"GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Dark Souls II Sweepstakes"
SPONSORED BY GAMESTOP, INC.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, GUAM AND PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Entry Period: The "GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Dark Souls II Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes") commences at 12:00 AM CT on March 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on March 31, 2014 ("Sweepstakes Period"). All entries must be received or postmarked by March 31, 2014. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico. Entrants must be at least 17 years of age at time of entry and possess a current, valid driver's license and current, valid car insurance. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside ("Minors") must obtain parental or legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter Sweepstakes. Employees of GameStop, Inc., or its affiliated companies (other than those employees that are residents of Puerto Rico) are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Residents of Puerto Rico that are employees of GameStop, Inc., or its affiliated companies, are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. GameStop, Inc., ("GameStop"or "Sponsor"), The Marketing Arm, Inc. ("Administrator"), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of Sweepstakes, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, together with the Sponsor and Administrator are herein referred to as ("Sweepstakes Entities"). By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he or she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules; (d) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (e) agree to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, injury or damages arising out of or relating to participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the use, misuse or redemption of the Prizes (hereinafter defined), and for any claim, including claims based on defamation, publicity rights and invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
3. To Enter: There are four (4) ways to enter Sweepstakes. There is a limit of a total of seventeen (17) entries per entrant per each day of the Sweepstakes Period regardless of entry method. These seventeen (17) entries can be achieved via one or a combination of the below entry methods. Entry limitations associated with an entry method, if any, are specified below.
1. GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Basic Members: In order to be able to participate via this method, entrant must either: (i) make a purchase transaction in-store at GameStop or online at www.gamestop.com during Sweepstakes Period and receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes; OR (ii) make a trade transaction in-store at GameStop during Sweepstakes Period and receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. Entrant must transact or trade with entrant's PowerUp Rewards™ Card to be eligible. Limit of one (1) entry per day via methods (i) or (ii) above.
2. GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Pro Members: In order to be able to participate via this method, entrant must either: (i) make a purchase transaction in-store at GameStop or online at www.gamestop.com during Sweepstakes Period and receive two (2) entries into Sweepstakes; OR (ii) make a trade transaction in-store at GameStop during Sweepstakes Period and receive two (2) entries into Sweepstakes. Entrant must transact or trade with entrant's PowerUp Rewards™ Card to be eligible. Limit two (2) entries per day via methods (i) or (ii) above.
3. To Enter by Spending GameStop® PowerUp Reward Points: In order to be able to participate via this method, entrant must: (i) log onto their GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Member account; and (ii) select the Sweepstakes reward item and follow the links and instructions to debit entrant's PowerUp Reward Point Account. Entrant will then automatically receive the pre-selected number of entries into the Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, 200 PowerUp Reward Points are the equivalent of one (1) Sweepstakes entry, 1,000 PowerUp Reward Points are the equivalent of seven (7) entries and 2,000 PowerUp Reward Points are the equivalent of 15 entries. Limit fifteen (15) entries per day via this entry method.
4. To Enter by Mail: No purchase is necessary to enter via this method. Print your full name, phone number, email address and mailing address on a 3"x5" card, insert card in envelope, affix proper postage and mail to: The Marketing Arm Inc., Attention: "GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Dark Souls II Sweepstakes ", 1921 Gateway Drive, Irving, TX 75038. Each entry must be mailed separately. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or postage due mail entries. Mail entries must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and received by April 5, 2014.
If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than seventeen (17) entries per day, only seventeen (17) entries will be considered for that day. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the person who submitted a winning entry by purchase or spending rewards points via a GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Member account, the "authorized account owner" of the GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Member account used for that transaction will be deemed to be the entrant. Proof to Sponsor's satisfaction of being the authorized account owner may be requested by Sponsor.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered "Eligible Entries". All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the total number of Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Many will enter. Only one will win.
4. Prize: The one (1) Winner will receive: (i) one (1) Dark Souls II custom 2014 Scion xB car (This is a street legal car with modifications and graphics), with an approximate retail value ("ARV") of $50,340; and a check for $5,000, collectively ("Prize" or "Prizes"). The total ARV of the Prize is $55,340.
The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
The depiction of the Prize vehicle in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual Prize vehicle delivered to the Prize Winner. Sponsor will determine all features of Prize vehicle including, but not limited to, color of exterior and interior, and all other features or upgrades will be allowed only if permitted by delivery dealer and paid for by Winner. Winner must be a licensed driver and will be required to provide proof of valid driver's license and legally-required insurance at time of delivery (or an alternative Winner shall be selected if applicable and the original Winner's rights to the Prize vehicle shall be automatically forfeited). Winner is responsible for title, applicable taxes, license, registration, auto insurance and other fees associated with Prize vehicle. Sponsor shall not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with the Prizes provided pursuant to the Sweepstakes and/or any person's participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of the Prize vehicle, and delivery is subject to availability. The Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the Prize vehicle after it has been delivered to the specified delivery site. The Winner must personally retrieve the Prize vehicle within thirty (30) days of written notification of delivery. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except as provided herein at the Sponsor' sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all taxes and other costs and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use not specified herein as being awarded.
By participating in Sweepstakes, the Winner (hereinafter defined) grants the right to Sponsor to record, videotape and photograph the Winner ("Images"). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of the Winner's personality and appearance, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
5. Winner Selection and Notification: The one (1) Winner will be selected by Administrator in a random drawing from among all of the Eligible Entries on or about April 21, 2014. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential Winner via the telephone number provided at time of entry or entrant's GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™Account if applicable or email if no phone number is provided. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If a potential Winner cannot be reached directly, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining Eligible Entries received. If a potential Winner otherwise is disqualified or becomes ineligible, Winner privileges will be terminated, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining Eligible Entries. The Prize, or Prize documents, will be delivered to Winner's residence, or some other address as may be requested by Winner, on or about May 5, 2014.
6. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared the Winner and to receive the Prize, the potential Winner must confirm acceptance of the Prize within three (3) days of being notified of being a potential Winner, and must sign (his or her parent/legal guardian if potential Winner is a Minor), and return to Sponsor and/or Administrator, within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Administrator or Sponsor, (which will be sent to potential Winner via email) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that: (a) releases Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner's participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a right that grants Sweepstakes Entities the right to use potential Winner's name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. In addition, Winner must be a licensed driver and must present a current, valid driver's license and will be required to provide proof of insurance during Winner verification process and at time of delivery of Prize. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such release. If potential Winner does not sign this release (his or her parent/legal guardian if potential Winner is a Minor) and return it within the time frame specified, the potential Winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited. When properly executed, and providing potential Winner is in compliance with the Official Rules, potential Winner will be determined to be the Sweepstakes winner ("Winner"). Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential Winner in a random drawing in the event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and/or Publicity Release documentation within the time frame specified above.
7. Prize Terms: The date for fulfillment of the Prize will be on or about May 1, 2014 but subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value, as set forth in these Official Rules (subject to compliance with applicable law). No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a Winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prize, including, without limitation, taxes, title, license, registration, dealer preparation costs and auto insurance, and any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes, are solely Winner's responsibility. THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED "AS IS". ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES, INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY A PRIZE SUPPLIER THAT ARE SENT ALONG WITH THE PRIZES. ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF THE PRIZES WILL BE MADE BY SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR.
Winner must supply Administrator and/or Sponsor with his or her social security number for tax purposes. For a Winner residing in the United States or the District of Columbia, an IRS Form 1099 will be issues in the name of the Winner for the actual value of the Prizes granted if the actual value of the Prizes is over $600. If Winner resides in Guam or Puerto Rico they will be issued forms specific for their jurisdictions with duplicates sent to the applicable taxing authorities. If the Winner is an employee of Sponsor, the Prize value is taxable compensation to Winner and will be included in Winner's gross income and subject to applicable federal, state, local and other payroll taxes which will be withheld from the Winner's regular pay. Compensation and related payroll tax withholding will be reported to Winner on IRS Form W-2. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner's responsibility.
8. General Terms: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor's sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes (subject to compliance with applicable law). If the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the end date stated herein, notice will be posted on https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/PUR/Enter/EpicRewardMar14 and the Prize will be awarded to a Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after, if applicable, the time of modification, cancellation or termination. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during the Sweepstakes for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes (subject to compliance with applicable law).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner's participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail entries, entries that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner, in the announcement of the Prize and Winner, and the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT, AND ENTRANT'S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF ENTRANT IS A MINOR, AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (II) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED , SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY—WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION—BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN IT SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION; AND (III) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS' FEES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Winner must be made by May 31, 2014. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the name of the Winner and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Marketing Arm Inc., "GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ Dark Souls II Sweepstakes", #140, 233 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452; and (ii) write "Winners List" and/or "Official Rules" on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
10. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by GameStop, Inc., 625 Westport Parkway, Grapevine, Texas 76051. Email – email@example.com.
11. Administered by: This Sweepstakes is administered by The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201.
DARK SOULSTMII & ©2012 NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. ©2011-2012 FromSoftware, Inc. NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc., its affiliates, and FromSoftware, Inc. are not sponsors of this promotion.
The Scion brand and model names are trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation. Toyota Motor Corporation and Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico who are at least 17 years of age, excluding employees of Sponsor that reside in Puerto Rico
Commences on March 1, 2014 and ends on March 31, 2014
Subject to Official Rules at
.For alternate method of entry, prize description and odds of winning see Official Rules.
Sponsor: GameStop, Inc., 625 Westport Parkway, Grapevine, TX 76051
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW