After hearing of several famous YouTubers beginning to play The Crew, and saying they enjoyed it very much, I thought I might as well pick this game up for myself. After playing for a few hours and progressing through the campaign and a few online races, I can finally conclude what I feel about the game: Meh. First off, the sound was Triple A caliber, the sounds the cars made were super realistic, maybe even too realistic in some cases. I really thought at times I was in a real car driving down a backroad at 110 mph, but I won't get into much detail. Second, the graphics are OUTDATED. It truly felt as if I was playing NFS: Hot Pursuit, with a few next-gen tweaks. I feel as if Ubisoft could have spent more time perfecting the graphics, but on last-gen consoles, it should look fine. Finally, the car selection is great, maybe add a few more in the next update, and the map is by far the best feature of this game. Such a huge landscape to cover, it really makes me want to play more.
So Many Likes and Dislikes About It
This is a first-person driving game where you can go anywhere in the USA. It's pretty awesome, but you have SOOO many old cars. UbiSoft needs to add buyable cars that are way cooler, like the Corvette, Ford GT, or anything else. In Forza Motorsport 5, the humans look WAY to cartoonish for the game, and I sure hope it doesn't happen in this game. Besides, from what I've heard on this website (Not sure if it's true) but like Titanfall there is no Singleplayer Campaign. I hope my friends that I drive with don't cuss, because Kinect brings your voices all together, and that is what I don't like about these two games. It looks like a good game, but in the trailer I think I saw some alchohol being drunk by the driver, so it may have some beer reference in it. In all likelihood, this game won't be rated E10+ or M, but probably T. I still a going to get it (most likely) because of the totally cool graphics. ;)
I have played this at multiple conventions as well as every beta release thus far. Having owned and played nearly every single driving game since the arcades, I must say, this one DESTROYS all other driving games both past and present. There is simply no way to explain the depth and all-out-fun that Ubisoft and Ivory Tower have accomplished with this incredible game. If you consider yourself a TRUE fan of driving in both the real world and virtually, this will NOT disappoint. All other games are simply a rinse and repeat of themselves or previous games; The Crew, on the other hand, is like nothing you have ever experienced before.
Fun for the free ride
Okay, I bought this game when it came out and played little of the beta. Overall, the map is huge and super fun to explore, but there are a few drawbacks that make the lasting appeal of the game short. For example, the story of the game is very simplistic and predictable... The voice acting is very cheesy and gets annoying over time. Also, the cars have a RPG build to it that i didnt like very much or used to comparing from other racing games I've played. Now the sound of the game i thought was excellent. The cars all have there own unique sound and flying past trains when they're about to hit you sounds awesome. Although, the biggest drawback of the game to me is the handling of the cars. Its awkward... the cars kinda go where they want to and dont have a lot of freedom. Last little thing that bugs me, is the radio... None of the songs really pump me up for racing.( its like giving your girlfriend the aux cord and letting her play music) All in all, i would recommend this game for casual gamers who want a huge fun world to explore with friends, but i recommend hardcore racing fans stay away from it because the racing game play is very arcade like and awkward to use.
now that the storm died down
well off rip for 60 bucks and a lot of crashes this game was not on my list BUT now that all the elite players have come and gone and the price dropped to around 30 bucks I picked it up and I would have to say other then the weak story line (about 8 hours of gameplay) the game itself is not bad this is coming from a die hard forza fan but be warned this is not a full sim game is has an arcade feel but overall I would say at least give it a try from one car guy to the next if your a guy who loves custom rides or someone who needs a break from forza for 30 bucks you cant beat it even with the dlc coming around the corner
Good game, but could be better
This game is a fantastic game. What you need to realize though is the game does not live up to what the trailer for the game delivers, that said, it does not mean that you shouldn't get it. The story line is good, but very slow, menus are very confusing, the cars would be better, but you really can only progress through the game in one car because you will need to use your money you earn for that car. (Don't expect it to be like NFS where every hour you get a new car) On top of this, for a next gen console I would expect the game to have much better graphics than what it delivers. On the good side, the content of the game is more than enough, maybe even too much. The map is ridiculous in size and has many different climate areas with real world places in the U.S. However, don't expect to be flying from one side of the map to the other, it takes time and can get slow and old to driving to these different locations. (You can jump right to a specific destination only if you've have driven their before, if not, and you set waypoint to L.A. and you're in N.Y. expect to be driving about an hour or so to get to your final destination. However it is still a fun arcade racing game, however, I think NFS delivers a better arcade style game. (Hopefully the new NFS that is coming out in November will be good!)
I love this game! I just bought the game after it has been out for almost six months. They have fixed the glitch problems that plagued the game at launch. The shear mass of the game to explore is amazing. Literally would take 80 hours to set your tires on every piece of road and terrain this game has to offer. The game is beautiful!! Great customization features, I mean you can customize anything!! I actually like this game better than Forza!! Definitely would recommend buying this game, if your more of a street race gamer more than boring circuit racing games!!!
Customization and looks is all this game has.
As far as vehicle customization and audio/visual performance, this game is good. However, as a racing game, the most important part is the ability to actually race. The vehicles do not handle well, and many of them rebound hard in the opposite direction after you stop turning. This makes avoiding traffic while trying to stay in first almost impossible. The upgrade system is decent until the end game, where it is excessively expensive or difficult depending on the method you take. You can buy them or do the skill challenges, as when you are leveling, but when you complete a challenge there is an apparent 80% chance of getting lvl 40-45 parts, and 20% of getting anything higher than that. This makes the game not only more difficult than any racing game I have ever played, but also the most repetitive. NFS has gone downhill since Pro Street, but I would say the newer games still handle significantly better than this one. If you want an open world racing game, pick Forza Horizon 1 or 2 instead. One more note, Raid vehicles are the most pointless spec in the game for the endgame. Offroad is better in all aspects aside from sheer durability.
Need for Speed about to be passed on the road!!!!
My friend and I bought this yesterday, after I started the game and went to the first tuner shop, the game took me away. Just being able to see the car dismantle as you choose what parts to put in it, it was just awesome. The best part is being able to play with your friends as you both do the story line together. There are some mission you have to do solo, but what more could you ask for in a game. Need for Speed better watch out for this game.
First in Dead last
So this game had sooo much potential . the graphics where decent the idea was awesome but it fell short in my opinion. its got hours upon hours of things to do and cars to unlock but the credit system here feels broken and some races feel clunky. the music was good for the first few days but gets to be like gta 5 where you heard the same song 70 times In one mission . the open world was amazing and the cop chases where awesome but it gets repetitive. the story was very dry to.
but if your into raceing then this is your type of game.
im giving this game a 6 because it didn't make the replay appeal for me . an I would rather pay for car upgrades then do small challenges .