Garmin Instinct 2 Solar Smartwatch
- Go longer than ever with solar charging that gives you unlimited battery life in smartwatch mode (assuming all-day wear with 3 hours per day outside in 50,000 lux conditions)
- Rugged GPS smartwatch is water-rated to 100 meters and thermal- and shock resistant with fiber-reinforced polymer case and scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® glass
- Built-in sports apps to take on running, biking, swimming, strength training and more; plus, VO2 Max and other training features
- Live the ultimate connected life with smart notifications and Connect IQ compatibility when paired with your compatible smartphone.
- Track your adventures with the built-in 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter, plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo)
- Understand your body better with all-day health monitoring features that track your heart rate, sleep, Pulse Ox, respiration and more (Pulse Ox not available in all countries. This device is intended to give an estimation of your activity and metrics; it is not a medical device)
- Extend your battery life and your time doing what you love using the power manager to see how settings and sensors impact your watch’s battery life and make changes on the fly
- Battery life: unlimited in smartwatch mode (with solar charging (assuming all-day wear with 3 hours per day outside in 50,000 lux conditions)) and up to 48 hours in GPS mode (with solar charging (assuming 50,000 lux conditions))
- Compatible with Xero®, Astro®/Alpha® and inReach® products to further enhance tracking, navigating and communicating in the wild
Whatever you do, own it with the Instinct® 2/2S series of rugged GPS smartwatches. They're tough enough to keep up with you and unique enough to fit your style. Whatever you do, own it with Instinct® 2 Solar. This rugged GPS smartwatch is tough enough to keep up with you and unique enough to fit your style. Plus, solar charging gives you unlimited battery life in smartwatch mode (assuming all-day wear with 3 hours per day outside in 50,000 lux conditions) so you can take on life’s unlimited possibilities.
Whatever you do, own it with Instinct® 2 Solar. This rugged GPS smartwatch is tough enough to keep up with you and unique enough to fit your style. Plus, solar charging gives you unlimited battery life in smartwatch mode (assuming all-day wear with 3 hours per day outside in 50,000 lux conditions) so you can take on life’s unlimited possibilities. Do more of what you love with preloaded activity profiles for running, biking, swimming, strength training and more. When paired with a compatible smartphone, you even can stay connected to what matters to you with smart notifications, Garmin Pay™ and Connect IQ™ compatibility. Understand your body better with all-day health monitoring for energy levels, stress, sleep, Pulse Ox and much more (Pulse Ox not available in all countries. This device is intended to give an estimation of your activity and metrics; it is not a medical device).
|Vendor Part Number||010-02627-10|
|Vendor Part Number||010-02627-10|
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this product?
Share your thought with the community
Top Customer Reviews
I have c this for about a month and love the health tracking and overall excervise features. I do find downloading hiking trails way to n difficult.
A full download in plain language should be available. The device was a present, as I'm 73 this should be more user friendly.
Coming from the FitBit world, I’m shocked at how complicated it has been to set up my Instinct2 solar watch. The multiple buttons on the watch are not at all intuitive. I consider myself pretty tech savvy and I’m pretty frustrated. The watch is attractive and has so many capabilities- now if only I could figure out and then REMEMBER how to access them!
Great idea for a watch, and very nice features....but very poor software. Out of the box, solar graph clears every time minute change on the watch. Sometimes it get random restarts. After upgrade it is much better (even solar graph started to work), but you shouldn't count on soft update to get working watch out from the box.
I bought the Instinct 2 Solar to replace my 735 XT, which I had used happily for triathlon training and racing for many years. When it looked like the 735 might not last much longer, and I saw that it was discontinued, I looked for a replacement. I had received an email from Garmin touting the Instinct 2 and decided to buy it just over a month ago for the following reasons: 1. Better battery life plus solar charging. 2. More rugged. 3. More accurate GPS. The battery life is indeed better and it recharges very quickly, but I am not convinced that it would last 29 days without GPS usage. After such a short time I can't judge how rugged it is or how accurate the GPS, but I am willing to believe those claims. A pleasant surprise is that the Instinct 2 pairs with my smart bike trainer. I have been using the timer for ice treatments and stretching and the sleep monitoring functions, which I did not do with the 735. Like the 735 and maybe all such watches, the Instinct 2 does not do a great job counting laps in the pool; it always misses a few turns, understating the distance and distorting the overall statistics. My only real complaint is that with its abundance of features I personally do not need, it is a bit more complicated to use than the 735 for simple workouts. Also, the display is harder to read during a run or pool swim during rest through swim goggles) with the tiny numbers in the small circle in the upper right-hand corner. I liked the 735 display better, even though the Instinct 2 has more pixels. To accommodate all the features, Garmin has added a third button on the left side of the watch; since that reduces the spacing, it is harder to change screens during a run. They also added a function to enable or disable the lap key, essential when doing interval workouts or measuring distances along a hiking route. I could not figure out why I could not measure laps until I called the always super-helpful Garmin support team, who told me about this function, which is inexplicably not included in the full-length manual. In summary, I love being able to record and view all my training statistics with this watch, and am getting used to accessing the functions I need, but it is not a perfect 5 for the reasons mentioned above.