What is Chromecast?
Chromecast is a media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Simply use your phone, tablet, or laptop to cast your favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports, games, and more to your TV.
What is “casting”?
When you press the Cast button, your device sends your content request to the cloud, which then sends it to the TV. This means your content will stream directly from the cloud without draining your battery; so you can continue to use your device as normal. Send a text, take a call, or even leave the room without interrupting what's playing on screen.
What devices work with Chromecast?
Chromecast works with iPhone®, iPad®, Android phone or tablet, Mac® or Windows® laptop, or Chromebook. Full compatibility info available at chromecast.com.
- Use your device as your remote - With Chromecast, your device is your remote. Just tap the Cast button to start playing content on the TV. Then use your device to search, browse, queue, and control Chromecast from anywhere in the house. Make your screen a dynamic backdrop when not casting When you're not casting anything, you can turn your TV screen into a beautiful backdrop. Display personal photos, news and weather, famous works of art, curated satellite imagery, news headlines, and much more.
- Enjoy thousands of Cast-enabled apps - Access TV shows, movies, songs, radio, sports, games, and more through your favorite Cast-enabled apps* like Spotify, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, HBO GO, Watch ESPN and more. Discover more at chromecast.com/apps.
- Discover more with the Chromecast app - Easily browse content across all your favorite apps, explore new recommendations, and use voice search to find movies, TV shows, actors and more. Plus, it's your central place for finding the latest on new apps, offers, and features added to your Chromecast. Download it from Google Play and the App Store.
- Mirror your compatible Android phone screen or Chrome browser - For those times when you can't cast content, you can display exactly what's on your compatible Android phone or tablet on the TV, including apps that aren't Cast-enabled. You can also mirror your laptop's Chrome browser to the TV to share photos, websites, and more.
- Allow friends and family to Cast or play games using their own phone or tablet - Chromecast makes it easy to get your friends and family in on the action. Guest mode lets others control Chromecast without connecting to your WiFi network. You can even play games with everybody using their own phone or tablet as the controller!
- Make your screen a dynamic backdrop when not casting - When you're not casting anything, you can turn your TV screen into a beautiful backdrop. Display personal photos, news and weather, famous works of art, curated satellite imagery, news headlines, and much more.