Dragon Age Inquisition
Move over, Diablo
I had tried to play DAII previously, but it just didn't captivate me for some reason. I also had tried Skyrim and couldn't get into that either. I love RPGs, but if the gameplay is wonky, or story line hard to follow, I'm not going to enjoy it. I try to give as many games a chance as I can, because you never know. I've been playing games since the 80's, but I consider myself a casual gamer. This game makes me happy. I have it for the PS4 and the controls are easy. The ability loadout is pretty simple. What I DON'T like: lack of stash space. You have no stash except for what your character can carry. Even Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning gave you a stash once you got a 'home'. Not here. This means that after every quest, you have to do serious inventory clean-out. You have to make sure you aren't throwing away any gear or weapons that your companions could use also as upgrades. So, yeah about 10 or 15 minutes to do that. Takes you out of the game. Hopefully they will offer stash in a dlc or something. One other huge problem for me is that the sound is inconsistent. Most of the sound effects are ok and the cut scenes are fine, but when you are speaking to other characters directly, you can barely hear their replies without turning up the volume way up. If you don't remember to turn it back down, you get blasted afterwards as soon as you join a fight. Other than those two things, there are some glitches here and there but that is to be expected. Overall I am loving this game and glad to have something else to play besides D3 over and over again!
Great game. What game doesn't have a few bugs?....they all do. This is a great game that adds a little variety to the normal game selection. I would recommend it as it will provide many hours of entertainment.
Besides the audio bug(lose audio consistently) everything else is very good. Pretty much what SKYRIM was supposed to be but better. Makes SKYRIM look like a PS2 game.
The Bioware game I've been waiting for
If you're a fan of Bioware you know what to expect. This game is them at their best. This is some fantastic story telling with addictive RPG elements. I can't say much more, it's one of those games you just have to play!
awesome gameplay, awesome graphics, just awesome, awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome.
Least "Terrible Game of the Year"
I wasn't like most people who bought into the hype. Needless to say that I bought it on a whim and played it and played it. But as time passed, it's many problems surfaced. I hope to enlighten you, the consumer, about these problems so you may decide if you are interested enough to buy the game. But let me tell you now that it IS a good game, despite it's problems.
* Glitches aside, one of my biggest gripes with the game is the war table and the way that Bioware forces you to participate in side quests to progrss through the story. It is onpar with the naval system in Black Flag, with the difference being that it can be more rewarding as it can get you gear, crafting ingrediants and gold. My problem is that it makes the game less personal to me. It is why I liked Mass Effect 3 more then I could say I liked Dragon Age Inquisition.
* Another one of my problems is the search button. You press the L3 button and this wave of energy is released to pinpoint important things, such as loot. The biggest problem isn't that it pinpoints ladders, the biggest problem is that some quests gain priority over others. When the item of a quest that is priority, it does a better job at directing you to that item's location then if it weren't a priority to the search function. Other problems include the items just not being noticable enough. Atleast in Diablo 3 when something important appears, it TELLS YOU.
* There are just too many side quests compacted into the game and my problem is that it doesn't give you the oppertunity to really take in the wonderful scenery. If they had removed half ot the quests and just doubled up on the rewards given, it would BE a better experience. And the problem isn't just the quantity of side quests, but the clarity, quality and importance. Like, you will find yourself wondering the zones trying desperately to figure out HOW to get into certain areas. It would've been nice if they provided a better direction. Because there are some side quests that open up areas and you have to be in the RIGHT spot to open them up. And even then, you could be stuck, because you are literally waiting on your war table to clear up due to you JUST having sent all three of your forces on errands.
* There are just not enough choices to allow you to shape your Inquisitor the way you want too. Bioware rewrote the introduction seven times, and couldn't be bothered to let you choose your character's background? I want to be able to decide if my elf is daily or city-born, that decision should never go to Bioware in a game that is supposed to BE about choice.
* For a company who wants to desperately prove that they aren't closed-minded, Bioware sure did a terrible job in Krem's developement. It proves conclusively that no developer should EVER be getting advice on character developement from the GBT community unless they are getting advice from talented authors. But getting it from people who likely knows NOTHING about how to write a story that billions of people can enjoy? You want to be reminded of great character design, read the Hobbit or one of the Lord of the Rings novels. Dorien I will admit is fantastic as a character, so much so that some of you straight guys out there may make male characters to romance him.
In Conclusion: It isn't a bad game and Bioware knows that the search function is bad, or else they wouldn't be patching it. They are patching the bugs, which were TERRIBLE. While I am not sure if they have fixed the most annoying of them, my game did actually crash in one occasion. But the game is good if you are a dedicated Bioware fan or just enjoy fake choices in general. But I will say there are better games to spend your money on if you haven't bought them already.
This game is nice. Skyrim is way better. Dragon Age is similar to Dragon's Dogma. Graphics is ok, but the lips are a bit out of range.
A really bad MMORPG for single player
Tons of graphical bugs. I only encountered one bug where i couldn't revive the main character and had to reload to a previous save. The game itself plays like a really bad MMORPG
this game is amazing the world is huge, the game play is awesome, the characters are fun, if you liked skyrim you will love this game.
BEST GAME EVER!
This is probably there best game yet! EA is amazing. this is the best RPG I have ever played. I recommend this to all RPG fans.