3DS / DSi Universal AC Adapter
I bought this adapter for my 3DS before visiting Europe. The USB port charging worked great on the airplane. It's great for plugging into portable battery packs as well. I don't usually trust third party products but I took a chance and this one works without flaw. The chord is a little too short for my preferences, but that was an easy fix as I just bought a USB extension cable.
It also comes with a wall plug adapter that is 100-240V compatible so it can easily be adapted to Europe's outlets without a voltage changer.
Ds universal adapter
Well universal is right this charger works with all Nintendo Ds models including the Dsi XL it also works on the GBA SP I have found no problems with the adapter and have tested it on my Ds Lite and GBA SP so if you need another adapter for your Ds or GBA SP systems then this is the charger for you also the color of the charger may depend on the Gamestop store you I got mine in white but overall I am extremely satisfied with my purchase and recommend this product and Gamestop itself to many many fans of gaming.
Best charger I've ever bought
This charger is versatile and useful. It's constructed well, and seems to outlast my other chargers. Sometimes I've bought off brand chargers from Amazon and eBay, but this one is my favorite. I just wish they were more like $7.00 but they do hold their value. With the USB functionality of it, you can plug it into computers and adapters for the car to charge also. If you end up losing the piece to plug it in at home, you can get just that piece, as long as you still have the wire. Also, my cable splits into 2 at the end, so it can charge my 3DS and my DS lites. I like this better than the old style that had different ends that attached. This way nothing falls off. Great charger!
A Universal Charger
A well designed adapter for every handheld that Nintendo has ever made! From the Gameboy Advance SP to the Nintendo 3DS, this adapter fits your need to recharge your handheld systems!
Works Perfectly, Cord a Little Short
What I like:
- This charger is very compact. Much like Nintendo's AC adapter, the plug rotates into itself to create a small rectangle. The cord that plugs into the DS Lite or 3DS is easily detached from the AC plug base (it's a totally standard usb charging cable).
- It will charge other devices. The AC part is just a standard USB wall charger. You can unplug the 3DS/DS Lite cord and plug a different USB charging cable into it instead. However, it might not charge iPads, that require 2.1A ports.
- The USB cable will charge your device from a laptop or computer. I bought some unbranded cheap 3DS USB charging cables from Amazon, which work great for charging from a small battery pack I own. This is the same thing, but now I have one cable that can charge either a 3DS or my DS Lite (which means one less cable I have to tote around).
What I Don't Like:
- The cord isn't very long. The original cable that came with my 3DS XL isn't super long by any means, but it's still longer than this. When plugged in behind my nightstand, it isn't long enough for the 3DS to sit on top without sitting too close to the edge.
- Untested, but I don't think this can charge both devices at the same time. If it does work, I'll update my review.
The USB plug is a y shape at the end. The two plug options will work with the 3DS, the 3DS XL, the DSi, and the DS Lite. The original DS and Game Boy Advance had square type plugs and will not work without a different USB cable (does anyone make one?).
The description is clearly a typo, and will hopefully be corrected soon. I am completely sympathetic with anyone that was mislead. The Game Stop I bought it from had completely covered up the description with the price tag when I bought it, so I did not buy it assuming that it would work with my GBA SP or original DS. I was able to recognize the plug tips, which WERE visible as being for the 3DS and DS Lite/DSi, and as a result, I am a satisfied customer.
this ac adapter is really awesome for gamer's consoles to be charged.
great for anyone!
i got this after my old ds lite AC Adapter broke. works great, and if you don't have a 3ds but will get soon and have a ds, get it.
Works Great, Cord Could Be A Little Longer But That's Ok. Only Fits The DSi,3DS,3DS XL Which Are The Newer Systems
Not as advertised
I bought this hoping to charge my gameboy advance SP, it does not have a plug for that as advertised. If you are looking for a charger for any DS models excluding the first gen, then this is for you.
Not what it seems
No longer has the port for the refurbed Nintendo DS even tho they're still making the refurb models.