Rated 3 out of 10 by 1
Rated 3 out of 10 by lobothesacred3 Care Bears: The Care Quests
Product Detail Mistakes
* Play through 12 different games, as each Care Bear has their own unique game based on their very own special caring mission.
- While there are 12 different games. Several of the games are highly similar to one another. There are at least two games where you drop objects from above to make characters jump over obstacles and two games that have you shooting targets horizontally with your care power.
* With between 8 and 15 levels depending on what game you choose, you'll experience hours of fun helping your favorite bears care for others.
- Most of the games only have three levels with only a few of the games having more.
* Graphic tutorials for the younger player make the game easy to learn, no reading skills required!
- The game doesn't have any graphic tutorials. All of the tutorials are text based unless it is referring to the manual which you probably won't have if you buy this game second hand.
The game is comprised of 12 rather short mini-games where the goal is to collect stars in order to get a high score while still completing the challenges within the given time-limit. The games themselves range from match the items to helping the care bears get across a room safely. On the massive downside the games are all rather easy and boring.
Graphically speaking the game isn't anything special and most of the care bears look identical outside of a change in color and care symbol. I also admit to finding the environments themselves rather lazy since all of the levels take place on fluffy white clouds. While this is to be expected to a degree because Care-A-Lot is located in the sky the lack of change in the cloud shapes is rather disappointing.
The soundtrack is rather light and upbeat and considering the short nature of this game it can get away with the handful tracks that it does possess. But, I find most of them to be rather annoying rather then soothing to be honest.
There isn't much long term appeal to be found in this game. At its root the only goal is to try and getting a higher score, but none of the mini games are particularly fun or challenging. So, you'll just find the entire experience rather boring.
Lasting Appeal: 1