Gamestop Starcraft 2 Sweepstakes Official Rules
"GAMESTOP'S ULTIMATE STARCRAFT II SWEEPSTAKES"
SPONSORED BY GAMESTOP, INC.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN GUAM AND PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: "GameStop's Ultimate Starcraft II Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes") commences at12:01 AM CT on July 26, 2010 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on August 15, 2010 ("Sweepstakes Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM CT on August 15, 2010. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, excluding Guam and Puerto Rico. Entrants must be at least 13 years of age or older at time of entry. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside ("Minors") must obtain parental or legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter Sweepstakes. Employees of GameStop, Inc. ("GameStop" or "Sponsor"), and The Marketing Arm Inc. ("Administrator"), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of Sweepstakes, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, together with the Sponsor and Administrator, ("Sweepstakes Entities"), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (d) agree to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, injury or damages arising out of or relating to participation in Sweepstakes and/or the use, misuse or redemption of the Prizes (hereinafter defined), and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
4. To Enter: Visit gamestop.com/scii, a web site owned and controlled by GameStop, and complete all required fields on the online entry form and submit as requested and receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible.
There is a limit of a total of one (1) entry per person. If it is suspected that an entrant uses multiple e-mail addresses to submit more than one entry, only the first online entry will count. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the "authorized account subscriber" of the e-mail account used to participate in Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account subscriber" for online entries is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) Prize will be awarded in the name of the primary account holder. Proof to Sponsor's satisfaction of being the "authorized account subscriber" may be requested by Sponsor.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered "Eligible Entries". All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Grand Prize: The one (1) grand prize winner ("Grand Prize Winner") will receive: (a) a trip for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest ("Guest") to Anaheim, California ("Destination") to attend Blizzcon at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA, currently contemplated to take place on or about October 22 through 24, 2010, but subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. The trip will include: (i) round trip coach class air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and Guest which shall originate from an airport of Sponsor's choice near Grand Prize Winner primary residence to Destination; (ii) two (2) nights hotel accommodations in Destination for Grand Prize Winner and Guest which will be one (1) room based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, and other incidentals and costs are not included), (iii) two (2) tickets to Blizzcon; and (iv) $300 cash, collectively (the "Grand Prize" ). The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $2,300. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary. (Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation if the Grand Prize Winner resides within 100 miles of Destination.
First Place Prizes: The two (2) first place winners ("First Place Winners") will each receive one (1) Alienware m11x laptop computer each ("First Place Prize", and collectively "First Place Prizes"). The ARV of each First Place Prize is $999.99.
Five (5) winners will each receive: one (1) $250 GameStop Gift Card. ARV of $250 each;
One hundred and two (102) winners will each receive: one (1) Starcraft II collector's edition. ARV of $99.99 each;
Three (3) winners will each receive one (1) set of sc2 peripherals suite (mouse/keyboard/headset). ARV of $320 each;
Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) computer mouse. ARV of $80 each;
Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) computer keyboard. ARV of $200 each;
Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) headset. ARV of $120 each; and
Ten (10) winners will each receive one (1) messenger bag. ARV of $80 each, collectively the ("Secondary Prizes").
The Grand Prize, First Place Prizes and the Secondary Prizes will hereinafter be referred to collectively as ("Prizes"). The total ARV of all of the Prizes is $19,508.96. The ARV's are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment and the time of travel and the distance between departure and Destination. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
By participating in Sweepstakes, each Winner (hereinafter defined) grants the right to Sponsor to record, videotape and photograph the Winner ("Images"). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of Winner's personality and appearance, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner, two (2) First Place Winners, and 135 secondary prize winners ("Secondary Prize Winners") selected in a random drawing from among all of the Eligible Entries on or about August 20, 2010. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential winners via the telephone number provided on his or her entry form. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If a potential winner cannot be reached directly, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected, in Sponsor's sole discretion, from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits.
7. Winner Verification:
Grand Prize Winner and First Place Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared the Grand Prize Winner or a First Place Winner and to receive the applicable Prize, the potential Grand Prize Winner and potential First Place Winners must sign (his or her parent/legal guardian if potential winner is a Minor), within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Administrator or Sponsor: (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release releasing Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Grand Prize Winner's and potential First Place Winner's participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize, to be eligible for the Grand Prize and/or First Place Prize, as applicable; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a publicity release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use potential Grand Prize Winner's or First Place Prize Winner's name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such releases. Guest of Grand Prize Winner will also be required to sign (his or her parent/legal guardian if Guest is a Minor), a Liability/Publicity Release that must be returned along with the potential Grand Prize Winner's Affidavit of Eligibility/Publicity Release within three (3) days of issuance. If potential Grand Prize Winner or First Place Winners and Guest of Grand Prize Winner do not sign these releases within the time frame specified, the potential winners may be disqualified and the Prizes forfeited and alternate winners, may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries. When properly executed, and providing potential Grand Prize Winner and First Place Winners are in compliance with the Official Rules, potential Grand Prize Winner and First Place Winners will be determined to be each a ("Grand Prize Winner") or "(First Place Winner") as applicable, and collectively ("Winners").
If any Grand Prize Winner or Guest is a Minor, he or she must be accompanied by his or her parent/legal guardian and such person must pay his or her own expenses unless he or she is the Grand Prize Winner or Guest, as applicable. If Grand Prize Winner chooses not to take a Guest, or the Guest does not sign the Liability/Publicity Release within the time frame specified, then the applicable Guest elements will be forfeited and the remaining elements shall constitute full satisfaction of the Grand Prize.
Secondary Prize Winner Verification: The potential Secondary Prize Winners may be required to prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence and identity, which may include submitting a copy of a driver's license, passport or similar government issued identification within two (2) days of being notified as a potential Secondary Prize Winner. Providing potential Secondary Prize Winners are in compliance with these Official Rules, and when required has successfully proven eligibility, potential Secondary Prize Winners will be determined to each be a ("Secondary Prize Winner", and collectively, "Winners").
Winners, and when applicable Guest, must acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Winners (his or her parent/legal guardian if Winner is a Minor) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, car, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prizes. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner in event that any potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. Grand Prize Winner and Guest agree to comply with all venue rules and regulations and agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Prizes will be forfeited if the Winners or Guest (or parent/legal guardian acting on behalf of Grand Prize Winner or Guest) fails to comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. In the event of non-compliance by a potential winner such potential winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential winner may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received. Prize or Prize documents returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason Sponsor deems necessary.
8. Prize Terms: The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be on or around October 2010, but subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value, which may include, but is not limited to a cash prize equivalent to the ARV of the trip portion of the Prize, as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a Winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes, including, without limitation; meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, gratuities, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to hotel rooms, baggage fees, travel insurance, departure taxes and fees, and any equipment to be used in connection the Prizes, are solely Winner's responsibility. Prizes are provided "as is". Entrants acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including any express warranties provided by a Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prize(s), including all travel arrangements will be made by Administrator.
For the Grand Prize, Sponsor will determine the airline and hotel in its sole discretion. All travel dates are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. If Grand Prize Winner is not available, unable or unwilling to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, Grand Prize Winner privileges will be terminated and an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be selected in a random drawing from the remaining Eligible Entries if time permits. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any damage to baggage or any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations necessitated by same. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must possess valid travel documents in order to travel.
Grand Prize Winner and First Place Prize Winners must supply Administrator and/or Sponsor with his or her social security number for tax purposes. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winners as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of each Winner for the actual value of the Prize awarded if the actual value of Prize is over $600. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner's responsibility.
9. General Terms: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor's sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. If Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the expiration date stated herein, notice will be posted on gamestop.com/scii and the Prizes may be awarded to potential winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after, if applicable, the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Sweepstakes for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of Sweepstakes.
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant's participation in Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded for any Prize level, the intended Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received for that Prize level. In no event will more than the stated number of Prizes be awarded. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winners, in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners, and the delivery of the Prizes, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITED BY LAW. THE TEXAS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THESE COURTS.
10. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winners must be made by October 15, 2010. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the name of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Marketing Arm Inc., Attention: "GameStop's Ultimate Starcraft II Sweepstakes", 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201.
11. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by GameStop, Inc., 625 Westport Parkway, Grapevine, TX 76051.
12. Administered by: This Sweepstakes is administered by The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800 Dallas, TX 75201.
Activision Publishing, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Activision's name and logo, and/or the
"Starcraft II" name, logo, and/or materials are used for purposes of promotion and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Activision's participation, sponsorship, endorsement or approval of this Sweepstakes.