GAMESTOP "SEASON'S TWEETINGS" PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR. The GameStop "Season's Tweetings" Promotion (the "Promotion") is sponsored by GameStop, Inc. , 625 Westport Parkway, Grapevine, TX, 76051 ("Sponsor"). The Promotion is administered by Fanscape, 360 N La Cienega Blvd 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90048 ("Administrator").
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open only to current legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Promotion and not a minor in their state or province of primary residence at the time of entry ("Entrant"). There is no cost to enter or win. The Promotion is void where prohibited by law. Employees, shareholders, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, and any other person or entity associated with the development or administration of this Promotion (collectively, "Promotion Entities"), members of their immediate families, including spouses, children, siblings and parents, and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
3. TIMING. A new contest will launch each day from December 4, 2009, through December 31, 2009. Each day a new contest will begin at 12:01 am CST (the "Start Time") and end at 11:59 pm CST (the "Deadline").
4. HOW TO ENTER. There are two ways to enter:
(a) Twitter to Enter: You must be a registered user of Twitter® (www.twitter.com) to participate in the Promotion. If you are not a registered user of Twitter®, simply visit https://twitter.com/signup to register, which is free. Qualified Entrants will then be required to follow the instructions of the daily contest tweets and either re-tweet the required text or answer the specified question, making certain to include the specified hashtag in their reply ("Tweet Entry"). If you make or receive tweets on your mobile phone, standard text messaging rates will apply. In order to participate in the Promotion without receiving tweets on your mobile phone, be sure to deactivate your mobile phone from your Twitter® account. LIMIT: ONE (1) TWITTER ENTRY PER PERSON OR TWITTER ACCOUNT PER DAY. Any attempted form of entry into the Promotion other than as described herein is void. Twitter Entries from the same person and/or Twitter® account in excess of the number stated herein will be disqualified. Any attempt by an Entrant to use multiple Twitter® accounts may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Sponsor. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents will void all entries by that Entrant.
(b) Entry by Mail: Legibly handprint your First Name, Last Name, Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State, Zip, Phone Number (including area code), Email Address, and Date of Birth on a standard sized postcard (no larger than 5" x 7"), enclosed in a postage-paid envelope and mail it to: GameStop "Season's Tweetings" Promotion – Daily Contest Date (specify which date you want to be entered), 360 N La Cienega Blvd 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90048 ("Alternate Entry"). LIMIT ONE (1) ALTERNATE ENTRY PER PERSON PER DAY. One Alternate Entry per outer mailing envelope. To be eligible for a particular daily contest, your Alternate Entry labeled with that particular Daily Contest Date must be received no later than that daily contest day (the following business day if a holiday or Sunday). Please allow several days for mail delivery.
YOU CAN ONLY ENTER A PARTICULAR DAILY CONTEST BY TWITTER ENTRY OR ALTERNATE ENTRY. YOU CANNOT USE BOTH METHODS OF ENTRY TO ENTER THE SAME DAILY CONTEST. ENTRANTS WHO ENTER PARTICULAR DAILY CONTESTS BY TWITTER ENTRY AND ALTERNATE ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THAT DAILY CONTEST. MULTIPLE ENTRIES OF ANY KIND IN EXCESS OF THE LIMITS STATED HEREIN WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Neither Sponsor or Administrator is responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, corrupted, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Any attempted participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void.
5. OFFICIAL RULES. Participation in the Promotion constitutes full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules by the Entrant. An additional copy of these Official Rules by which all Entrants are bound may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GameStop "Season's Tweetings" Official Rules, 360 N La Cienega Blvd 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90048 to be received no later than December 31, 2009. The Official Rules will also be posted at www.gamestop.com/tweetings.
6. PRIZES. There will be one (1) grand prize available to be won each day, with a total of twenty eight (28) awarded by the conclusion of the promotion. The total approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes is approximately $2,994.76. The prizes include the following: Three (3) $25 GameStop gift cards, ARV: $25.00 each; two (2) $60 GameStop gift cards, ARV: $60.00 each; one (1) Assassin's Creed 2 for PlayStation 3, ARV: $59.99; one (1) Batman: Arkham Asylum for Xbox 360, ARV: $59.99; one (1) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for PlayStation 3, ARV: $59.99; one (1) Demon's Souls for PlayStation 3, ARV: $59.99; one (1) DJ Hero Renegade Edition for Xbox 360, ARV: $199.99; one (1) Guitar Hero 5 for PlayStation 3, ARV: $59.99; one (1) Halo 3: ODST for Xbox 360, ARV: $59.99; one (1) Left 4 Dead 2 for Xbox 360, ARV: $59.99; one (1) Madden NFL 10 for Xbox 360, ARV: $59.99; one (1) Nintendo DSi video game console, ARV: $169.99; three (3) Prize pack with Nintendo Wii video game console and $25 GameStop gift card, ARV: $194.99 each; one (1) Nintendo Wii video game console, ARV: $199.99; one (1) Prototype for Xbox 360, ARV: $59.99; one (1) PlayStation 3 video game console, ARV: $299.99; one (1) Prize pack with PlayStation 3 Eye and Blu-Ray Remote Control, ARV: $64.98; one (1) Rock Band Lego for Nintendo Wii, ARV: $49.99; one (1) SingStar ABBA for PlayStation 3, ARV: $39.99; one (1) The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Bundle for Xbox 360, ARV: $249.99; one (1) Xbox 360 video game console, ARV: $299.99; one (1) Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Gold Card, ARV: $49.99; and one (1) X-Men Origins: Wolverine for Xbox 360, ARV: $59.99
12/04/09 – Grand Prize #1
12/05/09 – Grand Prize #2
12/06/09 – Grand Prize #3
12/07/09 – Grand Prize #4
12/08/09 – Grand Prize #5
12/09/09 – Grand Prize #6
12/10/09 – Grand Prize #7
12/11/09 – Grand Prize #8
12/12/09 – Grand Prize #9
12/13/09 – Grand Prize #10
12/14/09 – Grand Prize #11
12/15/09 – Grand Prize #12
12/16/09 – Grand Prize #13
12/17/09 – Grand Prize #14
12/18/09 – Grand Prize #15
12/19/09 – Grand Prize #16
12/20/09 – Grand Prize #17
12/21/09 – Grand Prize #18
12/22/09 – Grand Prize #19
12/23/09 – Grand Prize #20
12/24/09 – Grand Prize #21
12/25/09 – Grand Prize #22
12/26/09 – Grand Prize #23
12/27/09 – Grand Prize #24
12/28/09 – Grand Prize #25
12/29/09 – Grand Prize #26
12/30/09 – Grand Prize #27
12/31/09 – Grand Prize #28
All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each grand prize winner. In the event a winner is unable to accept the prize, an alternate winner will be selected by the Sponsor. All details and other restrictions of prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitutions may be made, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with another prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value whether due to the unavailability of a prize or prize component, or for any other reason. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, local and/or any other applicable taxes and/or other costs and expenses associated with accepting, redeeming and/or using a prize which are not specifically mentioned herein. Without limitation, except where legally prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner's consent for Sponsor to use the winner's name and address (city & state) for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity relating to the Promotion only, without additional compensation.
7. SELECTION OF WINNERS. At the conclusion of each contest, one winner will be selected at random using an independent auto-generated selection process available at http://www.random.org/integers/ and determined to be the potential grand prize winner for the day's contest, subject to verification of winner eligibility. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding. Limit one (1) prize per person/household during the Promotion.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION. Each potential winner will be notified within approximately two (2) weeks of the end of the day's contest. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, and/or if his/her prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected (at Sponsor's sole discretion) from all eligible entries received. A potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A potential winner is not an official and confirmed winner until he/she has completed, signed and returned all required documentation, including, but not limited to, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) and Liability Waiver, and the eligibility of the potential winner has been verified. Each potential winner must complete and return all necessary forms. Forms must be received within thirty (30) days after notification of winning. If a potential winner does not complete all forms necessary within the time given, he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be chosen at Sponsor's discretion. Promotion Entities are not responsible for documents not received within the required timeframe. All decisions of Sponsor and/or its designees shall be binding and final
9. CONDITIONS: Limit one prize per person, family or household address. Participants agree that the Promotion Entities are not responsible for any: (a) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, forged, incomplete, illegible, or garbled entries; (b) telephone, computer, hardware, software, programming, or network malfunction or other technical failures or errors, or the failure to properly process entries; (c) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Promotion Entities, including but not limited to disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug or non-authorized intervention; or (d) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer from such person's access to the Website whether human, mechanical or electronic. If such malfunction, error, disruption or damage occurs, and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Promotion, the Promotion Administrator may, in its sole discretion, modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion by posting a notice on the Website. If the Promotion is terminated before the end date, Promotion Administrator may determine winners from all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion or whom Promotion Administrator believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified. Participants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any claim, injury, loss or damage of any kind to any person, including without limitation disability and death, any contractual, intellectual or other proprietary rights, and any damage or loss to property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or participation in this Promotion, or any Promotion related activity.
10. DISPUTES. THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, each participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Texas, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive; incidental; or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. 11. WINNER'S LIST. For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GameStop "Season's Tweetings" Promotion Winners' List Request, 360 N La Cienega Blvd 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90048.