Wednesday, September 10, 2014
11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
9:30 a.m. – VIPs get 1.5 hours of exclusive early access to the EXPO floor
Tuesday, September 9
|Time||General Admission Agenda||VIP Agenda|
|2:00 pm – 8:00 pm||
Tuesday is not open to general admission attendess unless they sign up for a tournament. Sign-ups for tournaments start June 1.
|VIP Registration (Lower level: Hall E)|
|2:00 pm – 8:00 pm||VIP Lounge (Lower level: Hall E)|
|4:00 pm – 8:00 pm||Tournaments - More Information|
|4:00 pm – 8:00 pm||Titanfall Tournament - More Information|
|4:30 pm – 5:20 pm||Panel Session (Lower Level: Hall E)
Gaming: It’s a $100B Pie... get your slice!
The video game software market is set to hit an explosive $100 billion. How do you get a slice of that pie? What makes a successful developer, designer, writer, composer, etc? Where do gaming apps fit in? DLC? Hear success stories from those within the industry.
|5:30 pm – 6:20 pm||Panel Session (Lower Level: Hall E)
Zombies: They’re not Dead Yet!
The zombie infestation, although a basis of fiction, is actually happening through each and every one of our favorite mediums of entertainment. The fascination with zombies through comics, movies, TV and video games continues to grow, and become some of the most popular areas of entertainment. What is it that makes this craze “never die” and continue to live? How are zombies continuing to evolve? Will this trend ever actually be put to rest? Hear thoughts, ideas, and an overview of what some of the leaders in the video game space have to say about this zombie apocalypse.
|6:30 pm – 7:30 pm||Panel Session (Lower Level: Hall E)
On the Frontlines: First Person Shooters
First-person shooter (FPS) games. Highly coveted. Widely played. But what makes them so appealing? What draws gamers to FPS titles and keeps them coming back for more? Join us as we speak with a series of developers, writers and others about why FPS titles, time and again, surpass so much of the gaming competition.
Wednesday, September 10
Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA
Who will be there?
GameStop's partners and top gaming publishers, as well as your favorite console and tablet suppliers. You'll have access to over 80 companies like: Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, WB Games, Disney, Take Two and Square Enix. You'll also see accessory vendors like Beats, Phillips, Skull Candy and Turtle Beach, and mobile providers like AT&T and Cricket Wireless. Plus, make new friends with console and tablet providers, including PlayStation, Xbox, Wii, Wii U, WikiPad, and Leap Frog.
Visit the Take 2 booth and meet NBA Athlete Julius Randle – 2014 NBA First Round Draft Pick!
What's there to do?
Are you kidding? If you like games — you'll love this EXPO! You'll be able to play your favorite upcoming games (yes, play!), before they're even released. Take a look at some of the games you'll be able experience while you're there. Check out never-before-seen footage, games in beta/test mode, and games and consoles that have just been released. Not only can you play these unreleased games, you can also:
- Play the PS4 & Xbox One on the EXPO floor!
- Talk to developers and get autographs from celebrities
- Meet other players to expand your online community
- Get your picture taken and enhanced in our complimentary green screen booth
This seven-hour experience is dedicated to everything gaming, including consoles, tablets and more!
Early hands-on access to LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham, the next installment to the best-selling LEGO Batman videogame franchise developed by TT Games.
Batman™: Arkham Knight fans will be able to see and take photos with the full-scale model of the Batmobile, as seen in Rocksteady Studios’ upcoming epic conclusion to the Batman: Arkham trilogy, which will be on display throughout the show.
Batman Cape/Cowl/Create exhibit, featuring life-size recreations of the Dark Knight’s iconic cowl headpiece and cape as seen in Batman: Arkham Knight re-imagined by top pop and comic artists, including Carlos D’Anda, Akio Segawa, Buff Monster, Mike Perry, and the Rocksteady team.
Batman Costume Contest
Dress as Batman or your favorite DC Comics hero or villain on Wednesday, September 10 to win great prizes. Enter the Batman contest on site. Prizes awarded for Best Modern Day Batman, Best Retro Batman and Best Batman Related Character.
Batman Costume Contest RulesGeneral Information
- Please follow all of the rules and instructions given, and keep the stage areas clean. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in you being asked to leave, and we really do not want that to happen to anyone. We're here to make sure you all have a great show, whether you are in the audience or on stage.
- Registration for each contestant will be held at the registration booth at the entrance to the Expo. There is no limit to the number of contestants. Please register early in order to ensure entrance into the contest.
- Registration will begin on Tuesday, September 9th at 2:00pm and ends at noon on Wednesday, September 10th.
- Please fill out your entry forms clearly, and do not skip portions of the entry. Turn your forms in at the Registration desk.
- Batman Contest Line Up begins at 1:00pm. If you feel that you'd like to speak with the staff, practice, or clarify anything with us, I encourage you to come in as soon as you can. We love answering questions.
- Last call for Batman Costume Contest line up is at 1:45pm. At that time, we will be lining everyone up, and reviewing the rules. If you fail to show up at lineup by then, you will be labeled as a no-show. If you're running late for any reason, please send a representative for you to the line-up so that you will still get your number, or let the Event Team staff annotate it on your form.
- Picture taking is allowed (and encouraged!). We request that all contestants, and especially all winners, be willing to spend a few minutes after the contest to be available for photo ops.
- Only Batman universe costumes are allowed for competition.
- Batman Costume Participants Only. Please do not bring friends along with you unless they are your stage ninjas or handler for your entry.
- Skits are allowed, but they are limited to 2 minutes. Fight scenes during skits are permitted, but we ask that you only perform at half speed. Be sure to well choreograph any fight scenes to insure that no one gets injured.
- Absolutely NO foul language will be acceptable. Remember, this is a family convention so let's be respectful of all the children and parents out there.
- Parents are required to accompany children 13 years of age and younger during the costume contest.
- Costumes cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religion, professional or age group, profane or pornographic
- "No costume is no costume." Public nudity is illegal in California, so come dressed in a manner that would not violate the law. Please remember that children will be present in the audience.
- No dangerous or potentially dangerous props will be allowed. No pyrotechnics, live flames, or smoke generators of any kind. No real weapons of any kind are allowed. This includes air soft guns, paintball guns, and steel weapons. Compliance with GameStop weapons policy is expected. Contestants violating this rule will be immediately disqualified, as well as any other repercussions for violating weapons policy.
- Everything that comes with you on stage MUST come back off with you. For this reason, please do not bring confetti, liquid, messy substances, glitter, or anything else that cannot be picked up by you easy at the end of your entry. Clean up after yourself quickly to make way for the next entry.
- If you feel that you are not sure if your costume is appropriate or not, please email a picture of your character in advance to GameStopEXPO@gamestop.com.
- Follow all directions provided to you by the Event Team staff. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. The key to a smooth show is cooperation.
- HAVE FUN!!!
Judging & Awards
- Costumes will be judged on accuracy, creativity, craftsmanship and presentation.
- All awards presented are at the judges' discretion and are final.
- Contest will be divided by 17+ years old and Under 17 categories.
- Awards will be awarded for the following themes:
- Overall Batman (Batman Only) 1st & 2nd places
- Present-Day Batman related
- Retro Batman related
Visit the GameStop Store-on-the-Floor during the EXPO to find lots of fun stuff including:
- Lots of Action Figures
- Tons of Toys
- Microsoft Games
- Sony Games
- Nintendo Games
- Disney Infinity
- Game Accessories
- PC Downloads
- Everything that GameStop sells through Web in Store
GameStop appreciates your interest in covering the GameStop EXPO 2014 on Sept. 10, 2014. GameStop EXPO 2014 media registration is open only to working journalists who are over the age of 17 with an accredited media outlet. You will be contacted prior to the event with confirmation of your credential request. GameStop reserves the right to grant or refuse media access.
All media visiting the GameStop EXPO 2014 must have authorized credentials to cover the event. Please submit your credential request via this survey https://s.zoomerang.com/s/2014GameStopEXPO by Aug. 28, 2014.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Kyle Stephenson at KyleStephenson@Gamestop.com. Credentials will be available at the registration desk when each media outlet arrives at the GameStop EXPO 2014. Credentials will not be mailed in advance of EXPO. Please allow enough time to pick up your credentials at the registration desk prior to entering the EXPO.
Dressing in Character
We know that a lot of our PowerUp Rewards members are hardcore gamers with a passion for their favorite franchises. If you are attending GameStop EXPO 2014 and plan to dress as your favorite character, please know that absolutely no weapons or any item that could be construed as a weapon will be permitted onto the premises. This includes everything ranging from your dagger with +1 Agility all the way up to Frostmourne.
Consent to Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at or participation in GameStop meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to GameStop's use and distribution of the attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions or audiotapes of such events and activities.
Attendees must be 17 years of age or older, or accompanied by an adult. Some activities or games may feature mature content. Exhibitors reserve the right to restrict content for guests under the age of 17, even when a consenting parent or guardian is present. All attendees under the age of 20 will be asked to wear a wristband to identify the ESRB rating that's best suited for their age group.
St. Jude PLAY LIVEGameStop joined St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in the fight against cancer and other catastrophic diseases in 2013 when GameStop launched its inaugural program for the St. Jude Thanks and Giving® campaign. GameStop raised more than $1 million that year —a truly remarkable achievement.
GameStop is also proud to be the PowerUp sponsor for the St. Jude PLAY LIVE program, a program which gives participants a chance to use their gaming skills to fundraise to help St. Jude kids continue to win very real battles with cancer and other deadly diseases.
Turn your passion for play into hope for kids with St. Jude PLAY LIVE, now through September 1. Simply sign up, create a fundraising page, ask for donations and play video games. Need service hours? Earn 10 hours for every $100 raised. Want to win prizes? Participants get the chance to earn exclusive gifts and amazing incentives, like the GameStop Expo Challenge. The greatest reward, of course, is helping save lives.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other deadly diseases. Fundraisers like St. Jude PLAY LIVE participants help ensure that families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
Our Official Vendors Include:
- Sony Computer Entertainment of America
- WB Games
- Disney Consumer Products
- Nintendo of America
- Square Enix
- Performance Designed Products
- Turtle Beach
- Bandai Namco Games America
- Mad Catz
- Bethesda Softworks LLC
- GAEMS Inc.
- Konami Digital Entertainment
- Konami Digital Entertainment
- Cricket Wireless
- Nyco Technologies
- Telltale Games
- AlphaComm Enterprises
- CokeM International
- Majesco Entertainment
- Nvidia Corp
- Tracfone Wireless Inc.
- Power A (BDA)
- Skull Candy/Astro
- 505 Games
- Alliance Distributors
- ASD Solutions Ltd
- AT&T Mobility
- Camy Electronics and Plastics
- Datel Design & Development
- Diamond Comic Distributers
- Digital Innovations
- Empire Brands (Wicked Audio)
- Global Holdings Inc.
- Ingram Micro
- InterWorks Unlimited
- LA Marketing Inc
- Leap Frog
- Level Up by Whalen
- Liberty Distribution Company
- Liquid Metal Distribution
- McFarlane Toys
- Musterbrand, Inc.
- Opportunity Resources, Inc.
- Prisma Games
- Salem Software
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
- Solutions 2 Go
- The Pokemon Company International
Experience Upcoming Games:
- Metro Redux
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
- Theatrhytm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
- Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMIX
- Dead Island 2
- Escape Dead Island
- FIFA 15
- Madden 15
- NHL 15
- Dragon Age Inquisition
- Battlefield Hardline
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
- Natural Doctrine
- Fairy Fencer F
- Evil Within
- Koei Tecmo:
- Samurai Warriors 4
- Alien: Isolation
- Sonic Boom
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd
- Ultra Street Fighter IV
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Sunset Overdrive
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Forza Horizon 2
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Batman Arkham Knight
- Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
- LEGO Batman 3 Beyond Gotham
- Dying Light
- Mortal Kombat X
- Sniper Elite 3
- Payday 2 Safecracker - GOTY
- Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley
- Planes Fire & Rescue
- Adventure Time 3
- Crimes & Punishments Sherlock Holmes
- MX vs ATV Supercross
- Disney Big Hero 6
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
- Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!
- Shadow Warrior
- Falling Skies
- Air Conflict Vietnam
- Costume Quest 2
- Cooking Mama 5
- Hello Kitty Racing