Xbox One System - Black
Own a Xbox 360, and a PS3
I had a PS2 but its long been dead.
I bought the Xbox One console and a PS4. I ended up selling the PS4 ( for now ) because the Xbox One simply plays better online for the most part. All dedicated servers - games don't stop when someone joins or quits. Also when I had the PS4 I didn't like how the OS interface was only a mild upgrade from PS3. The Xbox One OS interface is a big improvement over the already good XB 360 interface.
I really like the Xbox One interface. It is very customizable and looks very cool. It's easy to operate and yet powerful and quick. You can move in and out of programs quickly going back and forth without slowing down. I thought the PS4 would be quicker overall, but it's not.
I didn't like how the PS4 had no 5Ghz Wi-Fi capability ( Most new Wi-Fi's now have 5Ghz - the new GOLD standard as channels are further apart and there is less interference from neighbors because 5Ghz only goes about 100 feet ) You can hit better speeds and get less dips on the Xbox One with 5Ghz...
I also like how its easier to add a Hard Drive to the Xbox One. You can change the internal drive on the PS4 but its not as easy and you can only add one drive to the PS4 - only the internal. You can Have up to THREE external hard drives plugged into the Xbox One USB ports at the same time!! I have only a single 4TB external USB 3.0 hard drive plugged into my Xbox One and its sweet. The Xbox One sees it the same as the internal drive - except the external USB 3.0 drive can transfer at a whopping 6 Gb a second ! The internal drive can do 4 Gb a second.. so installing your games to an external drive makes sense... plus ( unlike the PS4 - for now ) you can add multiple drives cheaply. I've already considered I could eventually accumulate more then 3 external hard drives and plug in the ones I need for certain games or data by a simple swap of the cable, but for now 4TB is sweet..
Lastly when I played on the Xbox one the first time I felt more vibration in the fingers because they have installed mini rumble motors in the triggers as well. I think it gives a bit more feedback then the current PS4 trigger.
PS4, Xbox 1 and PC
I have all the above devices and have been gaming for years. I gave the X1 a 5 because of the lack of games (understandable because its still pretty new) but also because of the number of issues with it.
1. The friends list only works 50-75% of the time, making it difficult to play with friends.
2. Controller issues: there are times where the controller (I have a few so its not the controller) wont work, some times its just the Mic other times it wont work at all.
3. Party Chat: there's an issue with game chat where you can not hear each other. Often requires a hard reset
4. Joing friends games: "unable to join session" pops up a lot, requiring you to invite them and often in both players doing a hard reset.
5. Hard Resetting: This has to be done almost every time I play with friends do to the issues listed above, its not once in awhile its 99% of the time.
6. Xbox live: its a joke, currently having issues connecting to xbox live. Sometimes its hackers, sometimes its just too many ppl on at once but when your paying $50 a year for a service it would be nice if it would actually work. When the service is working you still have all the issues listed above.
I would recommend to a friend if they are a hardcore gamer but lets face it your only choice is this PS4 or PC. Not sure how the PS4 services compare to this because I don't use it much and PC is to pricey for most ppl.
Best console ever created, DONT MISS OUT! I can not believe how much this console blew me away. must have
The voice controls are great and the gaming is nice but i mostly wrote this to anger the other guy who reviewed it and gave it a 1.
Coming from a ps3 system to this was very cool. When I first got it I was scared it was going to break but it never did. It's a solid build. One thing I love about it is it's not very laggy. Overall it's a very good system
This console is a beast Microsoft keep doing when you need to do because the exclusive's are awesome!
The best console ever!
Oh my gosh! Microsoft, you have made a beast. When I first bought this console I didn't know what to except, but when I turned it on and played some games, it just blew me away! The graphics were incredible, it had mind blowing games, just...AMAZING! Please buy this console!
I got this thinking it would be so much fun , but its not any better than the Xbox 360 . The games are lame everything about this is lame . I would never waste half of 1,000 on this I f I were you. stick with a xbox 360 .