Nascar 2011 The Game
Good, But Has Problems
I Play This Game Often (Online, Single Player, Multiplayer) It's Good But Yea It Has Problems (1. The Online Is Somewhat Jacked Up In The Lobby You Might Get Kicked Out For No Reason, When The Online Game Starts Your Car Or The Other Cars Might Not Move Coming To The Green Flag) (2. The Pit Stops Are EXTRA SLOW) (3. The Creators Of The Game Made A DLC Update To This Game When The Game Is Called "Nascar The Game 2011" When The Game Was Released In A 2010 Season The DLC Update Made The Game Into A 2011 Season But It Came Out At The End Of The 2011 Nascar Season. So Not Bad Overall!
How The Game Is.
I Played This Game When It First Came Out And I Played It On Saturday And Sunday For 6 Hours (12 Hours) Because It Is So Fantastic And Great Graphics Too So I Would Recommend This Game To Anyone Who Is An Nascar Fan.
24 hours and i cant wait til i get off work tommarow woot woot
worst nascar game ever
id rather play nascar 09 with bad graphics kdjfskfbhskb
FOR SIM RACERS
Get a good racing wheel , I suggest a Logitech GT25 force feedback ,with wheel stand PRO ...get NASCAR the Game 11 or The INSIDE LANE and you will not regret it .
some minor bugs , but after you find a decent set-up offline game-play is great 43 car races offline... Online is ok ...most of the the online community are sore losers, to dam good, wreckers or just cant drive. Andd there are some glitches that shouldn't have gotten over looked
Here are my concerns and suggestions for issues which should be fixed in future patches:
1. Obviously the caution issue which has been well addressed by numerous people.
2. The AI aggressiveness at bump drafting on Auto Club Speedway. I have been wrecked numerous times by the AI simply slamming into the back of me at a place where bump drafting is minimal.
3. The AI difficulty needs to be ramped up especially in Qualifying.
4. The lack of TIRE TEMPERATURE readings. I would really like to see this added in. If you do not know your tire temperatures it makes it really difficult to set up a car properly.
5. The small tire wear indicator needs reworking. It is very difficult to see how much your tires are wearing and if the insides, middle, or outside of the tire are wearing more than other parts of the tire. This is key info for finding out what is wrong with the setup and how to make it better. I would advise using a system like other games. Where the tires are blue, then green, then yellow and then red.
6. The AI needs help when pitting under yellow. Numerous times I have seen them run into each other on Pit Road causing a huge mess.
7. When Pitting, the DEFAULT should be a full gas tank not the opposite like it is now. You already don't have much time to make adjustments so it would be great if this could be reversed so I am not wasting time filling that meter up. If I want less than a full tank than I could dial it down instead.
8. I would like to be able to save more than 50 setups. I know it sounds like a lot but it really isn't if you calculate that you at least have one saved setup for each track (23) and when the update comes you will need at least another 23 for the 2011 models which will handle differently. I would like to see the number of allowed save setups to go up.
9. The spotter should stop saying all clear at odd times like when I am stopped or on pit road. It is just way overdone. Also for future versions of the game I would look at maybe omitting the comedic lines because although they might be funny the first time...they get real old real quick. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard the hot dog line. I would rather the spotter focus on positional info.
10. The bunching up of AI on certain tracks.
11. It was my understanding that there would be an Adaptive AI setting in this game. What happened? It could help solve some difficulty issues for some if it were to be added.
12. I think for future iterations try to make the default setup not so good out of the box. It really takes away from the need to work on your car. I know you are trying to appeal to people who don't want to work on their car but it just kills it for those who do.
13. The draft is way overdone at certain tracks. I think it greatly needs to be toned down overall. I think it will really help with the difficulty as well.
14. The online timer (even in private races) needs to go away. All other racer games have always had a ready up feature which works much better. Hopefully this can be addressed soon. F1 does a good job of this.
15. Better online stability.
16. The wheel support needs revamping. This game is not tuned for wheels and the force feedback seems to come and go. Hopefully you guys can look at all the wheels people are using and tune them for this game.
17. When your fuel runs out, it should not be an automatic DNF. There needs to be a chance to coast to the pits.
18. The AI needs to be more careful when coming out of pit road and onto the track (Auto Club Speedway is a good example of this) They move all the way over near the wall when not at speed yet and it causes major bunching. They need to stay near the white line till they are up to speed somewhere on the backstretch.
That is what I got in terms of immediate fixes to help get this game on the right path. I am sure I left out a couple of things but overall I think there is a good base here in this game (driving model and AI) and with these fixes the game would be much better.
Game should be better than this
No Shootout, No Allstar race, and tons of online glitches.
The Best NASCAR Game Since... Well, Ever!!
I have seen many screenshots, videos and other media on the new NASCAR 2011 The Game, and from everything I have seen... there is absolutely nothing wrong with this game. This being Activision's first try, and they're posponing the original release tells me that they want to hit a home run with this game. I believe they have done so! Even giving you the opportunity to play the 2010 or 2011 seasons.
The career mode is going to be incredible! Believe me, I was able to see some insider media on this. You can drive as your favorite driver, or the best driver out there.... Tony Stewart!! lol.
You can also drive using the career mode and work your way up like the other games, except you're jumping right into a cup car!
The future is great with their game, which is going to include all of the series, from the Whelen series, Nationwide and Craftsman Truck series. The future is looking great for NASCAR PS3 games!
Best Thing About This Game:
The Incredible Detail and the interactive spotters/crew chiefs.
Nascar 09 and Gran Turismo 5 are WAY better
-cautions aren't thrown... i have to drive in reverse or something major has to happen for nascar to throw the yellow (also, if i drive cleanly, there will be zero cautions thrown in the race because AIs drive in two orderly lines in every race)
-graphics are not as great as people say, gt5's nascar graphics are 100 times better
-online is extremely glitchy
-career mode is just like racing in a season, not a whole career
-spotter keeps saying not funny lines that get old
-AI is way too easy (gets boring getting massive leads - not racing anyone)
-at dega and daytona, i can be racing w/out a drafting partner and increase my lead against AI cars that are drafting (could be because they either let off the gas or break in the corners)
-also the AI doesn't give you room underneath unless you are right up against their left rear
Therefore, save your money, and if you have a ps3, get gran turismo 5 (great game), and if you have an xbox, get/keep nascar 09 or wait until the cost of this game gets a big drop.
Graphics arn't everything.
I was pretty excited when I picked up my pre-order of this. Love racing games and Nascar...but after playing it for about an hour...I'm fairly disappointed. Theirs a lot of glitches and bugs in this game that need to be worked out, online mode specifically. As of now all this game has going for it is detail. Graphics are pretty good and look spot on. But that still doesn't make it worth spending 60$. It's not even worth the pre-owned price. The driving mechanics have too much of an arcade type feel for my taste. Career mode is boring and very mundane. It just need more growth and development. Perhaps when they get multi-player ironed out and a few more glitches and bugs fixed, it might be more enjoyable. But for now, if anyone is thinking about buying this, save your money. Wait a few months for the price to come down. By then maybe they'll have a lot of things fixed. Or go and rent it first, then decide for yourself if its worth spending that much money.