZES ARE AWARDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR ANY "IN THE BOX" WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED WITH A PRIZE. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable network, server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, points or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the tabulation of the number of points earned or redeemed, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials or for any damage to entrant's or other person's computer, hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are also not responsible for entries or mail that are illegible, lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or postage due, or garbled or delayed by computer transmissions and all such entries are void. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes or who are in violation of these Official Rules as solely determined by the judges will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Every entry must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual participant and repetitive automated electronic submission of entries is specifically disallowed. Use of script, macro or automated entry software or programs or any other means that subvert the entry process is prohibited and all such entries will be void. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or if Sweepstakes is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any entrant (and void his/her entry/ies) whose conduct potentially compromises the Sweepstakes and at its sole discretion, if terminated, to award the prizes from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the act requiring such termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9.As a condition of participating, entrant (And, IF AN ELIGIBLE MINOR, HIS/HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) agrees that a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out of pocket expenses, if any, and b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any compensation or credit to be provided, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, if any, AND in no event SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE attorneys' fees OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of without regard to its conflict of laws principles, with venue in Tarrant County, Texas. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS, CLASS LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. The names of the winners (available after June 30, 2014) and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: "GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Sweepstakes" for STAR WARS™ May the 4th - Winners/Rules (please specify which), P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156, for receipt no later than September 1, 2014. VT residents omit return postage on rules requests.
12. Sponsor: GameStop, Inc., 625 Westport Parkway, Grapevine, TX 76051.
Promoter: Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156.
Neither Disney Consumer Products, Inc. nor Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC nor any of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates are sponsors of the Sweepstakes and are not responsible for any obligations in connection with the Sweepstakes.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.