Game Boy systems have always been the best way to play when you're on the go. But when you're at home it's nice to kick back and play games on the big screen. The Game Boy Player brings it all together. Game Boy Player lets you play all your Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance games on your TV through the Nintendo GameCube. It's the perfect match.
Product will be available in Jet Black only.
The Game Boy Player, a one-inch platform connecting to the bottom of the Nintendo GameCube, will match the Nintendo GameCube footprint and allow players to use either their console controller or Game Boy Advance to direct action on screen.
The Game Boy Player accommodates several novel forms of game play. With the Game Boy or Game Boy Advance game cartridge inserted in the Game Boy Player, a regular Nintendo GameCube controller or WaveBird wireless controller can direct the action. Or, using the Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance link cable (sold separately), the Game Boy Advance becomes the controller. The Game Boy Player also supports multiplayer action via Game Boy Advance Link Cables. Player one sees the action on the TV screen while other players view the screens on their linked Game Boy Advance systems.
* Set up couldn't be simpler. The Game Boy Player fits snugly to the bottom of the GCN, adding just one inch in height. Pop the Game Boy Player system disk into the GCN and attach the Game Boy Player to the bottom via the High-Speed Port Connector. Don't worry if you have a GCN Modem or Broadband adapter, they'll work too--you can plug them in and still attach the GBP.
* Games galore. The Game Boy Player plays over 1200 games for the original Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance systems. Bring out your old favorites or see games like Castlevania take on a whole new life on the big screen. Now you can see all those beautiful graphics and hear all the amazing sounds through your killer home TV setup. Game Paks slide into the Game Pak Slot located at the front of the GBP. Don't forget to play your Nintendo GameCube games now and then, though -- it's easy to switch from playing Game Boy games to GCN titles.
* What controller can you use with the Game Boy Player? Take your pick. Grab a regular GCN controller or go wireless with the WaveBird. Or plug in a Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance cable (sold separately) to control the action with either a Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Advance SP.
* Single player games are fun, but multiplayer is when things really heat up! Think of your Game Boy Player as just another Game Boy and you'll understand how it works. The GBP can be connected to other Game Boy systems with the appropriate cable using the External Extension Connector on the front of the Game Boy Player. See the diagram on the left to get up to four friends hooked up.
* Twenty on-screen borders allow you to add your own touch to your favorite video games, and two gameplay screen sizes are available. The smaller size reveals more of the border and makes the image look crisper for some games. The larger size fills most of your television's screen and shows just a sliver of your selected border.