We value our customers and are committed to providing quality support when things don’t go as planned.
You have 30 days from your in-store purchase or receipt of shipment to exchange or return, unless noted in our exceptions. You can return most items in-store, online or by calling our customer service at 1-800-883-8895. To process your return, please provide your in-store receipt or GameStop.com order number. We will refund the purchase price and applicable taxes and fees to the original form of payment or provide a replacement.
GameStop reserves the right to limit, or decline returns or exchanges regardless of whether the customer has a receipt. All returns require a receipt or a GameStop.com order number. Refunds issued for lost items are subject to recharge if GameStop can verify delivery or frequent abuse. All decisions regarding returns are subject to applicable laws. GameStop retains final authority to accept or decline any item that is eligible for return. Under no circumstance will GameStop accept return of an ineligible item. GameStop may, in its sole discretion, refuse return of an item it deems to present a potential health or safety risk to any individual.
GameStop also reserves the right to close GameStop.com accounts, or to cancel or refuse orders or returns for violations or abuse of our returns policy, or any fraudulent activities relating to returns.
Below are exceptions to the general thirty (30) day rule. All the exceptions listed below require the merchandise be returned with a receipt or a GameStop.com order number.
- Products or services purchased while on sale or through special promotions may be subject to additional restrictions and may not be eligible for refunds or exchanges.
- Electronics (including, but not limited to, gaming hardware and software, laptops, phones and tablets, smartwatches, monitors, security systems, and wireless routers) must be returned unopened within 30 days of in-store purchase or receipt of shipment in order to qualify for a refund or exchange. Any non-defective electronics that are not returned in their original unopened packaging will not be eligible for a refund or exchange.
- Orders shipped from GameStop.com over $500.00 cannot be returned in-store.
- Defective products, including opened electronics that are defective, may be returned within 30 days of in-store purchase or receipt of shipment in order to qualify for a refund or exchange.
- Pre-owned software must be returned within seven (7) days of in-store purchase or receipt of shipment in order to qualify for a refund or exchange.
- Digital content, Gift Cards, Point of Sale Activation ("POSA"), Trading Cards and products containing Trading Cards such as Pokémon, and Yu-Gi-Oh! are not eligible for return.
- A Pro Member may cancel their Membership and receive a full refund within 2 days of purchase of the Membership if the Member has not used any of the Pro benefits, including earning points or discounts, subject to certain conditions. Learn more here.
- Our refund policy for our product replacement plan and can be found here.
- Customers that participate in a “buy now pay later” offering, such as those offered by PayPal, Zip, Klarna or Sezzle, in connection with the purchase of any product, shall be entitled to a refund for such product in accordance with the other terms of this Return Policy, but will continue to be obligated to make any remaining payments owing in connection with the terms of such buy now pay later arrangement.
- Refunds of payments made in connection with Xbox All Access can be completed for the balance paid only. Any refunds will be provided in the form of a check from Citizens One financing. Please note, that since Game Pass Ultimate is included as a monthly subscription in this bundle, this content is non-refundable. Exchanges are available for the same model of the console for 30 days under GameStop’s standard exchange policy and under the Microsoft Warranty for up to one year.
- Purchases made with installment payments via Klarna may be refunded to the customer pursuant to this policy. However, any such refund will not affect the customer’s obligation to make installment payments to Klarna.