"GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Hitman® Life of an Assassin Sweepstakes"
SPONSORED BY GAMESTOP, INC.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The "GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Hitman® Life of an Assassin Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes") commences at 12:00 AM CT on October 18, 2012 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on December 4, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM CT on December 4, 2012. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Entrants must be at least 21 years of age at time of entry and possess a current, valid US driver's license and current, valid car insurance. Employees of GameStop, Inc. or its affiliated companies are eligible to enter Sweepstakes. GameStop, Inc., ("GameStop" or "Sponsor"), The Marketing Arm, Inc. ("Administrator"), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of Sweepstakes, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, together with the Sponsor and Administrator are herein referred to as ("Sweepstakes Entities"). By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (d) agree to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, injury or damages arising out of or relating to participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the use, misuse or redemption of the Prizes (hereinafter defined), and for any claim, including claims based on defamation, publicity rights and invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
4. To Enter: There are three (3) ways to enter Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) entry per entrant per each day of the Sweepstakes Period regardless of entry method.
1. Basic GameStop® PowerUp Rewards Members: In order to enter via this method, entrant must both pre-order a copy of the Hitman®: Absolution™ video game ("Order") from a participating GameStop® store ("Store") or online at www.gamestop.com during the Sweepstakes Period, and, if entrant ordered directly from a Store, entrant must also pick up that Order from the same Store during the Sweepstakes Period, then entrant will automatically receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. Entrant must transact with entrant's PowerUp Rewards Card to be eligible.
2. Pro GameStop® PowerUp Rewards Members: In order to enter via this method, entrant must both pre-order a copy of the Hitman®: Absolution™ video game ("Order") from a participating Store or online at www.gamestop.com during the Sweepstakes Period, and, if entrant ordered directly from a Store, entrant must also pick up that Order from the same Store during the Sweepstakes Period, then entrant will automatically receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. Entrant must transact with entrant's PowerUp Rewards Card to be eligible.
3. To Enter By Mail:No purchase necessary to enter via this method. Print your full name, phone number, email address and mailing address on a 3"x5" card, insert card in envelope, affix proper postage and mail to: The Marketing Arm Inc., Attention: "GameStop® PowerUp Rewards ™ Hitman® Life of an Assassin Sweepstakes", 1921 Gateway Drive, Irving, TX 75038. Each entry must be mailed separately.Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or postage due mail entries. Mail entries must be postmarked by December 4, 2012 and received by December 10, 2012.
If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than one (1) entry per day, only one (1) entry for that day will be considered. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the person who submitted a winning online entry, the "authorized account subscriber" of the e-mail account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account subscriber" for online entries is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) Prize will be awarded in the name of the primary account holder. Proof to Sponsor's satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be requested by Sponsor.
Entrants must be prepared between January and April of 2013 if they are selected as the Winner. Dates for travel are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. If potential Winner is not available, able or willing to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, Winner privileges will be terminated, the Prizes will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining Eligible Entries.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered "Eligible Entries ". All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Prizes: The one (1) Winner (hereinafter defined) will receive one trip for the Winner and one (1) guest of Winner ("Guest") to visit Frankfurt and Nurburg, Germany, Zurich and Interlaken, Switzerland and Rome, Italy, currently scheduled to take place on or about April 2013, but subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. The trip will include: (i) coach class air transportation for Winner and Guest which shall originate from an airport of Sponsor's choice near Winner's primary residence to Frankfurt, and then from Frankfurt to Zurich and then from Zurich to Rome, and then from Rome back to airport of origin, with an approximate retail value ("ARV") of $3,000; (ii) two (2) nights hotel accommodations in Frankfurt, one (1) night hotel accommodations in Nurburg, two (2) nights hotel accommodations in Zurich, one (1) night hotel accommodations in Interlaken, and two (2) nights hotel accommodations in Rome, each being one (1) room, based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, and other incidentals and costs are not included), ARV of $4,600; (iii) a Nurburgring Driving Experience for Winner and Guest at the Nurburgring "The Ring" Race Track in Nurburg, Germany, includes spending a day receiving training from the Nurburg Driving Academy to learn how to drive like the professionals and an opportunity for the Winner and Guest to drive on a real track, with an ARV of $1,200; (iv) a Switzerland skydiving experience for Winner and Guest wherein Winner and Guest will take part in a five (5) to six (6) hour ground school training session, a tandem jump one-on-one training session and one (1) tandem jump session accompanied by instructor. If cleared to jump without an instructor, one (1) single jump session for each the Winner and Guest, with an ARV of $2,000 (Certain weight restrictions apply to the awarding of this Prize. Sponsor may choose to provide cash value of prize if Winner does not meet applicable weight restrictions.) ; (v) train transportation to and from the Driving Experience and Skydiving Experience for Winner and Guest, with an ARV of $800; (vi) one (1) Pre-paid Visa gift card for Winner, with an ARV of $5,000; and (vii) $6,200 in cash for Winner, collectively ("Prize" or "Prizes"). The total ARV of the Prizes is $22,800.The ARVs are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment, and the time of travel and the distance between departure and Destination. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded. Winner and Guest must possess valid travel documents in order to travel. Any costs associated with obtaining the required travel documents are the responsibility of the Winner and Guest.
By participating in Sweepstakes, Winner (hereinafter defined) grants the right to Sponsor and Square Enix, Inc. to record, videotape and photograph the Winner ("Images"). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of Winner's personality and appearance, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: There will be one (1) Winner selected in a random drawing from among all of the Eligible Entries on or about December 15, 2012. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential Winner via the telephone number on file or provided at time of entry. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If the potential Winner cannot be reached directly, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining Eligible Entries received. If potential Winner otherwise is disqualified or becomes ineligible, Winner privileges will be terminated, the Prizes will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining Eligible Entries.
7. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared the Winner and to receive the Prizes, the potential Winner must sign and return to Sponsor and/or Administrator, within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Administrator or Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that: (a) releases Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner's participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prizes; (b) except where prohibited by law, a right that grants Sweepstakes Entities the right to use potential Winner's name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification; and (c) any other Prize participation waivers deemed necessary by Sponsor. In addition, Winner must be a licensed drier and must present a current, valid US driver's license and will be required to provide proof of insurance during Winner verification process and at time of Prize participation. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such releases. If potential Winner does not sign these releases and return it within the time frame specified, the potential Winner may be disqualified and the Prizes forfeited. When properly executed, and providing potential Winner is in compliance with the Official Rules, potential Winner will be determined to be the Sweepstakes winner ("Winner"). Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential Winner in a random drawing in the event that potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and/or Publicity Release documentation within the timeframe specified above.
Guest participating in Prize with Winner must be at least 21 years of age or older. In addition, Guest must be a licensed driver and must present a current, valid US driver's license and will be required to provide proof of insurance during Winner verification process and at time of Prize participation. Potential Winner will also be required to have Guest sign, a Liability/Publicity Release that must be returned along with the potential Winner's Affidavit of Eligibility/Publicity Release within three (3) days of issuance any other Prize participation waivers deemed necessary by Sponsor. If potential Winner and Guest do not sign these releases and any other documents provided by Administrator and Sponsor, with respect to the Prizes and return them within the time frame specified, the potential Winner will be disqualified and the Prizes forfeited. If Winner chooses not to take a Guest, then the Guest elements will be forfeited and the remaining elements shall constitute full satisfaction of the Prize. Winner and Guest must agree to comply with all venue rules and regulations and agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Prizes will be forfeited if the Winner or Guest fails to comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
By participating in Sweepstakes, Winner and Guest acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Winner and Guest will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, car, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prizes.
Winner and Guest must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Administrator or Sponsor with respect to the Prizes and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or Winner may forfeit Prizes at Sponsor's sole discretion.
8. Prize Terms The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be between January and April 2013, but subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value, as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prizes, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes, including, without limitation; meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, gratuities, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to hotel rooms, baggage fees, travel insurance, departure taxes and fees, any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes, are solely Winner's responsibility. THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES, INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY A PRIZE SUPPLIER THAT ARE SENT ALONG WITH THE PRIZES. ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF THE PRIZES WILL BE MADE BY SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR.
Winner must supply Administrator and/or Sponsor with his or her social security number for tax purposes. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of the Prizes granted if the actual value of the Prizes is over $600. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner's responsibility.
Sponsor will determine the airlines and hotels in its sole discretion. Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary. All travel dates are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. If Winner is not available, able or willing to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, Winner privileges will be terminated and an alternate Winner will be selected in a random drawing from the remaining Eligible Entries. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any damage to baggage or any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations necessitated by same. Winner and Guest must possess valid travel documents in order to travel.
9. General Terms Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor's sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the end date stated herein, notice will be posted on www.poweruprewards.com and the Prizes will be awarded to a Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after, if applicable, the time of modification, cancellation or termination. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during the Sweepstakes for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner's participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail entries, entries that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner, in the announcement of the Prizes and Winner, and the delivery of the Prizes, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT, AND ENTRANT'S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF ENTRANT IS A MINOR, AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (II) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED , SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLYâ€”WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTIONâ€”BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN IT SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION; AND (III) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS' FEES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Request for Name of Winner and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Winner must be made by February 4, 2013. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the name of the Winner and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Marketing Arm Inc., "GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Hitman® Life of an Assassin Sweepstakes", #140, 233 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452; and (ii) write "Winners List" and/or "Official Rules" as applicable on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
11. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by GameStop, Inc., 625 Westport Parkway, Grapevine, Texas 76051.
12. Administered by: This Sweepstakes is administered by The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201.
Square Enix, Inc., and its affiliates and subsidiaries are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes. Square Enix's name and logo and/or materials are used for purposes of promotion and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Square Enix's sponsorship of this Sweepstakes.