i just played the demo and i loved it the 2 quests were amazing with the batteing and swords Assassins it is just amzing and i would highy tell my friends about this game and the dragons are bigger than SKYRIM and skyrim has huge dragon buy this game as quick as you can because it is awesome but the graphics are not the best but you can still see good so the game is just so amazing so plz buy this game
A great game through and through.
You might start off and think it's a boring game but play a little longer and you'll discover it's a fantastic game featuring some of the mythical creatures you always hear about (Cyclops, golems, hydras, dragons, griffins, and chimeras to name a few). You'll find the game fun and challenging (I've died more in the Post-game than I did during the entire game up to that point). The monsters are always aggressive, regardless of your level, and can be a pain to a level 100 or a level 1.
Much better then I was expecting
Grabbed a copy the other day out of curiosity, and I must admit, the game is a lot better then the monster hunter clone I was expecting. Melee combat is well paced, and you have a plethora of attacks and other options to choose from. Magic is impressive and lack of an mp bar to fill back up makes me more inclined to use it. Infinite arrows made archery pretty awesome, especially after gaining skills that allowed me to fire 10 or 11 arrows at a time. There was also a magic bow, which fired bolts of magic instead of arrows, which was really cool looking. Graphics were good, and the place really felt like a believable fantasy setting, though there did seem to be some frame rate issues, some lower quality textures here and there, etc etc. Soundtrack is one of my favorites, really capturing the sheer epicness of the game, and I've found myself just sitting around listening to the background music more then once. Anyhow, if you're looking for a good action game, I definitely recommend you pick this one up!
I have to admit, after playing the demo I have a lot more interest in this now than I did before. I wasn't expecting much from this game since it looked like another hack and slash game from the few screenshots I saw.
The demo mainly showed off the combat system which seemed pretty strong. It's simple but pretty fun to use. My favorite was attacking the bigger beasts in the demo and being able to climb on them and start hacking away at vital parts like their spine and neck. Having simple to use bow was pretty satisfying as well.
I also liked how independently the AI teammates reacted in certain situations. Mages healed and cast helpful buffers without commands and other warriors would intelligently attack the enemies. They will also open up chests and pick up loot with out being told.
If they can iron out the few bugs I saw and make the exploration just as exciting as the combat then I will be very excited to play the game when it comes out.
One Of The Best Rpg's Of All Time
When i first heard of this game I didn't think much of it, I thought it would just be some two worlds type game. I saw some game play and decided to try it out. Man am I glad to of got this game. The combat system is very intriguing. There is a lot of class customization, and character appearance customization. There are a lot of boss fights with huge monsters. They are very tough and take some time which makes it a lot of fun. The dragon's are a lot bigger and tougher than in skyrim. There is a lot of game play time in this game. When you beat the game you can start over but your character's level and items will carry over. But, one of the coolest aspects of the game are the pawns (followers that help you fight). You can have up to three pawns. The first one you get you can customize the class and appearance, but the other two you have to enlist. If your friend plays then you can use his pawn to help you out. Very exhilarating game, i hope you try it out!
Difficult? Yes. Fun? Absolutely.
The first couple quests are boring, but honestly that's pretty traditional. The controls may feel a bit awkward to some gamers, but I found it quite easy to get used to.
Character Creation at first looked pretty neat, but the real fun is making your pawn, designing your faithful companion that will follow you in every battle, who is there to cheer you up when you rage completely, creating a pawn helped me realize that maybe I do need friends... Nah.
Story is confusing to say the least, but I don't really mind, when you're off being chased by a Griffin, you probably aren't too worried about the story.
When you finally feel ready and you think you can take the world on, you probably can't, if you don't think correctly during battles then you're more likely to be slain. Discovering weaknesses and using them to your advantage is all too familiar, oh that's right, Monster Hunter.
Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma are pretty similar, the big difference is how you fight, Dragon's Dogma gave me what I wanted in Monster Hunter, being able to swing my weapon around and have a bit more freedom while fighting. Both give you the amazing feeling when you finally destroy that monster and claim victory, swinging your arms in the air screaming in excitement, that long tough battle has finally ended and you've proven to be stronger.
My review is probably confusing, and quite useless, but what can I say, this game left me amazed, or maybe it's because I'm a Capcom fan-girl.
You won't put this down for awhile.
Dragon's Dogma is a terrific game to play if you're into games that will give you a challenge and reward you with great and fulfilling game-play. It will make you scream during some parts of its adventure, and it will make you feel so proud during other parts. If you are looking for a new adventure game to play, here are some reasons to buy into Dragon's Dogma.
1. Dragon's Dogma not only allows you to customize your character, but a pawn that uniquely stand beside you through your adventure. Included with your own pawn is: weapon and armor setup, leveling, skill setup, class setup, tactics setup, and a unique feature that allows your pawn to be used by other players online. Leveling and purchasing equipment for your pawn makes them more ready for battle, and during battle your pawn needs to be ready. When in battle, your pawn will -- and i'm not kidding-- learn how to slay the multitudes of beasts and creatures within the world to help your character out.
2. Class systems in Dragon's Dogma seem to be limited in number, but there is a lot of flexibility and structure with each class. As a general rule of thumb, your main class starts your character with a build he/she can work off of through the rest of the game. Advanced and hybrid classes are optional, but allow for many changes to be made. Each class is fun to play as as you play the game.
3. Combat is a key beauty in this game. Imagine being able to fight a Ogre within most games. All you're doing is striking at it's feet until it falls over and dies, or until you die. In Dragon's Dogma, they involve a unique system Shadow of the Colossus did. Instead of just slashing at the Ogre's feet, you can leap onto its back and climb to its head to get a few damaging blows in before it shakes you off! The combat in this game is rich and unique because you actually get a sense that you're killing an ogre, or a cyclops, or a chimera, or a dragon, or whatever the game throws at you!
4. Sound is wonderful in this game. On a personal account, when i was reading the instruction manual while at the title screen, i was rocking out to some crazy good j-pop music. Battles or even walking through the world of Dragon's Dogma will involve some pretty fantastic music that will envelope you in it's atmosphere.
5. Free world exploration. A lot of people are getting into the realm of free-world exploration, because it gives players something to do when they aren't off doing a mission, or slaying a monster, or escorting someone from point a to point b. You will be revisiting places often in this world, but everything that you find will respawn. Chests and large boss encounters will constantly leave your adventure filled with excitement, so that the action never ends.
These few reasons are some of the mechanics that Dragon's Dogma does well in it's gameplay. There are a few things that will bug a player, and warning the player of these things is crucial.
1. There is only one system of fast travel, and it will cost you. That's right, you will be revisiting places very often, and will need quite a bit of coin to be able to go back to your original place to go out and trek again. This becomes annoying at times, but does offer a simple use of re-spawning enemies and grinding for experience and loot.
2. Pawn will not shut up and become annoying at times. While it is very cool that pawns will provide you with information on enemies, and you don't feel lonesome when you do play this game, pawns will sometimes talk a little too much. This cannot be directly dealt with in itself, so be warned.
3. Tough game-play will constantly be a threat of your sanity. There are times where the difficulty spikes in the game to where you will want to scream and throw your controller. These moments are few though and scattered through the game. Just remember that you do not have to always fight, and carry around plenty of supplies to be prepared.
4. No evident story really rests in Dragon's Dogma. For awhile, you will be confused as to what will come next in the game. There are a few key roads that make a stream of linear plot, but the game constantly trails off to leave you confused with what's going on.
Dragon's Dogma will leave you in awe from it's impressive gameplay and it's awesome action oriented combat. Dragon's Dogma really hones in on it's good parts and takes risks that make it great. For it's really annoying faults in it, it's still absolutely fun to traverse Gran Soren again and again. You will love this game, and you will not want to put it down.
Far beyond my expectations
First off, I want to personally issue a very large thank you to Capcom for really outdoing themselves. Not that they will ever see it, but you know, got to try. Secondly I want to address that this game's learning curve is unforgiving. The second you get careless, that is when you will be killed(and trust me, you will die eventually). Now then, I saw a review that said that the game was easy to get lost in, etc. etc, but truth is, that is what they give you a map for(and not to mention actually tell you to use the map to not get lost). The gameplay is quite unique in that there are 9 different vocations(or classes) that you can become, each set with it's own unique abilities. You also get to recruit pawns to follow you around(which are other peoples pawns in real life) as well as one personal pawn you get to customize to your liking. The only reason I did not rate this game a straight 10 was because of the lack of coop(which really does not bother me) and the lack of a quick travel system. Now the lack of a quick travel is a love hate relationship, because with one you would never be able to get leveled up fast enough to actually stand a chance in the world, plus actually walking to areas gives you a better feel for the map in my opinion. But there is always those times when you just took a trip 30 minutes away, and then have to return to the same spot two quests later. Overall I believe Capcom did outstanding in making this Monster Hunter-Devil May Cry-Shadow of the Colossus hybrid piece of awesome.
-Just a casual gamer in the United States Air Force.
Better then Dragon Age!!! & AWSOME CUSTOMIZATION!
Title says it all. The character creation is 10/10, and its just the demo!!! You can literally choose to play as a talented young kid or up to a old geezer and everything in-between!!! The Combat system is a bit complicated but nothing you wont get used to after a couple of fights or just 2 minutes. The inventory system at 1st seems a bit complicated but is actually quite simple. Just playing the Demo has delivered ALOT of hope for this game. Only downside so far of the demo is you only get to experience the warrior class of things, you dont get to use spells or magic. Id recommend pre-ordering this if your a die hard fan of dragon age or just a RPG Fan.
Solid well made, Dark Souls combinded with Skyrim
i was delightfully surprised with i picked it up. at first i was not really digging the pawn system but after a while, i get it and it actually became a very good addition to the game play. switching up roles for your main character or ur pawn can really change your game play and style. customization was amazing! very in depth. many ways to play, countless places to travel, with no recycled dungeons. many quest for prefectionist but main story was quite good too. game is not easy by any means the first time through. similar to dark souls but definately not as hard. very good game, a solid recommend. NG+ adds to playability and lasting appeal.