Valve Index PC Virtual Reality HMD Full Kit Refurbished V003683-20
Product Replacement Plan
- Displays - Dual 1440 x 1600 LCDs, full RGB per pixel, ultra-low persistence global backlight illumination (0.330ms at 144Hz)
- Framerate - 80/90/120/144Hz
- Optics - Double element, canted lens design
- Field of View (FOV) - Optimized eye relief adjustment allows a typical user experience 20% more than the HTC Vive
- Inter-pupillary Distance (IPD) - 58mm - 70mm range physical adjustment
- Ergonomic Adjustments - Head size, eye relief (FOV), IPD, speaker positions. Rear cradle adapter included.
- Connections - 5m tether, 1m breakaway trident connector. USB 3.0, DisplayPort 1.2, 12V power
- Tracking - SteamVR 2.0 sensors, compatible with SteamVR 1.0 and 2.0 base stations
- Audio - Built-in: 37.5mm off-ear Balanced Mode Radiators (BMR), Frequency Response: 40Hz - 24KHz, Impedance: 6 Ohm, SPL: 98.96 dBSPL at 1cm.Aux Headphone Out 3.5mm
- Microphone - Dual Microphone Array, Frequency response: 20Hz - 24kHz, Sensitivity: -25dBFS/Pa @ 1kHz
- Cameras - Stereo 960 x 960 pixel, global shutter, RGB (Bayer)
- NOTE - PC compatible with Valve Index is required
Interact with your environment, objects, and people just like you do in the real world. Valve Index® Controllers combine complex sensor inputs to give you smarter hands in VR, unlocking a wide variety of new interactions, experiences, and gestures.
Refurbished by GameStop
- This refurbished Valve Index VR kit has been carefully tested at GameStop’s refurbishment operations facility and is guaranteed to work.
- May not include original box or manual
- Pictured item may not represent condition received
- If you are not completely satisfied, simply return the product within 30 days for your money back.
- Product Replacement Plan available
Visual clarity isn’t just about panel resolution. Multiple attributes contribute to how clearly and comfortably you see details in VR.
Optimized pixel layout
The headset's dual 1440x1600 RGB LCDs provide 50% more subpixels than OLED, resulting in greater sharpness for the same rendering cost. In addition, the fill-factor is three times better than OLED, greatly reducing “screen door” effect.
Higher frame rates
The Valve Index® Headset runs at 120Hz with full back-compatibility to 90Hz, as well as an experimental 144Hz mode. Higher framerates improve realism and optical comfort, allowing longer and more comfortable play sessions.
Extremely low persistence
Valve Index displays have a reduced illumination period of 0.330ms to 0.530ms (framerate dependent), allowing imagery to remain just as sharp when your head is in motion as when you're standing still. This is a 5x improvement over first-generation PC VR HMDs.
Fine-tuned lenses offer the sharpest, widest view across the eye's full range of travel.
Optimized for FOV
The best way to improve field of view is to position the optics as close as possible to the eyes. Physically adjustable IPD (distance between eyes) and eye relief (distance from lens to eye) lets you optimize the field of view for your face. With these features, as well as the dual-element lens and canted optics, this headset provides 20° more FOV than the HTC Vive for typical users.
The custom lenses built into the Valve Index Headset maximize field of view without sacrificing edge-to-edge clarity. High geometric stability allows you to look around the scene by moving your eyes (not just your head) with minimal shape distortion.
Instead of a mount perpendicular to the user’s eyes, the headset’s displays cant outward by 5 degrees. This improves outer FOV while balancing the inner FOV.
Valve Index® Controllers
Natural, direct input
Valve Index Controllers let you reach out and grab an object directly, rather than relying on abstractions like triggers. Hold up two fingers to make the peace sign, or drop objects by just opening your hand - just like in real life.
Each controller uses 87 sensors to track hand position, finger position, motion, and pressure to determine user intent. All of these signals, combined with fine-tuned software and algorithms, give us a better understanding of how a player is holding and using the controllers.
Enabling natural and accurate open-handed throwing was a high priority for the team, and we used every sensor at our disposal. Optical and motion sensors provide velocity and trajectory, capacitive and force sensors help determine the intended release point, and our fine-tuned algorithms and software bring it all together into a usable input / output. The end result is an intuitive and natural-feeling throw.
Sub-millimeter resolution to capture every gesture.
Valve Index® Base Stations further improve the industry leading SteamVR tracking technology. Fixed lasers sweep 100 times a second to track photonic sensors on the headset and controllers. This ensures the highest resolution (sub-millimeter) experiences across all postures and actions without fear of occlusion.
- Integrated Headphones
- Headset Cable
- Headset Connection Cable with DisplayPort 1.2 and USB 3.0 Connections
- Headset Power Supply
- Regionalized Headset Power Adapter(s)
- Headset Cradle Adapter (for smaller heads)
- Headset Face Gasket
- 2 Controllers, Left and Right
- 2 Controller Lanyards
- 2 USB Controller Charging Cables
- 2 SteamVR 2.0 Base Stations
- 2 15 ft (4.5 m) Base Station Power Cables
- 2 Base Station Stands with Mounting Hardware
- Regionalized Base Station Power Adapter Plug(s)
Minimum system requirements:
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Dual Core with Hyper-Threading
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, AMD RX480
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Available DisplayPort (Version 1.2) and USB (2.0+) Port Required
Recommended system requirements:
- Processor: Quad Core +
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or better
- Available USB (3.0+) Port Required for Headset Pass-Through Camera & USB Port Support
|Operating System||Windows 10|
Shipping and Compliance
|Connectivity||Broadband Internet connection|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this product?
Share your thought with the community
Top Customer Reviews
The Index kit shipped and arrived in 4 days to NC. It was boxed very well and inside the shipping box was the original index box. Inside the index box every part was packaged like it was brand new. All the paper instructions were there. Everything that needed plastic covers to prevent shipping scratches were in place. Also the power cables, power adapters and other items came in their own valve index separate box’s inside of the main box just like a brand new unit. If it didn’t have the GameStop refurbished sticker sealing the box I would have thought this unit was brand new! It even came with screws and drywall anchors to mount the base stations ! I have setup and played the Index for a total of 6 hours before this review and have not had one single problem!
We are glad everything worked out perfectly and delivery went well! We aim for 100% customer satisfaction. Thank you for leaving your honest review, we really appreciate it!
I haven't had a ton of time with the Index yet, but I was very impressed with this refurbished version of the kit. When I ordered it I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from something that may have been worn on other peoples heads, but I am unable to distinguish this refurbished unit from what I would expect of anew one.
Ordered 4 Jun, delivered 9 Jun. Clear packing tape had resealed the original Index box. All items present, all in working order, no issues. Only 30 day replacement policy if you don't purchase the extended warranty at the time of purchase.
Thanks for the review! If there is anything we can help with please feel free to reach out. We're always here to help!
Worked perfectly, packaged real good, very happy with my index
Glad we could get it to you safe and sound! Hope you have loads of fun and thanks so much for your review!
Everything works fantastically as it should and I love it. Unfortunately I gotta remove one star because I do rarely get issues where I get no display and lose tracking for no reason then it'll fix itself. Especially when I'm streaming on discord. It could be on my end in terms of hardware but my pc is well over spec to be handling. So I'm assuming it could be just the tether. I can also guarantee I'm not occluding any part of the headset and made sure there are no reflective surfaces around. But other than that, great headset and would recommend to others.
We are glad you received the Valve Index PC Virtual Reality HMD Full Kit Refurbished! Thank you for leaving your honest review, we really appreciate it!